Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home, London, London

Cheverton Lodge Care Home is conveniently located in a quiet residential area of North London, within a short walking distance of Archway Tube station, Crouch End, and Highgate Village. The home is set in a beautiful landscaped garden with outdoor seating for residents & relatives to enjoy.

Staff are committed to providing quality services to residents by caring, competent, well trained staff in a homely atmosphere and their dedication can be seen accross the board – in their cooking, hospitality and organised activities for residents.

This team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of residents with a tailored care plan for each person.

Residents are encouraged to lead an active lifestyle in a welcoming and homely environment.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Judith Boikhutso (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Islington Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Multiple Sclerosis • Stroke

Admission Information: Not EMI.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, French, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home: click here

posted 02 Feb 2016

Residential and Nursing Elderly frail.

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home is based on 28 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.458 is made up of 4.458 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

It's quite comfortable living at Cheverton Lodge. One misses one's home of course, but I feel safe here.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home? Likely

It's quite pleasant here to live. I like a good biscuit and you get plenty of biscuits here. I like trying to pick the visiting dog up by the belly but I don't think she liked it! She's a lovely dog. I enjoy listening to the music from musical shows. I do enjoy a nice cup of tea here.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I have been here for about seven months now I like going to the meetings like when the children come to work with us. I really enjoy going outside on my scooter. Considering how many people they have to cook for the food is pretty good. We have three meals a day. The staff must work really hard. My wife comes to see me nearly everyday but sometimes I tell her not to come. I realise you have to keep your sense of humour in here, everyone in here are in different positions but generally everyone gets along. We also go on trips every two-three weeks.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Sometimes I do get a bit fed up that i'm not in my own home but its big here and you get well looked after. I cannot grumble at that. The staff work hard.

Its a pleasure really to live at Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home. The food is lovely.

The food is fine. It feels strange not being in my own home but I feel safe here.

Overall I feel it is a good experience living at Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home, I have my favourite newspaper delivered to me each day and friends can come and visit me.

Very good place to be. A very nice place and the staff are helpful and will go out of their way to please you. The Cheverton Lodge is lovely all round building and the garden is very nice too. Recommended.

I came to Cheventon lodge to see if it was a good home for me to stay at, I have been here four weeks now it is a very good home to be in, the staff are first class what ever you ask for is no problem and clean all round.This is a home well worth coming to it ticks all the boxes, well done to the management.
Many Thanks to the staff and everybody evolve at Cheventon lodge.

I have been happy with the level of care provided to my brother so far. I can see that staff are taking care of my brother which is a comfort in between visits.

Cheverton Lodge is a welcoming, well managed home with a warm and caring atmosphere and excellent support for residents. I can sincerely recommend it as a friend and frequent visitor.

I take school pupils to visit the Cheverton Lodge residents and we look forward to our twice weekly visits. The pupils are treated so well, refreshments and always with a smile. Eva the manageress is fantastic; she is brilliant with the pupils and the residents. An excellent example of the brilliant care and atmosphere, yesterday was Ray's 79th birthday; we had a birthday cake, candles, singing and laughter, wonderful.

The home offers excellent all round care for the resident which in turn gives relatives peace of mind.

This is a friendly care home. The staff always greet me with a smile.
They had an excellent, fun, summer BBQ where staff and residents enjoyed each others company.
I have always felt welcomed and I feel my cousin is being looked after by genuine, caring people. The garden is a wonderful escape.

wonderful care for over 10 years

My mum was in Cheverton for over 10 years, she died on the 28th August 2014, she was cared for by the wonderful team led by Mary Rabbitte and Ntombe, she loved them all, we always turned up unannounced and at different times of the day, she was always happy and clean, and we were greeted by the staff like friends which we feel they were.

The staff especially Sashi, Noena and Gemma have been excellent providers. The staff have too much work to co in the time allowed but they work very hard to get it done.

Very well run home that has made my mother-in-laws life comfortable.

A secure, safe, warm and friendly place in London town - a place to make friends, even in your 90s!

My Mother was a resident here from 2005-2006 sadly she passed away, but did so with great dignity and at peace all due to the wonderful care of the staff under the guidance/supervision of Mary Rabbit. General manager of Cheverton Lodge being a priest in New York USA, I have seen many homes but Cheverton Lodge exceeds all these. The residents are cared for with love and dignity.

I would recommend this home to anyone. Before dad went into this home I visited other homes and they were horrible. Thank god we found Cheverton Lodge. My father has been there for a few months now and settle. The staff are wonderful and work so hard. Nothing is too big for them to take on. I know I can walk in at anytime to see my father and always get a great welcome. Mary the manager has done a great job with this place and her team. I can go home and rest knowing dad is being looked after properly.
I felt we had won the lottery when we got a place at this home. I would recommend this home.

Five star care from five star staff. Dignity a byword for all care given to residents at all times. First rate, what more can I say?

My mum is well looked after, with dignity by a well-trained and caring staff and the management are always ready to listen. In all I'm at ease with my mums treatment when I'm not around.

He is very lucky to be in a lovely home.

Yes lovely home very friendly carers. Home is clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend Cheverton Lodge to anyone.

As you will see below I can't fault the home on anything.

My mother has been a resident at Cheverton Lodge for one year. She is bed bound but peaceful and comfortable in a light, sunny room. The care staff are attentive and diligent - they work very hard. Nursing staff are excellent. The home is very well run - any concerns are dealt with immediately. A welcoming and warm care home.

Cheverton Lodge is well-appointed in terms of decor and layout. All staff are helpful, doing a difficult job. Management/customer relations are excellent. The operation as a whole is efficient.

Cheverton Lodge is a very welcoming and clean nursing home. The room (for my mother) is quite small though very normal for a nursing home as opposed to a residential home. I would recommend Cheverton Lodge as a nursing home. The staff are warm, friendly and very caring.

Submit a Review for Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home

Senior Carer

£comp + free training + benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
London

Deputy Care Home Manager Registered Nurse

Competitive + Full Training CPD (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
London

Mary

Mary Rabbitte

I am the proud General Manager of the home and I have been at Cheverton for over 13 years. The most rewarding aspect of my role is supporting my team to deliver quality care to our residents.

Carla, Danel and Oonagh

Carla, Danel and Oonagh N/A

Job Title: Nursing Team

Carla, Danel and Oonagh are three of our friendly and passionate nurses who work hard to support the residents and families at Cheverton in every way they can. They work tightly with the care team to ensure we provide great care for our residents that can improve their well being and help towards their independence.

Dare and Francess

Dare and Francess N/A

Job Title: Housekeeping

Dare and Francess are two fantastic members of our housekeeping team who keep our home in perfect condition. They may work hard but they are never without a beaming smile.

Fred

Fred King

Job Title: Admin Assistant

Joined: 2003

Fred is our admin assistant and has been since 2003! He loves the interaction with residents and visitors as well as basketball in his free time!

Hannah and Iva

Hannah and Iva N/A

Job Title: Activities Team

Hannah and Iva are our activities team and are responsible for planning and undertaking a varied diary of activities and social events. All activities are planned to enrich the lives of our residents and offer as many fun opportunities as possible.

Ntombi

Ntombi Moshoeshoe

Job Title: Head of Unit

Ntombi is a senior sister who has supported the residents that live at Cheverton Lodge throughout the years. Ntombi leads and co-ordinates the brilliant intermediate care rehabilitation programme within the home.

Rosalina

Rosalina N/A

Job Title: Receptionist/Admin

When you visit Cheverton Lodge, Rosalina will be the first person you meet, and we can guarantee it will be a warm welcome. Rosalina has been part of our team for almost 6 years and her colleagues see her as a real asset to the team as she always has a smile and is full of fun.

Tanya, Abin and Rudolfo

Tanya, Abin and Rudolfo N/A

Job Title: Catering Team

This is our fantastic catering team who combine their individual culinary skills to cook up nutritious and delicious meals for our residents.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Cheverton Lodge Care Home