Little Bramingham Farm

Leamington Road, Luton LU3 3XF

Friends of the Elderly Little Bramingham Farm specialises in residential care. Little Bramingham Farm is an oasis of calm in an urban environment.

All the rooms are spacious, light and airy with en suite facilities.

Little Bramingham Farm’s communal areas offer a cosy lounge and dining room. The garden, developed over the years by residents and staff, is a secluded relaxing space to sit and read or enjoy the company of fellow residents and visiting family and friends.

The dedicated, well-trained and compassionate care team at Little Bramingham Farm understand that every resident is different.

Care planning is personalised and centred on each resident’s individual needs, coupled with this, the relaxed and informal environment of Little Bramingham Farm makes Little Bramingham Farm home from home for residents, families and friends alike.

Respite care packages are also available at Little Bramingham Farm for people who need everyday care and support when carers need a respite break, or for people who need extra care and support during a recuperation period after an illness or hospital discharge.

Group: Friends of the Elderly Group

Person in charge: Emma Lawrence (Care Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Luton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 25 Service Users

Admission Information: Old Age. Ages 65+.

Fees information:

Fees are based on an assessment of individual care needs and will be calculated following a visit. Please contact the home by telephone or email to discuss any aspect of finding a care home.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

No specific visiting hours.

Car park in the front of the building

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.8 out of 10 for Little Bramingham Farm is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 31 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Little Bramingham Farm in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 24 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.779 for Little Bramingham Farm is calculated as follows: ( (296 Excellents x 5) + (68 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 371 Ratings = 4.779

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Little Bramingham Farm is based on 24 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 5 positive Reviews (25 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 24 Reviews ÷ 5 Target Reached = 1

9.8Little Bramingham Farm has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.779) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 31 Reviews over all time

Total of 31, showing 1-20

• 28
  • 3
View more filters
Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

My mother was in respite care for 10 days at Little Bramingham Farm. I cannot speak highly enough regarding the care that my mother received from all members of staff during her stay.
My mother is quite demanding due to her condition, but the carers did everything possible to calm and reassure her,
as well as reassuring me. They had patience and showed the utmost kindness, so much so that within a few days Mum was quite settled and content.
The home itself is clean, comfortable, bright and welcoming. It really is a shining example of what a care home should be, giving care which is second to none, and giving relatives the reassurance that their loved ones are looked after with care and dignity.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

Bramingham feels like a gentile country hotel where the residents just happen to be old.
All staff are lovely and the food looks delicious.
My mum, who had been very apprehensive, settled in immediately.
Rooms all slightly different.
Does not feel like a nursing home.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

A genuinely delightful place for mum to enjoy.
Everything, from the caring staff to the gardens, could not be better.
Several choices of where to read, relax or chat and a care team of people who simply can't do enough to make mum comfortable.
11 out of 10 if that is possible!

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

My sister has been at Little Bramingham Farm for just over 3 months now and is very happy living there.
It is a great pleasure to visit her, the management and care staff are so friendly and caring. Nothing is too much to ask them.
I would definitely recommend this home to everybody.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

A clean and tidy home with excellent, caring staff.
Dad slightly disappointed with the food.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

My mother has been at Little Bramingham for the last 10 months, as a family, we are very happy with the care our mother has received there.
All the members of staff a very caring and can't be faulted re the care they give her.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.5 out of 5

Very happy with the care provided - the only thing my husband complains about is the lunch time meal.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.2 out of 5

First impression is more homely than 'care home' with a friendly welcome from the staff. Each room is decorated differently to the others to give a more individual touch for residents.

Good spaces for residents to relax in and various sitting rooms for visitors who prefer more privacy when visiting.

My

father has settled in well since moving in, in June 2018.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.9 out of 5

My mum has been in respite for 7 months now and I feel like she is flourishing. She has put weight on and all the interaction from staff and other residents has done my mum the world of good. It is a wonderful home and I would highly recommend it.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.5 out of 5

This is my mum's second visit for respite care and as a family, we are more than happy with the care she receives. All the carers are friendly and can't do enough for her. The home is well kept and the food is lovely. I would have no hesitation in recommending this home to anybody.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

My mother has been a resident of this home since June 2018 and I cannot fault anything about Little Bramingham Farm.
My mum has settled in very well and that is all down to the wonderful staff/management who all go "the extra mile" to ensure the residents are happy.
My family are exceptionally pleased
and happy with Little Bramington Farm.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

I am extremely pleased with the quality of care that my mother is receiving.
This care home is first class.
Many thanks to all the staff.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.6 out of 5

My aunt has been at Bramingham Farm for nearly 4 years now. She loves it here. My first impression of Bramingham Farm as that it has the feel of a guest house, not a care home and my opinion has not changed in 4 years. Lovely staff and management. They simply can't do enough. Brilliant

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

Following a traumatic and frightening illness, I can't describe how good it feels to wake up to each day, knowing I am in a safe place, well cared for and with help always close to hand. This has been my experience this past year and as a fellow resident put it 'you can't get better than this', sentiments
with which I fully agree and for which I am personally deeply grateful.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

My husband has been here for the last 12 months. He is kept clean, is very comfortable well fed and looked after.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

I've found that all the staff are very friendly, very caring all the residents look like they are we cared for and happy. The staff really encourage everyone to take part in activities. The good is very good. I would recommend this home to anyone that needs a relative looked after.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

My mother has been at Little Bramingham Farm for eighteen months now and is settled and happy there. The care given by all the carers is excellent. Mum has encountered a few medical problems which have been quickly addressed. The staff have been adaptable to her changing needs and have always communicated
well with me. Her room is light, airy, well decorated and always kept clean. The surroundings are well maintained and add to the general ambience of the home. Mum joins in a range of stimulating activities and outings. The food is freshly prepared by the cook and several of my relatives including myself have enjoyed eating with Mum in the elegant dining room in the home.
I am very happy that my mother is able to spend her days in such a caring and well-organised home. I highly commend the staff and management for their care and professionalism and would be happy to recommend Little Bramingham Farm to anyone looking for a residential home for their relative.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.5 out of 5

I do not live in the locality and whenever I visit I feel welcomed and cared for myself! I am confident that the care given is kind and efficient. This is greatly reassuring knowing that my relative is safe and being well looked-after. I always look forward to visiting Little Bramingham Farm - it is
like visiting a country hotel rather than a care home. Congratulations to all concerned. When asking my relative about the food she says 'it's all right' ... I hope that Luton is proud of this wonderful care home.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

We found that the facility to be clean and well cared for, staff are friendly, food and support good also. Senior staff very easy to contact and deal with. Would strongly recommend.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

My mother has been in the home two years in May - she is very happy there and tells us the staff are very caring and kind to her which is clear to see when visiting mum.

We think the facilities there are good and the surrounding area outside gives the appearance of being in the countryside.

Well

done Little Bramingham Farm.

Submit a Review for Little Bramingham Farm

Please provide your details as we may contact you to verify this review. The review MUST be input and submitted by you, using your own personal email address (the email of the care provider will not be accepted). Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously. Your details may be passed to the care provider or to its service provider handling reviews but not to any other third party. They will not be published.

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 12 months.

Care Quality Commission (CQC) Rating

Overall
Good

• Caring

Good
  • Effective

Good
  • Responsive

Good
  • Safe

Good
  • Well-led

Good

Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.

View Latest Report

posted 21 Oct 2019

Please contact us for further information