Seymour House, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire

Seymour House Residential Care Home, a luxury care home for older people providing 24 hour residential and dementia care, with a personal touch.

When you’re looking for a care home, either for yourself or a loved one, it’s important you feel confident with your decision. That means choosing somewhere that offers the highest standards of care, comfort and support. This modern, purpose-built home benefits from attractive decor, modern facilities and landscaped gardens. Seymour House provides residents with a secure, relaxed and homely environment in which their care, well being and comfort are of utmost importance. They preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all residents within a warm and caring atmosphere, creating a home away from home.

A dementia accredited care home, with features that have been specifically adapted to promote an independent and enabling environment. Design considerations stimulate and aid residents' recollection, using ‘memory triggers’. Carers have had comprehensive dementia training to enable them to meet the more specific needs of these residents, recognise them as individuals, and to provide person-centred care from the heart.

Group: Seymour House Residential Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Niluka Seneviratne (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Admission Information: Ages from 65 to 100.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French, Gujarati, Swahili

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £575 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Seymour House to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Seymour House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Seymour House: click here

posted 12 Nov 2017

RESIDENTIAL DEMENTIA

8.6 Seymour House has a Review Score of 8.6 (8.625)

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Seymour House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Seymour House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.75 for Seymour House is calculated as follows: ( (55 Excellents x 5) + (16 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 72 Ratings = 4.75

The 3.875 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Seymour House is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.375

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Seymour House?

Reviewer Connection to Seymour House

The staff look after me very well. I have been living here since 2008 and I have no complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Seymour House? Extremely Likely

Very happy. No worries about shopping I do my own activity and have the food that I want.
I have visits from friends. Nice and warm with my own TV in my bedroom. Always asked what I want. Staff are lovely and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Seymour House? Extremely Likely

When Mum first went into Seymour House it was a very distressing time. The manager and staff were able to make the transition worry free. Their care and attention was outstanding. Mum soon settled in and the kindness and support they offered over the years made the difference

How likely would you be to recommend Seymour House? Extremely Likely

My husband suffers from dementia. When a care home was needed, I visited five. I chose Seymour House because all residents were happy and busy with their hobbies and games that day. The carers were smiling, there was a feeling of welcome in the air. As soon as I entered the door, I could tell that this was a place "just like home" This was two years ago and despite his health problems my husband is enjoying a quality of life which is better than he could find anywhere else. All this is due to the wonderful carers at Seymour House.

How likely would you be to recommend Seymour House? Extremely Likely

The assistance provided to myself personally, is both immeasurable and beyond reproach. Furthermore, the personal hygiene accorded to me has and continues to be constantly exceeding all my expectations. In all honesty, I feel I can say little else and am gratefully thankful for the extreme help all the care home staff have given me.

How likely would you be to recommend Seymour House? Extremely Likely

I used to visit my friend who lived in Seymour House for more than ten years until she passed away in October 2014. The Home and it's staff were all wonderful. My friend was a like a family to them and they know us (visitors) by our names.
My friend was always looking nice and comfortable. My friend's daughter and son in law still visit Seymour House to see old friends. The home always called us to inform and update us about my friend so that even if we were not there we were all aware of what was happening. We were all happy and contented with the care my friend received, especially when we all need to go on a long holiday break, we had trusted that my friend would be looked after.
The home was always clean and no malodour. We could not comment on the laundry as we did the laundry.
During the last few days of my friend, she was well looked after with care and compassion. She was very comfortable.
My friend's daughter asked me to write this for her as she does not have an email account.

Submit a Review for Seymour House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Seymour House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Seymour House