Highlands Care Home

La Rue du Froid Vent, St Saviour, Jersey JE2 7LJ

Highlands Luxury residential care home is situated in a peaceful setting with spacious lawns and gardens in the residential area of St Saviour.

The home provides nursing, residential, and palliative care.

The home offers 24 hour care in high quality, luxury apartments, providing support and dignity with the convenience and comforts of home.

Residents have their own apartments within the home. Communal areas include a large lounge with flat screen TV and a smaller quieter lounge.

Residents can enjoy traditional home cooking using fresh produce and socialise with others whilst dining and special diets can be catered for.

The home is attended by a qualified chiropodist and hair stylist. Complementary therapies can be arranged if required.

Residents and relatives are encouraged to make suggestions to the activities coordinator, who manages a busy schedule of events.

Regular transport is provided to and from St Helier.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Merissa Kenny (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Jersey Social Services (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 27 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Portuguese

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

* States of Jersey Health and Social Services Department is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Jersey.

There are currently no reviews for Highlands Care Home

Submit a Review for Highlands Care Home

Recipient: brighterkind

June 2017

Recipient: brighterkind

Merissa Kenny

Why did you decide to join brighterkind?

I was attracted to the values and team investment from the company.

What one thing do you enjoy most about your job?

Seeing my residents faces every morning when I come into work and knowing that I support positive change in their lives.

Are you a nurse?

Yes, a registered mental health nurse.

Key qualifications and experience:

I have 28 years experience in managing drugs, alcohol and mental health services. Business and contracting experience, competitive tender experience.

What was a defining moment for you?

My interview at Highlands – I knew that was where I wanted to be.

Experience – what is your background?

Following stints in banking and waitressing I have nursed since I was 18 years old.

I am passionate about…

Knitting, cats and mindfulness.

What do you feel is your biggest achievement?

Winning a ten million pound contract on behalf of the NHS for the second time in a row at a time when only 1% of business was awarded to NHS – the only manager to do this at the time.

My favourite brighterkind value from our five values of Keep it simple, Do it from the heart, Make every moment matter, Sort it and Choose to be happy, is...

Choose to be happy

Because…

This is related to CBT and mindfulness approaches – take a moment and we can always choose how we can respond / feel about the situation.

Contact details

To contact our home manager, Merissa Kenny, call 01534 511 400 or email Merissa.Kenny@brighterkind.com

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highlands Care Home