Pen-y-Bryn

26 Sketty Park Road, Sketty, Swansea SA2 9AS

Owner: Care Centres Wales Ltd

Person in charge: Steven Clark (Director)

Local Authority / Social Services: Swansea City and County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £385 – £500 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £375 – £450 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Pen-y-Bryn to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales* Report on Pen-y-Bryn: click here

* Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Pen-y-Bryn is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Pen-y-Bryn in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.967 for Pen-y-Bryn is calculated as follows: ( (58 Excellents x 5) + (2 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.967

The 4.238 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Pen-y-Bryn is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.488

9.2 Pen-y-Bryn has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.205) from 5 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Pen-y-Bryn?

Reviewer Connection to Pen-y-Bryn

My mother was a resident of Pen-Y-Bryn for nearly ten years.
I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to all the wonderful staff who cared for her during her life there.
At all times she was treated with love and respect.

Steven CLARK, Manager at Pen-y-Bryn responded to this review on 17 May 2018:

Hi Susan, Firstly please accept our condolences for the recent loss of your Mum; her passing was upsetting for the team that would have cared for her over the years. Secondly, thank you for your kind comments which I will pass on to the team. Take care and kind regards.

I cannot praise the staff of Pen-y-Bryn highly enough. The last seven months of my mother's life were spent in a warm, clean and loving environment. Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were very professional, as is the management of the home. The care and support helped to ensure that she achieved her ambition of being the first member of our family to live to the remarkable age of 100. Thank you to everyone.

Steven Clark, Manager at Pen-y-Bryn responded to this review on 17 Apr 2018:

Thank you Richard for your kind words. I will pass your comments onto the team. Kind Regards.

My 91-year-old mum has been a resident at Pen-y-Bryn for nearly 9 years. My family is very pleased with the care my mum receives. All the staff are very warm, friendly and professional and the home is managed very well. We are welcome visitors at any time, the home always appears and smells clean, food is great and our mum's gluten-free needs are looked after and they have regular activities for enjoyment and stimulation. We have no hesitation in recommending Pen-y-Bryn to other families looking for a caring home for a relative.

Steven Clark, Director at Pen-y-Bryn responded to this review on 09 Feb 2018:

Thank you Chris for your kind words which I will pass on to the staff. Kind regards.

I cannot praise Pen-y-Bryn enough, the care and love they showed my mum was incredible. Apart from being spotlessly clean, the residents clearly clean and well cared for the atmosphere is always happy, the staff always smiling no matter what time you visit. It is clear they truly care for the elderly and show them love and respect. It is run with incredible efficiency but still manages to be a happy loving place. In my mums last days, the love and compassion shown to my mum, myself and my family was amazing. I cannot praise Pen-y-Bryn enough and can only thank them for everything they did above and beyond their duties.

Steven Clark, Director at Pen-y-Bryn responded to this review on 06 Jul 2017:

Thank you so much Christine for your kind words and please accept our condolences for the recent loss of your Mum.

My lovely Aunty has been at Penybryn for a few months. We are overwhelmed with the care she receives there. The staff members whom we have encountered have been absolutely wonderful. The home is spotless and no stale urine aroma ever. The residents are all happy and clean. There is a really warm atmosphere there. If I ended up there in my 90s I would be quite content!

Submit a Review for Pen-y-Bryn

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Pen-y-Bryn

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pen-y-Bryn