Owner: The Bay Nursing Home

Person in charge: Kirsty Jones (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gwynedd County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales* Report on The Bay Nursing Home: click here

* Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

8.8 The Bay Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.844)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for The Bay Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Bay Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.844 for The Bay Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (85 Excellents x 5) + (7 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 96 Ratings = 4.844

The 4 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Bay Nursing Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 6 Target = 0.500

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Bay Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Bay Nursing Home

• Stepdaughter of Resident/Service User

My Mother arrived just a short time ago, although I have my Mother-in-law residing at The Bay for the last 7 years. My Mother's transition was done very fast and she has settled in well. The Bay has various lounges which are very nice and there has been a lot of effort in making the clients home lovely. I am learning the staff's names but find them to be very friendly and kind. My interest is to be that both my Mother and Mother-in-law are cared for and are happy, as much as they can be in their health with dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The Bay is a fantastic home care is exceptional. The love and warmth that is felt as soon as you enter from all the staff and management is remarkable.
The choice of different rooms is wonderful with a bar area, 1950's lounge and soon to be cinema room is a brilliant idea. As I walked round I could see how happy all the service users were.
The Bay looked beautiful with all it's decorations up and it;s nativity scene.
All I can say is what a wonderful place to be if you are an elderly person looked after, loved and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I went back to see my friend at The Bay having been there in the summer and this place just gets better and better I wonder what they will think of next. The Xmas decorations are amazing with a tree in every room. There was a pub !! with optics on the wall and cold drinks in the fridge. A post office has been set up where my friend could buy cards and stamps. Some of the ladies had made fudge and gingerbread houses and there was a life-size nativity scene. I shall be taking the grandchildren to their Santas grotto and carol singing evening in a few days time. The place was a hive of activity with staff everywhere. I was offered an Irish coffee and yule log . There is piped music to all areas and my friend has been shown how to Skype and Facebook to keep in touch with his family . I was even offered Christmas lunch to be cooked by their new chef !! Everyone should go and experience this home for themselves. Remarkable !!

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The service is first class with the staff who are always read to help me out. The food is as good as I have ever had with plenty of choice. I find that it has been the right move to come to this home. The manager is always available to listen to me.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I regularly visit my friend at The Bay. On this occasion I happened to visit on the day they were holding a summer fair and I was very impressed indeed. The home always has a very welcoming and warm feeling, spotlessly clean and the staff always polite and kind. Everyone constantly smiling and obviously happy in their work this was reflected in the residents too.
It was so nice to see some of the residents outside enjoying the many stalls they had, and so many visitors. This was my first visit since they completed their 1950's lounge which I believe aids with memories etc., the room is marvellous with retro wall paper that I remember my aunt having even the flying ducks on the wall.
My friend thoroughly enjoyed a burger from the barbecue and even won a prize on the hook a duck.
Its so nice and reassuring to walk into a nursing home like this most certainly a home from home and a credit to the staff, we definitely need many more homes like this around the country.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

On the day of my visit I was extremely pleased to see that my father was very happy, he was watching the football with a member of staff and they were having a fun time. The home is kept immaculate it always has a lovely atmosphere with very friendly staff and they are so caring. The home always smells lovely the bedrooms are extremely nice. At the time of my visit a member of staff bought out the trolley with afternoon tea and cakes we all had a drink and a cake. They were homemade Welsh cakes and I must say they were better than you can buy in the shops. I would certainly recommend this home to anyone considering a care home as the manager is so caring, the staff are really caring and you can see that they treat everyone as if they were there own family. Everyone is so happy, there is always music playing in the background. It is like being at home. What a wonderful home, I couldn't wish for anything nicer for my father and it's so nice to see him so happy and content well done The Bay.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I visited my family member here and it was a pleasure to go, he was in conversation with a carer when I arrived and was smiling broadly.
The home smelt lovely always a good sign.
There was an activities board with all that was going on.
A record player had been put on with old music and a lady was really listening to it with another carer singing with her.
Lunch came and it smelt and looked like a home roast I would cook.
In the afternoon a chef came from the local hotel to do bread making and all the ladies and some of the men had a go at kneading the dough.
I can't explain what a lovely atmosphere there was and residents were getting lots of cuddles too !!
a client who was distressed sat near us so the nurse could hold her hand throughout (nearly three quarters of an hour ) and she fell asleep. We had been asked if this was ok and it was so nice to see.
I can't recommend this home enough people should see what real care is .
Please go and see it.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I arrived on 11 July, for the ceremony which took place five days later. From the moment I arrived I had nothing but courteous professional attention. I was born in Tredegar and was taught Welsh in the first year of secondary school, but that was in the late 60s therefore by the time I arrived at Y Bae I had forgotten 90% of what I had learned. The staff addressed me in English, but were very helpful in helping me rekindle my linguistic roots.

The weather, beyond your control, was foul for the first three days of my visit, but I did manage to visit the seafront. It was a shame I didn’t have time to experience the local heritage steam railway, but that was more than made up for by the staff, I do not want to single out any individual, but the catering was excellent, even breakfast was cooked to my specific requests.

The only reason I would not choose Y Bae for future respite is purely a seven-hour drive required; however, should my daughter choose to do a postgrad course at Aberystwyth, then I would certainly look forward to renewing my acquaintance with what is undoubtedly a fine care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Bay Nursing Home? Don't know

Submit a Review for The Bay Nursing Home

Top 20 Care Homes Wales 2017

Recipient: The Bay Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Bay Nursing Home