Acorn House

39 Maidstone Road, Chatham ME4 6DP

Acorn House is a converted nineteenth century house that offers many homely comforts, including a choice of lounges and a service tailored to suit the safety and well-being of residents.

Modern nurse call systems are in place and there are television points in each room, while there are numerous activities and interests to enjoy as part of a vibrant home life.

A full in-house induction process and in-house training keeps standards high, with owners committed to making sure staff are able to develop to their full potential.

Owner: Acorn House Residential Home Ltd

Person in charge: Jaclyn Poole (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Medway Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Acorn House: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Acorn House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Acorn House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.855 for Acorn House is calculated as follows: ( (115 Excellents x 5) + (13 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 131 Ratings = 4.855

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Acorn House is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 4 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Acorn House has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.855) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Acorn House?

Reviewer Connection to Acorn House

• Day Care Service User

Our friend came into the home for respite for several days the staff could not have been more friendly. She was well looked after and even though she was only there for a week the staff included her in all the activities and daily goings-on. She was well looked after and genuinely cared for. We felt confident when we left that she was safe and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

I came as a day care resident for Christmas and the new year I have been welcomed by both staff and other residents and have decided to continue. I have made good friends before at home I was very lonely now find myself surrounded by people to talk to and we do activities every day that keep me busy and the food is great and lots of cups of tea which I love.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

The staff and home were always very welcoming anything my aunt wanted was always provided immediately. The home cooked food always looked good and all the residents seemed content happy and entertained when I visited.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the new decor of the home. The chosen scheme has given the lounges a lovely warm feeling. The food within Acorn House is set to the standard of a 5* hotel. The homemade puddings look amazing. The cooking smells divine! The staff always greet you with a friendly manner and I feel that I can approach staff and management with ease, any queries I have are always answered efficiently.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

Our father has dementia and has been living here for about 6/7 months. He is very happy and so are we, his family. He is secure, feels cared for and liked. We are all welcomed whenever we visit. Dad's 90th birthday celebration in May was a great success thanks to the huge support of Acorn House staff.
Dad has a key worker with whom he has a good relationship. Acorn House staff are pro-active with Dad's health, support and comfort but refer all decisions to the family. We are very grateful to them for their care and concern for Dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

My mother is 102 years old and very independent. She has been treated with the utmost respect and affection, although she can be demanding.
The staff interact with the residents with kindness and humour.
Mum likes her room, overlooking the garden and we have made it like home.
The food is home made and wholesome, the cakes are lovely.
We are sure mum couldn't be treated any better.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident at Acorn House for over a year. As a family, we are more than pleased with his care. The staff are friendly and professional. Since the new owners have taken over, the d├ęcor has improved a great deal. We are confident that his needs are well catered for in a clean, friendly environment. We would recommend this home to friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

The home is very nice and clean it feels like home. It has a homely feel to it when I ask for anything to be done for me it is always done immediately. I could not ask for more from the staff I feel like they really care for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Likely

I was distressed and anxious when it was deemed necessary for my husband to be admitted to a care home. The Staff at Acorn House have been so kind and made the transition so much easier than I feared. Acorn House is relatively small and very homely-it does not have the "hotel" feel of some larger establishments. The relatively new owners are investing a lot of effort and time into the business and there have been many obvious improvements over the last six months. The Care Staff are very patient and caring with the residents and they are all treated with dignity and as individuals.
I am very grateful to Acorn House.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

The management and staff of Acorn House Residential Care home are without any doubt the most friendly, caring, helpful, and honest people anyone could wish to meet. When you visit the home they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The home and rooms are wonderfully clean and tidy and the food is everything anyone could wish for. If I had to go into a care home it would most certainly be Acorn House. When my nephew was put in there in December 2015 he was at his end, he has dementia, but now when we go in to see him he is a totally different man. He is 71 years and he is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn House? Extremely Likely

My aunt suffered a short illness and it was necessary for her to move into care. This was extremely traumatic for her even though she had been considering the possibility for some time. She arrived in a high state of stress and myself and my mother attempted to deal with all of the other issues. My aunt was extremely anxious and not very mobile. She knew the home, however, as two of her friends has previously been residents there. The staff were amazing. They understood the stress that everyone was going through and were kind and comforting. We settled my aunt in as well as possible and returned home. We live some 500 miles away so our trepidation was understandable. We returned to visit my aunt a month later and THANKS to the caring of the staff she had recovered amazingly well. The staff has spent a lot of time with her and treated her with dignity and respect and she said she felt like a "real person" again.

It is thanks to them that my aunt now feels safe and secure.

Submit a Review for Acorn House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Acorn House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acorn House