Chapel Lodge, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Chapel Lodge is a sixty-three bedroom Sheffield care facility, owned by Roseberry Care Centres, that offers personalised care packages.

The home's skilled team of staff can take on a variety of nursing requirements, while also helping local home carers with a respite service.

The health and nutrition of residents are an important part of the service which is why Chapel Lodge residents have access to numerous activities and a flexible food menu.

Group: Roseberry Care Centres UK Ltd

Person in charge: Julie Afsar (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sheffield City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 63 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Chapel Lodge: click here

8.7 Chapel Lodge has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.704)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Chapel Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 3.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Chapel Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 3.91 for Chapel Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (39 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (46 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 3.91

The 4.794 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Chapel Lodge is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.6 positive Reviews (63 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 12.6 Target = 0.794

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Chapel Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Chapel Lodge

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

Staff very friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Likely

As I hate living by myself now I go to visit my husband quite often and have been made welcome by everyone and he seems pleased, although his food is liquidised and doesn't look pretty, he seems to enjoy it and eats well.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Likely

Mum was moved into Chapel Lodge Nursing Home in August 2017 after living for 13 years in a residential home as her needs required her to have 24hr nursing care.
As she is 95 years old and has Alzheimer's.
I was very worried about moving her but she was welcomed at Chapel Lodge from day one has excellent 24hr nursing care and all the staff are very friendly and caring and treat her with the utmost dignity and respect. The family and friends are welcomed at any time and I am totally happy and content with her move.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum was only here to be assessed for a short time.

Everyone very nice but doesn't seem to be enough staff. They have all been very nice to mum. On the downside, information about mum is very little. The hearing aid has been lost after only a few days of being there. They didn't know she wore one. So no or very little hearing and partially sighted has had a big impact on mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Likely

The care for my mum at Chapel Lodge has been very good from the very first introduction to the care home. My mum has always had her needs taken care of and although mum has dementia and has this has progressed the level of care has been adjusted to suit.

The food/meals are of a good standard.

As a family, we find visiting is relaxed and we are made to feel welcome.

Overall, we are happy with the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Extremely Likely

Nothing to review, only they are left in the lounge a lot of the time.

Value for Money: Poor

On the times we have had to approach the management, out concerns (not complaints) have been listened to and acted upon. Staffing is very much in short supply, especially at night times but no complaints about the staff that are there.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Likely

In twenty years of visiting family and friends in care homes, I find Chapel Lodge to be the typical. Some staff are friendly and caring, others just there to do a job. I know there have been changes in the 9 months my mother has been there and she finds the turnover in care staff unsettling. I note the best CQC report has 4 out of 5 domains needing improvement and I hope the current management will implement improvements. I am not happy with the removal of carpet in the lounge, it feels more like a visiting room since the wooden floor was installed and that seems to be a perpetual shortage of tables in there for the residents to put their drinks. There were questions about staffing at the last public meeting and it seems to me, visiting usually three times a week that some days have adequate staff cover while others seem to have a shortage of carers. Overall impression, satisfactory but could be improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I don't feel I can give a full review of services at this care home. My uncle is a newly admitted resident still settling into the home. At the moment service is satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Likely

My husband has settled in very well and is very comfortable here. He gets on well with the carers in the day but has had run-ins with the night staff.

However, the manager put things right straight away and now he is very happy. I love them all and they all love my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Extremely Likely

A warm and friendly place. Staff are helpful and friendly. The home is clean and smells nice. Not hard to find staff when required. Management good.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father spent the last 15 months of his life at Chapel Lodge. He was totally incapacitated by advanced Parkinson's Disease and CPD. He was still fiercely independent and had a strong dislike of carers. However Chapel Lodge was different. The amazing staff welcomed my dad, cared for him and spent time chatting to him. He was happy and well cared for and was always treated with dignity and respect. He thought a lot about the staff looking after him especially his key worker who was like a new family member. Chapel Lodge became home from home.

Submit a Review for Chapel Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chapel Lodge

Elaine Lewis

Job Title: Care Centre Manager

Joined: 2012

I am a Registered General Nurse and also recently achieved a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care for Children and Young People’s Services. I have been a manager in other care settings and before joining Chapel Lodge I was managing a large care centre in Doncaster where I live.

I joined Chapel Lodge in October 2012 and being in the role has given me so much, as no two days are ever alike. One day I can be at a hospital seeing potential new residents, on other days I can be at my desk doing the necessary paperwork. Other times I am attending meetings and then, of course, I really enjoy the times I get to spend on the floor with our residents.

My key priority is to ensure that Safety and Quality are embedded in all we do and I have introduced additional training and supervision to ensure we achieve this making Chapel Lodge a Care Centre staff are proud to be a part of.

I operate an open door policy so residents and relatives are always welcome to come in for a cup of tea and a chat.

Kath Stork

Job Title: Acitivities Coordinator

I started as a carer in 2003 up to 2007 and then I decided to be an Activities Co-ordinator. I have bonded with a lot of residents and relatives in past and still going strong today.
I have now got a new staff colleague on my team called Annis who I get a lot of respect from. No two days are the same which is what I like and I would not change a thing about my job here.
I still make my residents laugh and as long as my residents are still laughing I will stay.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chapel Lodge