Weston House

Weston Road, Stafford ST16 3TF

Weston House is part of the MHA group and provides a safe and happy home for people living with dementia who also have nursing care needs. The highly-trained members of staff are committed to providing residents with care tailored to their individual mental and physical health requirements, 24 hours a day.

Residents are supported in doing the things they enjoy most, be it spending time alone or socialising with friends and loved ones. The home offers a range of social events to combat boredom and loneliness and has landscaped gardens which are ideal for keen gardeners.

Meals are freshly cooked by the home’s chef and any dietary requirements can be catered for. Refreshments are available throughout the day for both residents and their visitors.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Weston House: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Weston House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Weston House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.889 for Weston House is calculated as follows: ( (129 Excellents x 5) + (14 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.889

The 4.625 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Weston House is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target = 0.625

9.5 Weston House has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.514) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Weston House?

Reviewer Connection to Weston House

• Father of Resident/Service User

My husband has been a resident at Weston House for nearly three years. I have always found the staff to be very caring to both the residents and their families.
Everyone from the manager, nurses, domestic staff and kitchen staff are polite, friendly and helpful.
The home is always very clean including the resident's bedrooms and bathrooms.
The food is excellent and the residents have plenty of choices. My husband seemed settled from the first day of admission and as far as I can tell is happy at the home.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a home for their relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 23 Aug 2017:

Thank you for telling us about the excellent care and support your husband receives at Weston house. I am pleased to find that our team is very caring, polite, friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to the team.

Wonderful food and a chance to eat if asleep, when one meal is served.

Treated very well. Family atmosphere. Feel she is safe and immaculate.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 31 Jul 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us what you feel about the care at Weston House. It is great to hear that you find our home to have a family atmosphere.

Loved the look (no smell) clean, calm. Those able to eat with relatives at lunch - nice for residents to join at table with them. Food is really excellent and often. If a resident is fast asleep they are given something when they are ready. The room is clean and much larger than I imagined and en-suite. Staff are on the ball to each resident's feeding needs. This is a massive relief and they are so kind and patient with residents. I stay for the entertainment. They all enjoy the carers dance which is quite magical at times. You feel they are safe and you are able to leave them until next visit. Nursing staff excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 28 Jul 2017:

Thank you for telling us about the excellent care and support at Weston House. I am also pleased to hear how much the activities at the home mean to everyone.

My husband has been in Weston House for less than a month. He has settled in very well. He is very active and does not sleep a lot but the staff are wonderful. I have no issues with the care he is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

I am so pleased to hear that your Husband is settling in well at Weston House. Your comments on the care and support that the team provides are very much appreciated, thank you.

Weston House is a lovely home from home. It's clean, the care staff outwardly show their care, respect and dignity for the residents. It's safe with lots of activities. The site is lovely with gardens and chickens. My dad has settled really well and is enjoying being there.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Thank you for the great review of the care and support your Dad receives at Weston House. It is lovely to hear how highly you think of our team and I'm sure they will be very pleased to hear your comments.

Our daughter has been in Weston House, Stafford for over 2 years. Her treatment by all concerned has been exemplary in every way. She has 'Downs Syndrome', is 47 years old and has dementia. I believe she is the first person with 'Downs' they have looked after, and they have been first class in the care and understanding of all our daughter's needs: medically, emotionally and with great dignity. All their excellent work reflects on my wife and myself. We have complete trust that she is being cared for in a homely and understanding environment. Any issues are dealt with as soon as possible. We are able to discuss all matters with all the staff. Complete confidence.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your wonderful review of the care and support your daughter receives at Weston House. It is great to hear how you and your wife have trust in the team. Describing the care as “first class” is indeed an accolade, one all of the staff at Weston House will be delighted to hear. Thank you once again.

When I came to Weston House with my husband I found the staff to be very professional and kind. I was immediately put at ease and knew I would be happy leaving my husband in there care.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 28 Mar 2017:

Thank you for the lovely review you have written about your Husband's time at Weston/Queensway, what better accolade can there be than that you felt comfortable leaving him in our care.

This home is a well laid out home which is run very efficiently with caring staff.
The home is very clean and well maintained.
It is lightly lit and very welcoming as soon as you step inside.
The manager is wonderful and her staff throughout are very helpful and caring.
The residents are clean, tidy and well fed and cared for.
Hygiene is priority number one throughout.
The residents' bedrooms are clean and tidy.
The housekeeping is excellent too.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

Thank you for the great review of the care and support your Husband receives at Weston House. It is lovely to hear how highly you think of our team and I'm sure they will be very pleased to hear your comments.

On my first visit to Weston House, I was struck by the feeling of warmth and in particular, calmness of the home. This together with the open plan geography of the house groups allowing my mother to "people watch" persuaded me that this was a home suitable for my mother. Too many homes I had looked at were understaffed leading to chaotic working practices where care staff were required to turn their hands to other duties leaving residents at risk. No such practice at Weston with sufficient numbers of staff with designated roles leaving nursing and care staff to give their time to residents. They are always visible to both residents and relatives and quality of care second to none, and always with a smile. Their dedicated care has lead to a marked improvement in my mother's happiness. I feel very fortunate that they were able to take my mother "at" the time they did.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 31 Oct 2016:

I am so pleased that your Mother was able to come and live with us at Weston House. Your comments on the care and support that the team provide are very much appreciated, thank you.

My first impression of Weston House Care Home was very good. When I walked through the door there was a beautiful flower display on the table and another small table with thought provoking items placed there by the chaplains. What further impressed me (and still does today) is that there were no nasty smells!! I was taken to the House group where my husband would be accommodated and it was light - very clean and the staff very friendly. His bedroom and en-suite were lovely. New carpet and freshly painted walls. My husband has been at Weston House Care Home for two years and I could not be happier with his care.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

My elderly mother moved to Weston House, as nursing care was required full-time, within a couple of weeks mum had settled well and was eating 3 meals a day. Mum does get confused, anxious and upset, the members of all the staff, carers, kitchen, cleaning, office and laundry are all friendly, cheerful and happy. All residents are clean and cared for all day, every day.
The atmosphere is always pleasant, all staff go out of their way to be helpful and kind. It's a comfort to know mum is being cared for by such nice people.

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how well your Mother is cared for at Weston Queensway, it is great to hear that she is so settled and eating well. Our team work very hard to ensure that everyone feels welcome and they will be delighted to hear that you find them so friendly, happy and kind.

My sister was transferred to Weston & Queensway House from another nursing home which provided general nursing care. Unfortunately, despite being my sisters personal choice, this home was inappropriate as it could not offer care for advanced Dementia patients.
During the last few months (at the previous nursing home) my sister had gradually become aggressive, abusive and had increasingly refused food and liquids. She was therefore in an extremely poor state of health on arrival at Weston & Queensway House.
The recovery of her health, weight and demeanor has astonished her family and friends. Not only does she eat everything put in front of her, she is always 'out of bed', smiling and talking! This has to be attributed to the outstanding attitude and patience of all staff.
I very rarely award top marks in any survey I undertake, however I have chosen to give Weston & Queensway House top marks - because they deserve it!

How likely would you be to recommend Weston House? Extremely Likely

Debora Moseley, Home Manager at Weston House responded to this review on 04 May 2016:

Thank you for telling us about the care and support that your Sister has received since moving to Weston/Queensway. I am pleased to hear that her health and wellbeing have greatly improved and that you are able to have a fulfilled visit with her new found communication with you all. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the staff team.

Submit a Review for Weston House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Weston House