Chapel Lodge, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Chapel Lodge is a sixty-three bedroom Sheffield care facility, owned by Roseberry Care Centres, that offers personalised care packages.

The home's skilled team of staff can take on a variety of nursing requirements, while also helping local home carers with a respite service.

The health and nutrition of residents are an important part of the service which is why Chapel Lodge residents have access to numerous activities and a flexible food menu.

Group: Roseberry Care Centres UK Ltd

Person in charge: Julie Afsar (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sheffield City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 63 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Chapel Lodge: click here

7.5 Chapel Lodge has a Review Score of 7.5 (7.454)

The Review Score of 7.5 (maximum of 10) for Chapel Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 2 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Chapel Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.375 for Chapel Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (11 Excellents x 5) + (11 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 24 Ratings = 4.375

The 3.079 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Chapel Lodge is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 12.6 positive Reviews (63 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 12.6 Target = 0.079

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Chapel Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Chapel Lodge

A warm and friendly place. Staff are helpful and friendly. The home is clean and smells nice. Not hard to find staff when required. Management good.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father spent the last 15 months of his life at Chapel Lodge. He was totally incapacitated by advanced Parkinson's Disease and CPD. He was still fiercely independent and had a strong dislike of carers. However Chapel Lodge was different. The amazing staff welcomed my dad, cared for him and spent time chatting to him. He was happy and well cared for and was always treated with dignity and respect. He thought a lot about the staff looking after him especially his key worker who was like a new family member. Chapel Lodge became home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Lodge? Extremely Likely

Submit a Review for Chapel Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chapel Lodge

Elaine Lewis

Job Title: Care Centre Manager

Joined: 2012

I am a Registered General Nurse and also recently achieved a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care for Children and Young People’s Services. I have been a manager in other care settings and before joining Chapel Lodge I was managing a large care centre in Doncaster where I live.

I joined Chapel Lodge in October 2012 and being in the role has given me so much, as no two days are ever alike. One day I can be at a hospital seeing potential new residents, on other days I can be at my desk doing the necessary paperwork. Other times I am attending meetings and then, of course, I really enjoy the times I get to spend on the floor with our residents.

My key priority is to ensure that Safety and Quality are embedded in all we do and I have introduced additional training and supervision to ensure we achieve this making Chapel Lodge a Care Centre staff are proud to be a part of.

I operate an open door policy so residents and relatives are always welcome to come in for a cup of tea and a chat.

Kath Stork

Job Title: Acitivities Coordinator

I started as a carer in 2003 up to 2007 and then I decided to be an Activities Co-ordinator. I have bonded with a lot of residents and relatives in past and still going strong today.
I have now got a new staff colleague on my team called Annis who I get a lot of respect from. No two days are the same which is what I like and I would not change a thing about my job here.
I still make my residents laugh and as long as my residents are still laughing I will stay.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chapel Lodge