Clare House

Doune Road, Dunblane FK15 9HR

Group: Consensus Support

Person in charge: Chris Allison (Service Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stirling Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 13 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Prader-Willi Syndrome

Admission Information: Ages from 18 to 65.

Facilities & Services: Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Clare House: click here

The Review Score of 5 (maximum of 10) for Clare House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Clare House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 0 out of 5 from 0 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 5 for Clare House is calculated as follows: ( (44 Excellents x 5) ) ÷ 44 Ratings = 5

The 0 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Clare House is based on 0 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 0 = 0

2. Target of 2.6 positive Reviews (13 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 0 Reviews ÷ 2.6 Target = 0

5 Clare House has a Review Score of 5 (5.000) from 4 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Clare House?

Reviewer Connection to Clare House

Clare House is the best place that I have lived in because it has helped me to lose weight because when I moved I was 24 stone but now I am 10 1/2. I felt better for it, the staff are very nice and helpful to me. Help me through my P.W.S - sometimes it's easy other times it's hard when I see food when I am out and about.

How likely would you be to recommend Clare House? Don't know

Clare House is a good place to live, people can still be independent here and it helps to lose weight. I like to go out places and go for walks and enjoy my key-worker days out. The food is good here. The staff are nice and do a lot with us.

How likely would you be to recommend Clare House? Extremely Likely

I have been at Clare House for 18 months and in my first year I have lost 7 stone. Clare House has helped me to do this. It is a nice place to live and all the staff are very nice people. I do lots of activities at Clare House including swimming club and football club, I really enjoy being here.

How likely would you be to recommend Clare House? Extremely Likely

Clare house is a house with PWS, it helps me with my weight and I get to do a lot of walking for my exercise which I love. I go to the enable club on a Friday night for a wee dance which I really enjoy. The staff are very good also. My room is nice and has lots of space for my keyboard, guitar and to dance to my wii. The food is excellent at Clare House.

Submit a Review for Clare House

February 2014

Top 20 Care Homes Scotland 2014

Recipient: Clare House

Date: Saturday 01 Feb 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Clare House