Bowercroft

5 Bower Mount Road, Maidstone ME16 8AX

Bower Croft, in Maidstone, is a specialist dementia care home, with a team who are experienced in innovative care provision and focus on supporting independent living.

All carers are highly-trained and make the most out of building positive relationships, with both residents, their families and other healthcare links in the community. All care is tailored to personal needs.

Group: Bowercroft Care Ltd

Person in charge: Rebecca Beatty (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 18 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £700 – £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Bowercroft to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Bowercroft: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Bowercroft is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Bowercroft in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.924 for Bowercroft is calculated as follows: ( (219 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 237 Ratings = 4.924

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Bowercroft is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 3.6 positive Reviews (18 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 3.6 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Bowercroft has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.924) from 20 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Bowercroft?

Reviewer Connection to Bowercroft

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My elderly aunt (95) has been resident at Bowercroft for over one year now. I have found the home and staff to be excellent in all respects. Visiting several care homes for my aunt, I felt Bowercroft's caring attitude and professional approach, as soon as I entered the building. The staff do a sometimes difficult job in trying circumstances, but I have always found them to be exemplary. I would definitely recommend Bowercroft to any person enquiring of my experience and have indeed done so already.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

In 2016 we found ourselves having to look at homes for dad as our late step mum was unable to care for him.
My sister and I looked at several homes and liked the feeling of Bowercroft the minute we stepped through the door. All the residents are well cared for and happy and we liked the family atmosphere. It’s a smaller home which we felt was right for dad and Bowercroft became his new home.
The staff and manager look after dad and all the residents in a very caring, safe and professional way. We are kept informed of concerns and changes. It’s very hard to let go of the reins and let somebody else take care of your loved one but we know dad is in the best possible place.
The food is good, the house is clean and nicely decorated Dad enjoys the music man who comes regularly to sing and has discovered a love of dancing. There is a very pretty garden to sit in during the warmer weather too.
Would thoroughly recommend this delightful home.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

Management excellent. Staff are excellent. Can't fault anything. We were very worried about putting mum into care. You hear and see things in the papers and TV you don't know what to do for the best. I am 69 and my husband is 75 and we felt we couldn't cope. We looked at 20+ care homes and this was the best. Wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

For the past 14 months, our 96 years old Aunt has been a resident at Bowercroft. She is extremely well looked after, all of her requirements and needs are more than met, nothing is too much trouble. There is always a happy atmosphere, the staff are welcoming and friendly. The residents are encouraged to participate in the various social activities, which prevents them from becoming lonely and isolated. The home is spotlessly clean, well decorated and furnished. Good nutritious freshly cooked meals and healthy snacks. I would highly recommend Bowercroft , 10/10

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

I made the difficult decision to move our dear dad from his beautiful penthouse apartment in Eastbourne to a care home near me in February 2018 due to his increasing inability to care for himself.
I visited several care homes in my area and was immediately impressed by the "atmosphere" when I initially visited Bowercroft. The decision was made by the family to move dad there as soon as possible. Dad has received nothing but excellent care from the wonderful staff at all levels. The management of the place sets the tone of a caring and well organised establishment. Dad has settled extremely well after a few "hiccups" and doubts on his and our parts. His life has now settled into a lovely pattern of warmth, good food, friendly residents and staff and, of course, daily visits from family members. I would like to thank management and staff at Bowercroft for making my dad's transition to his new life less painful for the whole family.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

Mum desperately needed care following the passing of my Father 5 years earlier and her increasing dementia. The strain was growing on the family with frequent visits from family and care workers. Mum was against going into care but was constantly stressed by the world around her. Following an accident, the family made the hard decision that mum must go into care. We chose Bowercroft and they had a spare place. The staff worked discreetly with us to put everything in place for mum’s arrival. On the day we all told mum and to our surprise, mum was delighted, we think she was scared of making a decision, two hours later, she was walking into Bowercroft, within an hour sitting down and munching through a plate of sandwiches! We visited again that evening and found her happily chatting with a new group of friends! Bowercroft and the staff are wonderful, mum now looks 10 years younger, a huge weight has been lifted from her and our shoulders, I cannot praise Bowercroft enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

The carers give 100% of their time, no matter what I ask them to do, to tend to my needs, I am very appreciative. Even helping me put on my stockings which is a very difficult thing to do. They are all so patient. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Likely

Since my mum arrived she has seemed less tired, and in less pain. Her general health has improved because she is so well looked after and is no longer isolated or afraid. I can now rest easy knowing she is in such a lovely 'homely' home.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

Mum has been resident at Bowercroft for 8 months. She loved it at first and received a warm welcome from everyone. After a few days, she became subdued and quite hostile towards the staff and unwilling to socialise with the residents. The team shared that this can be quite normal as it can take a bit of time to settle in. They were caring, patient and understanding. They didn't make Mum do anything she didn't want to and respected her request to be alone. But made sure she was well cared for and that someone frequently popped in to make sure she was alright. After 3 months Mum got into a bit of a rhythm and seemed more content. However, the team were keen to see her not just 'okay' but happy there. Eight months later I can say that Mum is now really happy. She has her hair done weekly (she refused to have it done for many months) and is happy to be assisted with personal hygiene. She mixes with the other residents and often comes out to sit in the public lounge and seems relaxed and content in there.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

I have the highest praise for all of the staff, they do a wonderful job. At home Mum began to experience high anxiety, with regular visits in and out of hospital, and was unable to care for herself in any way. She then had a diagnosis of vascular dementia. The staff are very experienced and understanding. After a few weeks, the improvement in her well-being was evident. Mum is always clean and has started to get her appetite back again and has even put on some weight. My mum is now happy and well looked after. To be able to spend time with Mum and to hear her laugh again I really cannot put into words. There was a point where I thought I would not hear her laugh or see her smile again. There is a real community feel and, as a family, we feel welcomed at any time. The cleanliness is excellent, as is the quality of food. The garden is absolutely beautiful and well maintained and Mum's room is lovely. As a family, we feel reassured that Mum is safe and as a result, we have peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

Ver personal well run home that looks after mum very well. Always willing to listen and works with the family and will go out of their way to help. Mum is so happy and does not want to leave! I cannot recommend this home highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

My grandmother has almost been a resident at Bowercroft for a year now. The changes I've seen in the home over the past year have been amazing. The home is always clean and safe and the improvement to the decor has been amazing, especially working around the residents. The staff (all members of staff) are amazing, they genuinely care for the well-being of my grandmother. The staff work tirelessly to occupy and stimulate the residents - activities that I know my grandmother enjoys. It's lovely to see my grandmother with beautifully coiffed hair and buffed nails. She also always tells me how she enjoys her bubble baths!

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

What a transformation. With the new owners over the last eighteen months, Bowercroft has been updated to cater for everybody and their tastes. It is now a clean, caring, exceptional home, which is more like a big family than a business. My Mother-in-law at 101 years has lived in Bowercroft for eighteen years. Over the last few months, her health has deteriorated and the owner and staff have done everything in their power to maker her life as comfortable and happy as possible. I would have no hesitation in recommending this above average home to anyone.
Please note if this was a hotel, I would class it five star!

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Bowercroft for 6 months, she is always clean, safe and well cared for. The staff are wonderful, genuinely kind and caring towards mum and they keep me well informed. I visit at random times any day of the week and have always found the home calm, well organised and well managed.
The home is always clean and improvement to décor constant over the last 6 months, nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.
They make real efforts to occupy and stimulate the residents during the daytime with a range of voluntary activities, such as flower arranging, music or manicures.
As a family we consider ourselves very lucky to have a place for mum at Bowercroft; it gives us peace of mind to know she is being looked after by such lovely people.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

A very pleasant care home, the staff and residents always seem happy. There is always something going on. Staff make you feel very welcome. The meals are varied and I am told by my partner they are tasty. The residents always look well cared for in their appearance. The improvements to the decor of the home are looking very nice. My family are always happy when they visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

Since the new owners have taken over there has been a marked improvement in every aspect of this care home and I would recommend it to anyone. My mother has had an upgrade to her accommodation and all the staff seem a lot happier in their roles. Well done.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

The new management at Bowercroft are absolutely fantastic. Since they took it over earlier in the year they have worked tirelessly to update the decoration, facilities, food, activities and the general vibe in the place has changed very much for the better. I was very pleased when they didn't change any of the day to day staff. I have known them for years as my Mother's sister previously lived there for seven years before she died in 2013. I have periodically asked the staff how they feel about the new management - for instance if they felt they were trying to tell them how to do their jobs - and in every case, they have given glowing reports and they all seem happy and upbeat.

The home and staff are really professional, caring, and they behave towards the residents with the utmost respect and personal friendship.

I always feel very welcome and really quite at home when I visit.

We just had a lovely Christmas party. Each of the residents gave their family a present - what a lovely thought!
The gang at Bowercroft really are friends to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

The minute I walked into Bower Croft I knew it would be the home for my dad. The management are so kind and friendly and the staff look after my dad so well. He is very happy, and that gives me peace of mind. The food is home cooked, and activities are carried out every day. The staff are always around to help, they are always smiling and happy. Since the new owners have taken over they have been decorating and improving the home to a very high standard. I have recommended the home to many people and will continue to do so.

Thank you so much for the excellent care you give to my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Bower Croft for over three years. I am extremely happy with the standard of care and commitment of the management and staff. It is a difficult decision to ask someone else to care for a loved one but I feel ALL of my mums needs are catered for. In recent months they have introduced different and varied activities which all residents seem happy to take part (although no one is forced to if they don't want to). I cannot praise them enough for what they have achieved.

How likely would you be to recommend Bowercroft? Extremely Likely

My mother was in a seriously declining state over four years ago. Without the help and assistance of all at Bower Croft, it is likely she would have put herself and maybe others in danger with possible devastating results. She has become an established resident and is well known to all the staff.
If you have a relative reaching senior age and the relevant problems that alone can bring, then I would strongly recommend you add Bower Croft to your shortlist.
Look at others as well, because you can only then realise the hidden benefits they are able to offer in care and communication, as well as a dedication to the ongoing well-being of all residents.

Submit a Review for Bowercroft