Grosvenor Court

1/5 First Avenue, Cliftonville, Margate CT9 2LF

Group: Premiere Care Southern Ltd

Person in charge: Nicola Newell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 62 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Czech, Greek, Modern

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Grosvenor Court: click here

8.1 Grosvenor Court has a Review Score of 8.1 (8.057)

The Review Score of 8.1 (maximum of 10) for Grosvenor Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Grosvenor Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.4 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.646 for Grosvenor Court is calculated as follows: ( (34 Excellents x 5) + (11 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 48 Ratings = 4.646

The 3.411 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Grosvenor Court is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 12.4 positive Reviews (62 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 12.4 Target = 0.161

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Grosvenor Court?

Reviewer Connection to Grosvenor Court

My mum has been in Grosvenor Court since April 2016. She is nearly 89, has advanced dementia and although she is frail, she has sometimes very challenging behaviour. I cannot recommend Grosvenor Court enough as I have been very impressed by the care my mum has received there. The manager and the staff are all very caring, thoughtful and they treat the residents with dignity. My mum's room is always clean and tidy and my mum is always dressed well and looked after. The staff communicate regularly with me about my mum's health, diet and wellbeing and whenever I have rung or visited, I feel that they have time for you and you are always welcome. Even when my mum has been difficult to deal with, the staff have been very kind with her and I know she is safe and being looked after.
I had to move my mum quickly from a previous care home as the treatment she had was very poor and that is why I feel Grosvenor Court is such a lovely place.

How likely would you be to recommend Grosvenor Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at the home since June 2016. Like most families, it was an extremely difficult decision to move her into a home but she had dementia and paranoid schizophrenia and my father found it difficult to cope. We were quite worried as to how she would cope with moving into a home and it was a bit bumpy at the beginning, but surprisingly, she adjusted very quickly thanks to the great staff at Grosvenor Court. The Manager is absolutely fantastic and will always respond to a phone call or email from the family if we have a query. In fact, my mother, in one of her more lucid moments, said to me recently “The people are very nice here”, and that is my criteria: If my mother is happy then we are happy and she is – very!

How likely would you be to recommend Grosvenor Court? Extremely Likely

My mother was cared for from the 15th April to the 4th June 2016.
Myself, brother and father cannot praise the manager and her care team within this home highly enough.
They cared with dignity and compassion and made her last few weeks as comfortable as possible.
My father was cared for too and was able to feel he had, if only for a short time his relationship back with his wife.
As a nurse for many years I can honestly say I have not been able to find such good care staff in a very long-time.

How likely would you be to recommend Grosvenor Court? Extremely Likely

My dad came to Grosvenor Court after a very difficult time. He has been treated with the utmost respect and has settled in very well. The manager and staff are excellent with dad and understand his condition (brain injury). They are great with the residents and really care deeply about their welfare. The manager has kept me informed about dad as she knew I was anxious about him. I can not thank the manager and her team enough. I now have a happy dad for the first time in a while. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Grosvenor Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Grosvenor Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Grosvenor Court