Peel House Home

Woodcote Lane, Fareham PO14 1AY

Owner: Chilworth Care Ltd

Person in charge: Valezina Bagwell-Purefoy (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Head/Brain Injury

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, Polish

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £555 – £650 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) up to £560 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Peel House Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Peel House Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Peel House Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Peel House Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.767 for Peel House Home is calculated as follows: ( (48 Excellents x 5) + (10 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.767

The 4.135 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Peel House Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target = 0.385

8.9 Peel House Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.902) from 5 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Peel House Home?

Reviewer Connection to Peel House Home

My wife was admitted three months ago and settled in straight away. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly and to get to know the patient and their families. Always a cheerful wave and hello when we arrive. My wife's sister came down from Leominster and noticed how much better she looked from her visit six months ago. Food is excellent and if required, a member of staff will help my wife with her food. I am so pleased, as it would have been impossible for me to look after her, I can't thank the home enough. I would not hesitate to recommend this home for their relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Peel House Home? Extremely Likely

I am writing this review on behalf of my mother and myself. In January this year, my father was admitted to Peel House for respite care due to having been severely ill for some weeks. It is no exaggeration to say that the staff at Peel House saved my father's life, encouraging him to eat and mobilise again and he is now home.
The care that Peel House staff provided was excellent and their attitude respectful, with them doing everything that they could to maintain my father's dignity whilst supporting and encouraging him to regain his strength and health. My mother and myself were always made welcome, with my mother being kept up to date on all information relating to my father's care and progress. My mother and I would not hesitate to recommend Peel House to anyone who needs, or has a loved one who needs, respite or ongoing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Peel House Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident here for four and a half years. I could visit at all times of the day or night and was made welcome. The Home has a good atmosphere and the staff treat patients and family calmly and with respect at all times. I never saw my Mother in anything but her own clothes and she was always clean and well presented which was important to her self-esteem. I have the greatest regard for all the team looking after confused people at the end of their lives when they need love and comfort in a safe environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Peel House Home? Extremely Likely

My Mother was admitted to Peel House during March 2016 for end of life nursing care, we could not have asked for a more caring organisation from the caring staff to the management every step of the way was professional. We were always notified of any changes to her condition and medication, and always made welcome when visiting and treated respectfully. My Mother died during August 2017 she was treated with the care and dignity she deserved.

How likely would you be to recommend Peel House Home? Extremely Likely

The care and care workers in the home are outstanding could not fault the care my husband and I received when I visited. It's a caring warm environment. They are very friendly and also kept me informed if my husband was not well and needed a doctor. We would recommend this home to anyone that will need these facilities.

Submit a Review for Peel House Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Peel House Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Peel House Home