St Aiden's Cottage

Auton Style, Bearpark, Durham DH7 7AA

Group: Careline Lifestyles UK Ltd

Person in charge: Emma Wade (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Eating Disorders • Mental Health Condition • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Substance Misuse • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £700 – £900 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact St Aiden's Cottage to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on St Aiden's Cottage: click here

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for St Aiden's Cottage is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for St Aiden's Cottage in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.788 for St Aiden's Cottage is calculated as follows: ( (26 Excellents x 5) + (7 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 33 Ratings = 4.788

The 3.866 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for St Aiden's Cottage is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.366

8.7 St Aiden's Cottage has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.654) from 3 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St Aiden's Cottage?

Reviewer Connection to St Aiden's Cottage

I just want to thank each and every one of the staff who looked after my Grandad for the year he was at St Aiden's Cottage. The staff were so amazing, professional, caring and helpful in every way possible. You all were so supportive with not only my Grandad but me and my family having to deal with my Grandad deteriorating.
The nurses always informed me of changes and kept me in the loop with all of my grandad's care. The staff that are at this home are fantastic and I could not fault a thing. Absolutely amazing people and I will be forever in your debt for looking after my Grandad. He was safe and well cared for. I can’t thank you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend St Aiden's Cottage? Extremely Likely

My friend was here for about a year. He was so well looked after by staff who were compassionate and caring. Whenever we visited we were made welcome which made the visit easier for us. Please carry on caring for people with difficulties the way you already do.

How likely would you be to recommend St Aiden's Cottage? Extremely Likely

The care, compassion and love my father received here from every member of staff was outstanding. I spent his last few days with him and they not only cared for him but gave both myself and my family reassurance that he was not in pain and they made him as comfortable as possible. When he died, every member of staff were genuinely upset, however, were still very professional and they supported and helped us also.
A huge pat on the back to you all. Each and every one of you deserves a massive pay rise for what you all do. It shows that you all do this job because you are all kind, caring and loving people.
Thanks again for looking after my dad this past year and treating him well.

Submit a Review for St Aiden's Cottage

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for St Aiden's Cottage

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Aiden's Cottage