Tall Oaks

5 Pirbright Road, Farnborough Park, Farnborough GU14 7AB

Tall Oaks is a highly-specialised care home situated in Farnborough, that looks after young women with physical and learning disabilities, as well as having the expertise to look after those with sensory impairment.

Staff at Tall Oaks have shown a proven effectiveness in contributing to the quality of life of the residents, whilst maintaining a comfortable and friendly environment.

Group: Downing Care

Person in charge: Pat Hunter (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 6 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Autism/ASD • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Female only. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Tall Oaks: click here

There are currently no reviews for Tall Oaks

Submit a Review for Tall Oaks

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Tall Oaks

Graham

Graham Elliott

Job Title: Director

Joined: 2003

Graham Elliott trained as a Chartered Surveyor and joined Christie & Co in 1983 to value and sell care homes in this emergent market.

In 1987 he joined Lodge Care Plc as Managing Director of the first quoted care home group with 25 homes, and also chaired the Independent Healthcare Association for 4 years.

In 1995 as Director of Operations he set up operations in the UK for Principle Healthcare Finance an American REIT and acquired and subsequently monitored 253 healthcare facilities at a cost of £273 million, which were Sale & Lease-backed to major corporate operators.

Since 2003 Graham has been providing consultancy services to Downing and assisting them to divest themselves of their care of the elderly portfolio to reinvest in the specialist care market with three Learning Disability and Physical Disability homes.

Elaine

Elaine Baigrie

Job Title: Operations and Marketing Manager

Elaine is a highly skilled senior manager with more than 20 years experience in the delivery of healthcare services both in the NHS and the independent sector, managing neurological, musculoskeletal, brain injury, learning disability and psychiatric services.

She has held senior management posts with leading independent healthcare providers at both Hospital Director and Regional Director level. Her excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with her high standards and clear strategic and operational objectives ensure the delivery of high quality, effective, appropriate, person centred therapeutic services.

Pat

Pat Hunter

Job Title: Manager

Hi! my name is Pat Hunter, I am married and have one daughter, one son, two stepsons and six grandchildren. I was born in Northumberland and moved to Berkshire in 1997.

My hobbies include going to my villa in Portugal, gardening and spending time with my family and friends, especially my grandchildren.

I am a qualified Nurse and worked in the NHS for over 37 years in General Nursing, Mental Health, Elderly Care and Community Care.

When I moved down South I began my career in Learning Disabilities, working with adults who have complex needs, challenging behaviours, autism, epilepsy, Rett Syndrome and physical disability. I work as a registered manager for 10 years then as a Supportive Living Manager for 3 years.

Working in the field of learning / physical disabilities is very rewarding and one of the most satisfactory parts is teaching these young people to learn new life skills, making them more independent.

As a manager I ensure that all the residents are treated as individuals and that they are given freedom of choice, privacy dignity and respect.

The team at Tall Oaks work together to create a happy, homely environment for all who live work and visit the home.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Tall Oaks