Little Holland Hall

Frinton Road, Holland-on-Sea, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 5SS

Little Holland Hall, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex

Little Holland Hall is a versatile care facility with a wide range of expertise, welcoming residential and nursing requirements, with accommodation available to those with physical disabilities and with palliative care also practiced effectively.

The home offers residents a spacious and well-furnished interior, with 24/7 access to carers and a great deal of personal freedom within the facility and community pursuits.

Most of Little Holland Hall's 41 bedrooms are en suite, with good wheelchair access and many visiting health professionals ensuring that care packages can be updated by GPs for any medical developments.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Deborah Rich (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Little Holland Hall: click here

9.7 Little Holland Hall has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.652)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Little Holland Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Little Holland Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.798 for Little Holland Hall is calculated as follows: ( (141 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 173 Ratings = 4.798

The 4.854 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Little Holland Hall is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.854

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Little Holland Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Little Holland Hall

• Aunt of Resident/Service User

My mother was discharged from hospital into palliative end of life care in January, to Little Holland Hall. At that time her life expectancy was 4-6 weeks and she was refusing solid or liquid nutrients. After some weeks of further deterioration, her condition stabilised and she started to accept liquid nutrients and even small amounts of solid food. Unfortunately, her dementia has advanced but she remains stable and comfortable (although fading). I attribute her continued existence to the wonderful care and kindness she has received since her arrival at Little Holland Hall and the wonderful carers who have made her feel very comfortable and dignified at all times. I cannot thank Little Holland Hall enough for extending my mother's time with us.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

I would love to say that the care my lovely dear wife received was excellent and also the support for me was very good as well. So from the bottom of my heart on behalf of me and my family, I would like to say a big heartfelt thank you for all of the care and support you gave all of us.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Likely

Little Holland Hall looked after my mother extremely well for two and a half years, she was always clean and washed and presentable, and the staff interacted with her very well.
They also always informed me of any medical changes that my mother required and we could look at any information without hesitation.
I would recommend anyone to go to Little Holland Hall.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

The staff at Holland Hall are the most caring and compassionate to patients and families. I sadly am unable to get to see my niece as often as I would like to through my own health problems but the ensure that I am kept informed of her condition when they feel I need to know
Her room is beautiful and comfortable and keep her clean and comfortable and attend to her with her very complexed needs.
A big thank you all for giving my niece the care she so deserves and would if she could talk and react to you would say thank you which I do on her behalf from the bottom of my heart
I can not praise you all enough

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Fantastic from the nurses to staff, always very helpful. Made the experience more pleasant for me.
Compared to others, this place is like home!

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Although my mother was only a resident here for a short while I cannot fault the care and support provided - not only to my mother but also to myself - by every member of staff. We were welcomed with a cheery smile and hello every time we visited and nothing was too much trouble. They really care.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Our mother has been resident for a few months now. Her health has improved immensely since being here. The staff are extremely caring and professional We have the luxury of a worry free life due to our confidence in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Mum became a full-time resident this year and is extremely happy. The staff are friendly, helpful, respectful and attentive without being intrusive. This home is everything a resident home should be. The nursing staff are vigilant and keep Mum well looked after calling in medical attention when necessary. The entertainment is superb. It is a very well run home.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Having had a stroke, my mother was admitted to Little Holland Hall from Colchester General Hospital. As a family, we found the whole team worked really well together. Very, very helpful and always around when you needed them, no job was ever too much for them. They looked after and cared for my mother first class. My family and I were very impressed with the dignity and care they all showed her. We would like to thank them all and we would recommend Little Holland Hall 100%.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

My wife has been here for over two years now and has been looked after well. She seems happy even though she cannot speak to say so. I am here most days and I would have noticed any difference. The home is kept very clean and tidy. Top marks for the laundry for getting clothes back in time. Could do with more staff as I feel they are often under pressure to get things done.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Little Holland Hall responded to this review on 12 Oct 2016:

Thank you, Albert, for your comments, we are really pleased that you are satisfied with the care your wife receives at Little Holland Hall and with the standard of the home. With regards to the staffing levels, as we have discussed a full dependency analysis is carried out for each resident, which is then used to plan staff deployment accordingly to make sure care is safe and appropriate for all residents at the home, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. We do take your concerns and feedback seriously and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views.

My family and I wrote to Little Holland Hall following the recent death of my mother - these words are from our 'Thank You' card:
With Thanks from the Family of our mother - To: ALL Staff at Little Holland Hall Care Home
My mother was very poorly when she arrived at your Care Home but you helped her to rally and regain her strength.
Sadly, she succumbed to her illness and passed away in August.
While her stay at Little Holland Hall was brief, it proved to be so lucky for her and her family as it introduced us to Care UK’s excellent level of care and attention. Staff at Little Holland Hall were excellent throughout her stay and we wanted to express our gratitude to ALL the staff. You set her on the road to a brief recovery that meant we could prepare ourselves for the inevitable while seeing her regain something of her old self as her condition stabilised for a while.
We didn’t realise, at the time, how lucky we were – but we do now.
Many thanks to you all.
On behalf of her family

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

Although my beloved partner was taken in for '24 hour care' at Little Holland Hall for a short period of time, I found that the overall standard and support of staff (male and female) and management was 'second to none'. My partner was treated with the utmost dignity, friendly, cheerful TLC, one would hope to find in such circumstances. My own experience from my daily visits, was that my partner passed away peacefully and that I was able to be by his side. I was also afforded the same comfort and support from staff and management alike.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Likely

The review reflects what my sister has told me many times over the last 9 years. Her room (to which she was virtually confined due to her condition) was her "new home". She never failed to praise the staff "they are always polite, cheerful and very friendly".
The same applied when talking of the volunteers that help so much. She said that she enjoyed the meals - although she asked 'supper' could have been a bit later.
She applauded the facilities with which any request was treated, and rarely failed to remark on how clean everything was kept. Altogether, her protracted stay has been a happy one. Thank you all!

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Extremely Unlikely

I have been very impressed by the real care provided, both practical and emotional. She is treated with respect by staff at all times. They are prepared to give time to encourage her to accept care when she is reluctant say to have her hair washed 20 minutes of encouragement to get her to be happy to have her hair washed (10mins!), the staff do not ignore of go against her wishes, but have found workarounds. Other examples are their encouragement has meant she eats mores than she says she will and has put weight on steadily despite her facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Little Holland Hall? Likely

I live in Liverpool a distance from my mother who did reside at Clacton on Sea. My only contact with Little Holland Hall care home has been by telephone in order to speak with my mother on a regular basis to enquire on her progress. Every time that I have made contact with the care home, I have been treated efficiently with care and understanding and obviously, my mother mentions her care.

Submit a Review for Little Holland Hall

December 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Little Holland Hall