Broadacres Care Home, Norwich, Norfolk

Broadacres Residential Home is located in scenic landscaped gardens, adjacent to the Broads National Park, making for an ideal atmosphere to achieve a relaxing daily lifestyle, while being in 24-hour contact with skilled and friendly carers.

Each room is generous in size, with its own bathroom and bath lift.

Though suitable for long-term care needs, Broadacres also welcomes respite and day care, with a focus on enhancing safety, comfort and quality of life. A wide range of therapeutic treatments are available.

Day care is available Monday to Friday, with a vast selection of activities and trips to suit all interests and hobbies, with opportunities for people to develop new friendships.

All staff are highly qualified and up-to-date with care regulation objectives and care sector developments.

Group: Broadacres Care Home Trading Ltd

Person in charge: Kim Horley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 28 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

A151 from Norwich over Wroxham Bridge, straight on through Wroxham/Hoveton. Half a mile after the de-restriction sign going towards Stalham, turn right, signed Barton Turf and Neatishead. Follow road into Neatishead, sharp left round the White Horse Pub, over a small bridge, turn immediately right signed Barton Turf. After approx 1/2 mile Broadacres is the last house of the row on the right.

Any time

Car park

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Broadacres Care Home: click here

8.8 Broadacres Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.753)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Broadacres Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Broadacres Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.0 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.717 for Broadacres Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (87 Excellents x 5) + (32 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 120 Ratings = 4.717

The 4.036 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Broadacres Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 5.6 positive Reviews (28 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 5.6 Target = 0.536

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Broadacres Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Broadacres Care Home

• Power of Attorney/Solicitor of Resident/Service User

We moved in late September 2017. We were made welcome. During December the place was decorated for Christmas. There was a concert with a talented lady singer, Christmas fare and a visit to a Pantomime. Alcohol is provided at lunches or beer.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father started at Broadacres with daycare but as he became more frail he was offered the next available room. He, is in fact was admitted to hospital just prior to fulltime care and Broadacres and the hospital liaised perfectly when he was discharged directly to BroadacThe staff at Broadacres made him extremely welcome and comfortable and continue to do all they can to encourage him to partake of life in his new home.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have found staff and management very approachable when dealing with the placement of my client. In particular, I have witnessed how well the staff interact not only with my client but also with other residents. The facilities and accommodation are of a standard that you would expect in a good hotel.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

This care home provides a home from home environment. Nothing appears too much trouble. The staff always have plenty of time for any request. Resident and their families are all treated with dignity and respect a truly lovely home!

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

A lovely warm and welcoming home. A plush interior is matched with lovely gardens and kind and attentive carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

During mum's short stay at Broadacres, she received exceptional care. treated with much dignity at the end of her life, also support for the family. A wonderful care home in every respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lovely location and an extremely well kept property. The d├ęcor is relaxing yet grand. The atmosphere inside is lovely and calm and warm. The staff are brilliant and the level of care my dad has received is incredible. Quick referrals, kind service and although dad is wheelchair bound with Parkinson's, thanks to the staff at Broadacres he has kept his dignity and remains clean and well presented.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

My parents moved to Broadacres in the autumn of 2015 and have enjoyed excellent care in the home which is more like a hotel than a residential home. The staff are always helpful and willing to chat and always try to provide a home from home atmosphere. Broadacres is easily the best care home I and many of my relatives and friends have ever visited.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother aged 92 went to Broadacres after breaking her wrist in May. Although against the idea at first she has had excellent care and support from all the staff. She has eaten well and got stronger and is now very happy to be looked after. My brother and I are extremely pleased with the way the staff here welcomed her and made her feel so much at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Broadacres Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lovely place, with kind caring staff. Large room with beautiful view.

Submit a Review for Broadacres Care Home

February 2015

Kim

Kim Horley

Joined: 2014

I have worked within the care sector since leaving school. I started as a carer and since gaining my NVQ level 5 have progressed into Management. I started at Broadacres in December and have taken our residents and staff to my heart. I care passionately about their rights and the quality of care they receive.

Susan

Susan Spinks

Job Title: Care Manager/Fire Trainer

Joined: 2007

I have worked at Broadacres for 8 years and within the care sector for over 20 years and in this time have gained my NVQ Level 4. I love working with the elderly and their families and hope I make a difference to their lives.

Clayre

Clayre Barker

Job Title: Office Manager

Joined: 2011

I started at Broadacres in 2011 as an Administrative Assistant. I have since been promoted to Office Manager and I am currently working towards my NVQ Level 3 in Business Management. The surroundings are so beautiful that it makes coming to work an absolute pleasure.

Katelyn

Katelyn Marshall

Job Title: Servery Assistant

Joined: 2017

I have just left school and didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. I saw this position advertised and I really enjoy the work and the residents. I think in the future I would like to work as a carer.

Tracy

Tracy Smith

Joined: 2017

I live locally and when I saw this position advertised I jumped at it! The hours are perfect for me and I have settled in really well.

Sharon

Sharon Sheen

Job Title: Night Carer

Joined: 2017

My friend works at Broadacres and after listening to how much she enjoys working there I decided to apply. The hours suit me perfectly and the training was really in depth as I had not done care before. I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

Julie

Julie Sarsby

Job Title: Person in Charge/ Infection Control Lead

Joined: 2006

I have worked in care for many years and at Broadacres since 2006. I am a qualified NVQ assessor and have gained a level 3 in Health and Social Care. I am the Infection Control champion at Broadacres, dealing with training and policies and procedures. I enjoy my role and love being part of the team here at Broadacres.

Louisa

Louisa Oldfield

Job Title: Person in Charge/Carer

Joined: 2014

I have worked in the Health and Social care field for over 24 years, including working and supporting children and their families. I studied with the Open University gaining a level 4 and very much hope to eventually complete my degree. My role at Broadacres is both as a Person in Charge and a carer, I enjoy both very much and get great job satisfaction.

Claire

Claire Thompson

Job Title: Night Carer

Joined: 2017

I have worked at Broadacres for three months now and I am really enjoying it. My hours fit around my home life and my children.

Nick

Nick Cooper

Job Title: Relief Person in Charge/Carer

Joined: 2014

I have been employed by Broadacres for just over a year, I was lucky enough to come here as an agency worker and taken on permanently. I have worked in many different care homes, this is by far the nicest for staff and residents.

Teresa

Teresa Harper

Joined: 2017

I have just started working at Broadacres in May 2017, I have worked in care for 25 years and am happy to be working in an environment that holds dignity and respect in such high regard. It is a beautiful home with lovely people.

Natalie

Natalie Thwaites

Job Title: Night Person in Charge

Joined: 2008

I have worked at Broadacres for 7 years, I started as a Carer on day shifts and on completion of my NVQ level 2, progressed to a Person in Charge. I have since completed my Level 3, started a family and work night shifts which suits my family life perfectly. I feel my future is with Broadacres and am hoping this will lead to further qualifications and opportunities.
Congratulations to Natalie on achieving her level 2 in leadership and Management.

Dan

Dan Lavery

Job Title: Maintenance

Joined: 2016

I started at Broadacres in 2016. It is a pleasure to help maintain such beautiful buildings and surroundings. I completed my degree in countryside management several years ago and working at Broadacres gives me the opportunity to use my skills encouraging and enhancing wildlife and ecology.

Marie

Marie Atkins

Joined: 2016

I started with Broadacres in October of last year after being out of care for several years. It is a lovely place to work and build my confidence back up.

Luke

Luke Harmer

Job Title: Servery Assistant

Joined: 2017

My Mum has worked at Broadacres for a couple of years now and when the opportunity for a part time server assistant position became available I jumped at it. The staff have all made me feel really welcome and the residents are lovely.

Sandra

Sandra Root

Job Title: Person in Charge/Hairdresser

Joined: 2014

I have been working at Broadacres for 18 months, I am currently working towards my NVQ level 2 and have just completed my Person in Charge training. I juggle work with a busy family life and enjoy every moment.
Congratulations on achieving your NVQ level 2.

Teresa

Teresa Hope

Job Title: Activities Coordinator/Daycare

Joined: 2016

I volunteered at Broadacres for the summer and I loved it so much that when a position became available I jumped at the opportunity. I am working as part of the activities team which means I spend lots of one to one time with our residents.
Congratulations on being awarded the 'Care Home Hero' award for making a difference to our residents lives.

Michelle

Michelle Eke

Job Title: Carer/Person In Charge

Joined: 2010

I have been a carer for 8 years, 5 of which have been spent at Broadacres, I have achieved my NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social care and NCFE Level 2 in administering medication. I enjoy working at Broadacres and hope to spend many more years here.

Fiona

Fiona Farrow

Job Title: Head Chef/ Diabetes Lead.

Joined: 2010

I have worked at Broadacres since 2010, I am Level 3 qualified in Supervisory Food Hygiene. I enjoy my work and love interacting with the residents. I regularly cater for our events in the home including buffets and cream teas.
I have recently become a diabetic lead with in the home, my role is to train staff and residents and monitor diabetes with in the home, supporting residents who suffer from diabetes.

Kelly

Kelly Ransome

Joined: 2015

I started working at Broadacres as a housekeeper, I quickly realised that my passion was working with the residents. I am fortunate that Kim gave me the training and support I needed and I am now working as a part of the care team.

Sue

Sue Everett

Joined: 2016

I started work at Broadacres in February, the staff are all really friendly and I feel like I have been a part of the team for years.

Ann

Ann Hill

Joined: 2007

I have worked at Broadacres for 8 years as a housekeeper, I have completed my NVQ Levels 1 and 2 in Housekeeping. Broadcares is a really friendly place to work.

Charlie

Charlie Turner

Job Title: Person in Charge/Carer

Joined: 2013

I have worked in care for 5 years and been employed by Broadacres since 2013. I have just completed my NVQ level 2 and am looking forwards to starting my level 3 in the near future. I have recently been promoted to Person in Charge and cant wait for this new challenge.

Tracy

Tracy Hurren

Joined: 2015

I started in May 2015 and I already feel like a part of the team. I have worked in care for many years and have found Broadacres to be friendly and the care is to a very high standard.

Oliver

Oliver Parsnip

Job Title: Furry friend

Joined: 2015

Oliver parsnip came to Broadacres in November at just 16 weeks old, he was named by our residents and has very quickly become an important part of the home. He is spoilt rotten by residents, staff and visitors and he loves it!!

Rachel

Rachel Watson

Job Title: Waitress/ Relief Chef

Joined: 2014

I began working here as an Evening Servery assistant, but when my circumstances changed I spoke to the Manager who was able to accommodate me and I am now working as a lunchtime waitress, which I absolutely love.

Tanya

Tanya Gabriel

Job Title: Carer/Diabetes Lead.

Joined: 2015

I came to Broadacres in September after working in a nursing home for 8 years. I had become very disillusioned after working within a large group and it is so refreshing to work in an independent home where the staff are valued. I have recently become one of the Diabetes Leads in the home, my role is to train staff and residents and monitor diabetes with in the home, supporting residents who suffer from diabetes.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Broadacres Care Home