St Margaret's Residential Home

5 Priestlands Park Road, Sidcup DA15 7HR

St Margaret's Residential Home, in Sidcup, employs a friendly care team who are highly-qualified to provide personalised dementia care packages.

A comfortable interior and pleasant surroundings make for an ideal atmosphere in which to achieve a relaxing daily lifestyle, with secluded gardens and good wheelchair access.

The home keeps close links with regulators and related health professionals in order to make sure all individuals have their needs and vulnerabilities effectively safeguarded.

Group: Yara Enterprises Ltd t/a St Margarets Residential Home

Person in charge: Peggy Jones (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Bexley Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 22 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £560 – £750 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact St Margaret's Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on St Margaret's Residential Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for St Margaret's Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for St Margaret's Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.432 for St Margaret's Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (49 Excellents x 5) + (39 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 95 Ratings = 4.432

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for St Margaret's Residential Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.4 positive Reviews (22 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 4.4 Target Reached = 1

9.4 St Margaret's Residential Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.432) from 8 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St Margaret's Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to St Margaret's Residential Home

The care at St Margaret's Residential Home is the most important thing for me and my mother. Care staff are extremely caring and friendly and helpful, they really go above and beyond to meeting mother's needs.

The manager has always been there for me and I think she runs a tight ship. I am there a lot (day and night) and I am very happy that my mother is cared for to a good standard. 100% satisfied.

How likely would you be to recommend St Margaret's Residential Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are friendly and considerate. They are polite to visitors and good with the residents, who they seem to have got to know very well. The home is very cosy and comfortable with a pleasant garden. The environment is generally homely and warm. If there are any issues, staff are quick to ring me. The home is situated in a pleasant, quiet and convenient area. There is no problem parking.

How likely would you be to recommend St Margaret's Residential Home? Likely

We moved my Sister into St. Margarets 1 year ago. She is very happy at St. Margarets and is often telling us this. She is healthier than she has been for sometime. She feels safe and secure and clearly very fond of all the staff. It has been a real success. I can't fault the facility and think all the staff are great.

Peggy Jones, Director at St Margaret's Residential Home responded to this review on 27 Apr 2018:

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I found the care home and its staff took great care of my mother who sadly passed away in early January 2018. They did all that was expected of them - in fact, nothing was too much trouble to make her feel comfortable and safe.

Although I have had a dispute in the past over the level of fees charged at this home, I am generally happy with my mum's level of care here. The staff are very accommodating and caring and when I visited mum yesterday, she seemed very happy in herself. She was clean and presentable and her room tidy. The food seems to be of an acceptable standard with regular refreshment provided to the residents. My only concern is the level of mental stimulation provided by way of entertainment during the day. I have been there when it is taking place and this has been good but I'm not sure how regularly this takes place. Other than this point, I am happy that mum is in the right place. Under "Value for Money", there aren't too many choices available and so I have put "poor" because although the service is generally acceptable, I still think the cost is very high for what mum is paying.

How likely would you be to recommend St Margaret's Residential Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Thank you very much.

My father entered St Margaret's Residential Home in January when due to personal circumstances, I was unable to continue being his primary carer. Prior to entering St Margaret's Residential Home dad had become more and more distant preferring to sleep rather than talk. After a week in his new environment, he became our dad again chatting and taking an interest in the world again. The home allows me to take my dogs to visit. I cannot praise them enough.

Since 2015 my mother has been in the care of St Margaret's. I cannot praise them enough for all the help they have given to my mother and all the kindness that they have shown. when I visit my mother she is always clean and tidy and I have never seen her not presentable. The staff always offer tea, coffee and biscuits when I visit and the Manager is very good and her staff are wonderful.

This home is excellent. The staff have a proper routine for changing soiled pads, hence my wife is always nice and clean whenever I visit with no prior warning, and she is always looked after with respect. It's just a lovely, homely care home and I appreciate that my wife is looked after so well. Even when I visit, they make me so welcome with a nice cup of coffee or tea. It's been the same since my wife has been there for 2 years. I can't speak highly enough of St Margaret's.

Mrs Hudda, Director at St Margaret's Residential Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2017:

Thank you very much for your kind and honest review.

Submit a Review for St Margaret's Residential Home

posted 03 May 2018

Private Room with ensuite

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for St Margaret's Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Margaret's Residential Home