Forget me not Residential Home

Leaholme Gardens, Maidenhead, Burnham, Slough SL1 6LD

Forget me not Residential Home, Slough, Berkshire

Affordable care for those you love in a HOME from HOME atmosphere

A small, friendly and family run home with an excellent reputation for providing outstanding care.

Their aim is to ensure residents receive quality care in a home-like environment. Small enough to be intimate but large enough to provide a wide range of programmes and services. Staff are caring and highly skilled care professionals.

You are most welcome to visit and view the home. Why not pop in for a cup of tea and a chat. Talk to other residents and relatives and hear what they think of the home.

Owner: Mr & Mrs R W Pell

Person in charge: Marina Morgan (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Slough Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 16 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Upon Assessment. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): British Sign Language

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £850 – £1050 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Forget me not Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

M4 Junction 7
At roundabout turn right
3rd set of traffic lights turn left into Stanhope Road
Under the railway bridge
T junction turn left onto Burnham Lane
Pass the shops on right
BEFORE traffic lights turn left into Leaholme Gardens
Look out of the blue fence with Forget me not sign

Visitors respectfully asked to not visit before 8am and after 10pm.

Parking available at the home or on quiet cul de sac

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Forget me not Residential Home: click here

posted 16 Sep 2017

Single room on ground floor.

9.6 Forget me not Residential Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.561)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Forget me not Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Forget me not Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.811 for Forget me not Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (225 Excellents x 5) + (48 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 275 Ratings = 4.811

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Forget me not Residential Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 3.2 positive Reviews (16 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 3.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Forget me not Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to Forget me not Residential Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Nephew of Resident/Service User

After visiting several homes we were delighted to find this one - which is a 'home'.
My aunt is so happy and well cared for, the staff are friendly, professional and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure the residents are happy.
We are so happy our aunt is so comfortable, happy and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Forget me not Residential Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt is very happy here. Excellent care and attention given to residents.

The support, management and infrastructure is extremely good and every consideration is given to staff. There is a good working relationship with the manager, shown by a very contented workforce within a very happy, positive environment.

My dad has been here for 3.5years and I have always been extremely happy with his care.
The staff are fantastic and I totally trust them with my dad's care.
I can honestly day that if ever I was to need to go into a care home, I hope it is this one.

The staff are always friendly and always finding crafts and celebrations to keep the resident's minds busy. Lovely garden, really nice food, plus constant care and loads of cakes!! No-one misses out at Easter, Christmas and birthdays.

Tania Pell, Proprietor at Forget me not Residential Home responded to this review on 30 May 2017:

Thank you so much Wendy for your kind words. Our staff and management do everything in their power to make the residents as comfortable and happy as possible. They really do care.

I love Forget Me Not Care Home, the staff have always been welcoming, friendly and the care is exceptional towards my nan.

Home very clean. Staff very nice. Food very nice. Very nice home.

How likely would you be to recommend Forget me not Residential Home? Likely

Very good experience. Mum has settled in better than the family hoped she would. The staff are all very good and we would recommend it. Mum is not that keen on mixing in the lounge, but she has engages more than we though she would. She is happy here and that makes us happy. She is very happy and loves her room looking out onto the garden.

My family and I were very upset when we were told my grandmother had to go into a care home. We phoned Forget Me Not and spoke to the manager who was very understanding and took the time to go through everything with us in great detail, the staff were all very helpful and caring, nothing seemed too much trouble.
Since my grandmother has been at Forget Me Not she has now got back that sparkle in her eye and is enjoying her final days. Therefore I will take this opportunity to say a great heart felt thank you to the manager and all the staff.

Dad has always received the greatest of care at Forget Me Not Home. It has been a god send to find somewhere so caring and meeting all dads care/medical needs. Dad really enjoys living here which is a great of our minds.

The staff at Forget Me Not have been very supportive on my dad's transition to the home. They look after him extremely well. The home itself is very friendly and dad's room is light, bright and clean. They also support us as well as dad and I am pleased with his care.

So glad my friend was put in Forget Me Not home, it is a magic secret place, that I never new existed.

A very happy place to come. Staff, residents, management always helpful,caring and kind.

Warm reception every time we visit. The staff are great with mum she loves staying here, it's like her own little family.

Forget Me Not is a great place. My mum has been there for about three years. I have noticed a great change in her since being there, she laughs a lot and joins in their activities, where before she came there she did not do a lot. If my mum has any concerns they have been dealt with straight away. Her room is lovely and bright and always clean. In the summer she gets to go on trips and she thoroughly enjoys them. I would recommend Forget Me Not.

Since arriving at Forget Me Not my dad has settled in and is very happy. The manager and all the staff are very happy to help. When I first came to look at the home the manager and deputy manager made us feel at home and very relaxed. The manager sat down and explained to the family in great detail everything there was to know regarding finances, contracts etc. We were very new to this and found this home to be everything we were looking for and never thought we would find. Forget Me Not is not just a care home, it has now became our dads home and our second home.

My wife and I are the opinion that our relative is in the best place and receiving the best care possible. The contact is also of highest quality and the management team are first class.

The care provided by all the staff is excellent they are all so caring and do a wonderful job sometimes in very difficult circumstances. Nothing is ever too much trouble and my mum and all the residents are cared for with love and dignity. I would highly recommend this home to anyone looking for a care home for a relative.

All staff are friendly and helpful. Manager is at hand when needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Forget me not Residential Home? Don't know

Mum is on her final days of her life, I could not be happier with the care my mum is receiving from all the staff, especially the manager who keeps me updated every day with my mum's care.
I feel happy knowing my mum is safe and well cared for.

I am extremely happy with the care afforded to my father. He is treated with the utmost dignity and he always appears content. The staff and residents also like to have fun with regular activities and entertainment.

I came into Forget me not Residential Home for a party. I found it to be very pleasant, all the staff were lovely. All the staff went out of their way to help all.

A very caring home. My mother has been well looked after and cared for very very well, nothing is too much trouble and all the staff are very helpful and kind. My mother is a completely different and happier person since she came to Forget me not in July 2013.

I attended a Xmas party at Forget me not Residential Home. The staff were extremely helpful. All the staff were very friendly and having lots of fun with the residents and dancing with them. There were lots of happy faces making the Xmas a very happy environment. Couldn't have picked a better place to put my mum.

Submit a Review for Forget me not Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Forget me not Residential Home

Marina Morgan

Donna Judd

Job Title: Senior Carer

Joined: 2015

Senior Carer

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Forget me not Residential Home