The Maltings Care Home, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

The Maltings Care Home, in Peterborough, specialises in both nursing and residential care packages, including the practice of dementia care, for which the skilled team are trained and experienced.

The home has built up its service by treating staff as their number one asset, investing in development and training, the benefits of which are then passed on to clients.

There is an open door policy that suits an active lifestyle and visiting loved ones.

Group: Peterborough Care Ltd

Person in charge: Eirlys Williams (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Peterborough City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Maltings Care Home: click here

posted 07 Nov 2017

We currently have two single en-suite rooms available. Please contact The Maltings for further information.

9.7 The Maltings Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.719)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for The Maltings Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Maltings Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.719 for The Maltings Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (102 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 139 Ratings = 4.719

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Maltings Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 1.000

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Maltings Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Maltings Care Home

My mum arrived in The Maltings in March after spending 3 months in a hospital. Wow, what a difference. We now have our mum back. She was really poorly and we didn't think she would ever get better. She is still ill and has problems but the staff and the care at The Maltings is faultless. My whole family agree with me. The food is superb there which also helps the residents. She has started to trust the carers in a way I didn't think she would.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has advanced Alzheimer's. She entered the care home on 7th July and almost immediately they had her dressed, out of her bedroom and partially feeding herself for the first time in over 20 months. I am most impressed by the caring nature and warmth from all the staff and can relax knowing she is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

Friendly and helpful staff.
The home environment is clean and well maintained.
Activities are arranged daily for residents to get involved in.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Likely

I accompanied my mother to The Maltings from hospital in October 2016. From the moment she was shown to her room on the nursing floor, mam was made so welcome by all the staff making sure she was comfortable and had something to eat and drink. I was impressed from the start and continued to be so until mam passed away in December 2016. All the staff treated her with great care, attention and patience during her stay. The nurses were always happy to talk to me about her progress either at visiting time or on the phone and kept me fully informed of her condition and medical treatment. In particular, the nurses at The Maltings were brilliant, constantly monitoring mam's pain to try and make her comfortable as possible right until the end. I am so grateful she spent her last months at The Maltings and I could not have asked for more. They all do an amazing job.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

My review covers the time my father has been in The Maltings as I haven't had anything happen in this time that I can pinpoint. My father has always had very good care since he's been in The Maltings. The nursing staff, down to the laundry staff have been exceptionally kind, caring and compassionate.
I can honestly say that when I've been away, that I know he's in good hands. If I have worries or concerns, the nursing and care staff are always there for me and listen with kindness and reassurance. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this care home to anyone. I've made some lovely friends in the home as well as some residents family as well.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very happy with all aspects of the home, accommodations, nursing care, meals and interaction with management.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

The Maltings Care Home is a purpose-built care home and so is very much better than converted old buildings. The rooms are lovely, bright and spacious. One of my friends has joined me here.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Likely

The Maltings Care Home is a very comfortable and friendly home. The rooms are large, comfortable and accessible. The garden is large, well kept and stocked with a large selection of herbaceous perennial plants. Parking is good and accessible. The care is excellent with a very caring and dedicated staff. My wife is very happy there and well looked after. The catering is very good thanks to the dedicated chef. The activities coordinator does an amazing job with plenty of things to do and visits are organised. My wife is very lucky to be in The Maltings Care Home and as her husband, I know she is getting the best available care. I have always been made to feel welcome and I am looked after by the carers when I visit which makes me feel at home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been a resident in The Maltings for over a year. The building is well planned it is purpose built and the rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The staff are kind and efficient and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Everybody says the food is good but as my husband has to have his food liquidised and I am not there at meal times I cannot give an honest opinion about this. There are frequent visits from entertainers which the residents appear to enjoy. I am glad that we chose The Maltings.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

Nothing but praise for all departments as close to "home" as ever it could be. Friendship and encouragement from everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

It was with some trepidation I made an impromptu visit to my Aunt who is resident at the Maltings Care Home. As a retired nurse myself with a wide experience of care/nursing homes, I was totally unprepared for what I found. Upon entering via a secure front door, my first impression was "no smells!" I know it's a fairly new building but it doesn't take long for the smells to permeate a place but there were none.
The greetings I received were genuinely pleasant and polite without being prissy and false. I was shown to my Aunts room rather than being directed, which I very much appreciated.
Upon entering the room, I was very impressed with the cleanliness and general standard of accommodation.
The staff were bright and friendly and seemed to be very happy in their work and happily assisted residents with their needs without any impatience or rushing them.
To conclude, I would just say that this is the first nursing/care home that I would be happy to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maltings Care Home? Extremely Likely

My 95 year old mother has dementia & has become increasingly frail over the last year. She became a resident at the Maltings in July 2014 & due to her health problems, she transferred to the nursing floor of the care home in January 2015. Because of her illness, her behaviour has become challenging at times but I have only ever seen my mother treated with kindness & respect for her dignity by all members of the staff. They are always cheerful & helpful & I & my family are so grateful for the care she is receiving

Submit a Review for The Maltings Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Maltings Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Maltings Care Home