Ella McCambridge Residential Home

Winslow Place, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 3QP

Group: Manor Care Home Group

Person in charge: Pamela Mason (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Newcastle upon Tyne City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 67 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £455 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Ella McCambridge Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ella McCambridge Residential Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Ella McCambridge Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ella McCambridge Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.856 for Ella McCambridge Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (145 Excellents x 5) + (20 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 167 Ratings = 4.856

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ella McCambridge Residential Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.4 positive Reviews (67 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 13.4 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Ella McCambridge Residential Home has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.856) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ella McCambridge Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ella McCambridge Residential Home

I cannot praise this home enough. My dad has been here for nearly 2 years and settled well. I was very unsure about putting him in here but the staff were reassuring and I could not wish for him to be anywhere else. The staff are worth their weight in gold. Credit to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ella McCambridge Residential Home? Extremely Likely

My husband came here 2 years ago. I cannot fault it as everyone is friendly and helpful and work very hard. Lovely atmosphere and nothing is too much trouble to them. I feel at ease when I leave my husband. Credit to all.

I've been here a while. All in all its good.

This is my respite placement at present, it's ideal for the elderly and the staff are lovely and friendly.

My mum was at Ella McCambridge for ten years and the care she received was of the highest standard. All the staff engage with the residents in a caring and sensitive manner, treating them with dignity.

Living in London and only able to visit monthly, I can say, without hesitation, that I had absolute confidence in the quality of care she received. I always arrived unannounced to spend several hours in the home on the day of my visit. I witnessed first-hand how the staff coped with a wide range of situations from dealing with a difficult or sick resident and making mealtimes an enjoyable experience to encouraging all residents to join in with the organised activities or the fun of an impromptu sing-song. I never had cause for concern.

On every visit, I received a big welcome from the staff. Ella McCambridge has a very warm and friendly atmosphere. It was a genuine home for my mum and the staff became her family. Without exception, they ‘go the extra mile’ and I will miss them all.

Amanda Innis, administrator at Ella McCambridge Residential Home responded to this review on 05 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your lovely response. We are so pleased that both yourself and your mum were happy with the care that she received at Ella McCambridge. She was a pleasure to have in our home and is sadly missed.

When we visited Ella McCambridge, it seemed the right place for our mum. The staff, many of whom have worked there for a lot of years, were all very friendly, cheerful, helpful and supportive and there was the added bonus of a little dog (Mitzy) living there which gave it a really homely, family feel. There is a large, secure garden at the back of the home with a 'bus stop' which is a great touch if your relative still believes they are working, as our mum did.

We know Mum is being cared for well and that her needs are met fully and appropriately. The environment is always clean, tidy and pleasant-smelling and the food menu is varied and appealing. The staff all seem to genuinely care about the people living there. No matter what day, or time of day, you call in, they always greet you happily and they always know where my mum is (she's a bit of a wanderer!). The staff were hugely supportive of us, as a family, at a very difficult time.

We would highly recommend Ella McCambridge.

Amanda Innis, office administrator at Ella McCambridge Residential Home responded to this review on 20 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased that both you and your family are happy that your Mum is settled and happy in her home.

Very satisfied with the care my mother is receiving at Ella McCambridge Residential Home. The staff are very approachable, friendly and informative.

I have nothing but praise for all the staff for the job they all do and their caring. First class.

When I ask my aunt how she feels, she is always very complimentary about the staff and the food. The home is clean and warm. Over the past 15 years, this is my third close relative to use this home. I recommend it because I think the residents are not just cared for they are cared about.

Overall this is an excellent care home.
As in all forms of life, some people do a better job than others.
I can honestly say this is a first class home.
I have no complaints. If possible please convey my thanks to the management and staff.

My husband has been a resident at Ella McCambridge Residential Home for three years. The care he receives is of the highest standard. The staff treat him with dignity and respect. He is consulted as to all of his needs even though his level of understanding is very low.
He is dependent of all his personal needs to be met by staff. I cannot praise them enough for the care given to my husband. They are very welcoming to family and relatives whenever they visit.

I think the staff treat me very well. Everything is handed to me on a plate. This is very true.

My aunt is cared for with exceptional care and understanding. These girls have done what no hospital could do. I insisted that my aunt was discharged, enabling staff at Ella to rehabilitate my aunt which they did do within weeks.
Great care, lovely staff and friendly.
I do not worry about my aunt.

Excellent care for my mother for the last 4 years. All the staff are very caring and can't do enough for my mam and the family.
The food and cleanliness is excellent.

Submit a Review for Ella McCambridge Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ella McCambridge Residential Home