Whetstone Grange, Leicester, Leicestershire

Group: A L A Care Ltd

Person in charge: Lyndsay Frearson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Admission Information: Residents aged 65 years and over. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £480 – £550 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Whetstone Grange to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Whetstone Grange: click here

posted 30 Dec 2017

1 x single en-suites2 x single

7.3 Whetstone Grange has a Review Score of 7.3 (7.311)

The Review Score of 7.3 (maximum of 10) for Whetstone Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Whetstone Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.179 for Whetstone Grange is calculated as follows: ( (37 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 106 Ratings = 4.179

The 3.132 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Whetstone Grange is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 7.6 positive Reviews (38 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 7.6 Target = 0.132

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Whetstone Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Whetstone Grange

My mother has been in this care home since the beginning of December. She is not the easiest of people to deal with at times. However, I have found on all the visits to be well cared for and well fed. She has many mixed feelings with her condition, which I have found to be addressed by staff in a caring manner. I can phone anytime to speak to my mother, with living many miles away. We visit as much as possible, which we are made very welcome. I can talk to staff with ease, email and personally, I am happy with the service we are getting.

When visiting the home in the mornings, I had noticed the lounges to be chilly, which my mother had commented on before. I think this is due to so much glass with the conservatories. Maybe triple glazing would sort that issue. There is plenty of good food, biscuits and hot drink offered. It is the right place for my mother to be. There are times still when she is unsettled, it has only been about 8 weeks, she has dementia. The care for her is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Extremely Likely

My mum has only been in Whetstone Grange for the past 5 weeks, she found it difficult the first week but has settled in quite well now. The staff are friendly and helpful to mum and she seems to like them. I find the staff friendly and they can always answer any questions I have about my mums welfare. So... so far so good.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Likely

We are very happy with my mothers level of care at Whetstone Grange. Her level of awareness and physical strength has picked up considerably. Before she was a resident at the home, she was very ill and not eating properly which was very hard on us, as well, her family three sons and one daughter. The one area I would like to mention and it's only one, I wish there were more activities for the residents. We are all extremely happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Extremely Likely

The staff are caring and hard working to give individual care to each resident. The building/environment needs money spending on it. Total redecoration in lounges and new furniture needed asap. Meals are well prepared and appealing to residents. Use of the garden does not seem to happen which is a shame.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Likely

Cleanliness has improved over the last few months, meal quality variable. Furniture needs cleaning/upgrading. Staff mostly friendly and attentive.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Neither Unlikely or Likely

The staff are very good. Always helpful and very polite. If I have a problem with a resident when I come to visit my mum they take care of the situation so I can visit my mum in peace. I used to bring my own flask of tea until the staff said I didn't need to as I could use their machine to make one when visiting mum. This was very good of them. Any issues regarding mum they soon let my brother or myself know. When I ring up they are always helpful as well in answering my questions.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Extremely Likely

I am very happy for my mother to be in Whetstone Grange. Staff are friendly and seem very caring. They provide food and drink regularly including fresh fruit. It is very clean and doesn't smell. It is very secure with numbered locks etc. They are very good at coping with mum when she is uncooperative. She has Alzheimer's and sight problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Extremely Likely

The food is good. Staffing is great and very helpful when I need anything. I am very happy here for about 6 years and would not be looking for anywhere else to go and I have made lots of friends in the home I get on with.

How likely would you be to recommend Whetstone Grange? Extremely Likely

All staff and management are very friendly and answer any queries I might have concerning my mothers care. I am kept up to date on all aspects of her well being and she appears to be very happy there. I have no complaints.

Submit a Review for Whetstone Grange

Natasha

Natasha Smith

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 1997

Natasha Smith has worked for A.L.A Care for 20 years from starting as a Care Assistant and working her way up to Head Senior and gaining her NVQ Level 3 in care. Natasha has been the Administrator for 10 years.

Lyndsay

Lyndsay Frearson

Job Title: Care Manager

Joined: 2015

Miss Lyndsay Frearson holds the registered managers award, NVQ level 3 & 4 in Health & Social Care and further care related training. She has worked in care for over 27 years and approximately 10 of these as a care manager. Lyndsay has been our Care Manager for over 2 years.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Whetstone Grange