Featherton House

Chapel Square, Deddington, Banbury OX15 0SG

Located in the idyllic Cotswolds town of Deddington, Featherton House is a retirement home offering full-time, respite and convalescent care.

The combination of the home’s warm and friendly environment and the tailored care and support services enable residents to live as independently as possible. The caring and qualified staff respect each resident as an individual and encourage them to be independent and reach their full potential.

Accommodation at Featherton House is light and spacious, while the countryside garden has ample seating areas which offers residents an outdoor space to relax and enjoy the fresh countryside air.

A varied menu of home-cooked food is provided for residents. Ingredients are locally sourced and meals are prepared by the on-site chef.

Residents can take part in a number of activities and outings at Featherton. These include flower arranging classes, games, quizzes, events, church visits, and outings to local attractions in the community.

Group: Wren Retirement Living

Person in charge: Holly Rose (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 25 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £850 – £1050 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Featherton House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Drop in or call and arrange for an appointment to come and visit

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Featherton House: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Featherton House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 64 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Featherton House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.2 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.984 for Featherton House is calculated as follows: ( (756 Excellents x 5) + (12 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 768 Ratings = 4.984

The 3.2 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Featherton House is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 5 positive Reviews (25 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 5 Target = 0.200

8.2 Featherton House has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.184) from 64 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Featherton House?

Reviewer Connection to Featherton House

Featherton is like home from home. The care given by the staff is second to none, both day and night. We were always made to feel welcome whatever time we visited. My Great Aunt had a relatively short stay but made great friends, enjoyed many tasty meals (frequently commented on) and loved her upstairs room.
A summer trip to Cotswold Wildlife Park was one of her favourite outings, along with an outing for a pub lunch!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed for a respite whilst I was on holiday. What a wonderful home.
I know she was being looked after so well. I didn't worry at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Featherton House is really home from home for me. It is so friendly and we have plenty of laughs. The catering is first class and if for any reason, one wishes to eat in one's room, this is accommodated without question. Tea and coffee is available 24/7. It truly is home from home as I've already said. My daughter vetted about 6 other care homes before I agreed to give up my flat and we agreed this was the best one for me. It's beautifully kept, spotlessly clean and most importantly "No nasty smells". We can join in or not with activities provided they're usually great fun. The staff take us shopping which is great fun.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I would not wish to be anywhere else at this stage in my life.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My nan is extremely happy there and it's down to the new manager being so kind and good at her job. All the staff are extremely friendly and make us feel very welcome! I couldn't ask for a nicer place for my nan to live. They all do a great job!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I could not wish for my Grandma to have been cared for any better if I had been doing the job myself , the staff at Featherton House are absolutely wonderful and do their upmost to cater for all the residents every need! . Featherton House gives the Home from home environment, from the rooms to the tasty food served to my Grandma every day without fail, I never have to worry about her going hungry or being cared for in a way that I would do myself. Could not recommend this place more I would definitely give this Home 10/10 should I be asked.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My Mother came to Featherton House for 2 weeks respite care 'to try it out' as she said. From the very first time I visited to look around Featherton House I was made to feel part of the family. The staff without exception were very friendly, always greeted you with a smile and a welcome. You got the feeling that they loved their job and really cared about every resident and made a special effort to get to know everyone.
Mum was very well looked after and whenever I visited, she seemed happy and comfortable, clean and well cared for. I could not have asked for a better place for my mother to spend Christmas and New Year, it enabled us to spend time together and enjoy a great Christmas together. I cannot thank Featherton House enough for their wonderful care and the time they spent getting to know Mum. A truly wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I was so pleased that Featherton House had a vacancy for my mother. It has been recommended and I was not disappointed. It is a home from home. The staff are all very caring and friendly and cannot do enough to help you. It is like one big happy family and I have the peace of mind that my mother is happy, content and in a safe place.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

A very safe and happy environment, with extremely helpful and competent staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend recently after a longish period owing to ill health. I am today both amazed and delighted to see the improvement in her. She is confident, cheerful, lucid.
In fact, better than I remember her before, she went into hospital some 4 years previously from today's date. The staff are phenomenal. I am so pleased to see her so improved and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Nanny is extremely happy and well looked after at Featherton. She regularly tells us she 'couldn't be anywhere better' and I totally agree. Everyone here is welcoming and friendly. The staff will always go the extra mile for residents and visitors. The food here is also wonderful and the house is always immaculate. I really enjoy visiting nanny here and it is very reassuring to know that when we're not here she is still so well looked after! I couldn't recommend Featherton enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Since my last review the standard of care has gone from very good to excellent. My mother-in-law was already very well cared for but in recent weeks she has been in the best form I've seen her in years. The staff have been truly outstanding, well done Featherton House.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Featherton House (FH) provided excellent care to my Mother. She had been there for over 2 years, and in that time the service has been excellent throughout. As soon as you step through the door you know FH is a really nice place, as it smells fresh, it's spotlessly clean and very tidy. All the staff greet you with a smile and are pleasant and approachable. The manager ensures a professional attitude from all staff, who are very understanding and supportive, whilst nothing is too much trouble for them. All through my mothers' stay at FH, she received first class service, which made her very happy - and our family, knowing we couldn't have chosen a better place for her. Through my mothers' final few weeks the staff showed compassion, understanding and dignity to her, and ensured her comfort was maintained throughout. My mother regularly told me she felt lucky to be in Featherton House, and I agree with her. I believe Featherton House to be the best care home in North Oxfordshire.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting my friend for several weeks. I have been impressed by the standard of care shown and the commitment of the staff to make the residents stay an all-round positive experience.
They are obviously well fed and their personal needs are met in all respects. The staff's bearing and professionalism leave nothing to be desired. I have contact with a GP who has had dealings with the home and she assures me that there is no need to be worried about the medical care and supervision provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home, lovely caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I visit the home as often as I can - I always find it to be welcoming, friendly, homely and happy. I am always greeted warmly and all the residents and staff appear content, relaxed and enjoying life. This home is well run and efficient - but doesn't lose the fact this is the residents home - one which they have input into in how they wish to live and have a quality of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

The staff at Featherton House were so lovely and welcoming to me and my sister who volunteered over the Christmas period. We really enjoyed getting to know them and all the residents. Over the course of our volunteering we sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer all across the house with some of the residents and joined them in a delicious Christmas lunch. There is always lots going on with activities and cooking and the mood is always very jolly at Featherton House and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Featherton House is an excellent home, my father has settled in so well. He is always happy to see us but is content for us to return to our homes. Since his move to Featherton House he looks very well and we are happy that he is so well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I cannot rate Featherton House and its staff highly enough! When my aunt came to Featherton House she was not the aunt I knew, she had been ill and several other problems! Now I have my much loved aunt back, and this is all down to the care and security my aunt now has. The change in her for the better is truly amazing. I will be forever grateful to the Featherton House team.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My grandmother has been resident at Featherton for several years now after reluctantly leaving her home in her mid 90s. It was a huge change for her and the family but she (and we) have never looked back. She immediately felt at home and the personalised care that every resident receives is evident from the sparkle in her eyes and evident health. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Featherton to others - the care is outstanding and there's a real atmosphere of fun and friendships.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been looked after with great care and love and dignity for the last 5 years many thanks to all the staff. All my family are very happy with the care and sensitivity shown by the Manager and all her staff to my mother, encouraging her to be part of the life in Featherton - much to her advantage and happiness.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Usually when I visit my mother-in-law, she makes a point of telling me how well she is looked after and how well fed she is. She says she never anticipated that she would live in a care home but it really is very comfortable and caring. She says she feels safe and happy that she is valued as an individual and not just as a customer. She also tells me how good the staff are to her, for example, they make her laugh and know her every individual needs and wishes and respond to them. It has all worked out better than we, her daughter and son-in-law had dared to hope.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My grandmother has been a resident at Featherton House for a few years. At 97, the move from her own home could have been been very traumatic, but she has flourished in the atmosphere of loving care and attention created by the wonderful staff at Featherton. They have taken a lot of care to get to know her and our family and as a result she is now nearly 101, happy, comfortable and still going strong!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My Grandma was very attached to her own home and independent. She did not want to leave it and was very reluctant to move into a care home. It is a testament to the evident real love of the staff here that she has settled so well and is happy and thriving at Featherton. I can honestly say that I cannot imagine a better 100th birthday celebration than the one Featherton put on for Granny, who is now healthily coming up soon to her 102nd birthday.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

This care home is outstanding in every way. The loving attention and care given, often to quite difficult residents, is without doubt excellent. Nothing is too much trouble. The home is beautifully clean and welcoming (even to visitors) the programme of interests and activities is exceptional with something special every day, allowing residents to choose to join in or not as they wish. I would thoroughly recommend this particular care home any time.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My grandma has lost most of her sight and her hearing and Featherton has been the perfect place for her. The facilities are excellent and the staff go above and beyond to make sure that all the residents are content and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law has now been at Featherton for 12 months, following the death of my father-in-law who was looked after there in the last few weeks of his life. The care my father-in-law received was outstanding and it was because of this that my mother-in-law chose to go there. The care she has, and continues to receive is also exemplary. Featherton is a real home led by the Manager who is 100 per cent committed to her residents, their overall wellbeing, safety and quality of life and this is the same for her dedicated team of staff most of whom have been there for many years. The care, respect, love and compassion shown to the residents is quite fantastic.
Quite apart from this, you can be guaranteed to receive a big smile and warm welcome when visiting and good nourishing food!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I like living at Featherton House very much. The staff are all friendly and helpful and I enjoy my family visits and activities. I feel safe and comfortable. I can go to my manager whenever I want to, her door is always open. I am very happy here. I have opportunities to visit National Trust and other outings.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have been a resident for nearly 6 years. I am very happy at Featherton House and they look after me very well. I love the activities and have a lovely room.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother in law lived very happily at Featherton House during her final time of her life. She engaged fully within the vibrant welcoming atmosphere and was always ready to return after family outings. The compassion shown by the manager and her loyal team of helpers was second to none when my mother in law's end finally came. Following on, my father in law is now living at Featherton. He has become increasingly frail, but is always given the utmost respect and compassion and care which is second to none. When arriving at Featherton one is always greeted by a very warm and friendly atmosphere and the building is very homely. Whilst all the care and facilities are first class you feel very much at home rather than in a stereotypical care home. I would recommend Featherton to anybody and would be very happy to live here myself in older age when the need arises.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have been a resident for two years and have had a pleasant time. Caring staff and friendly co residents. The management and other staff and helpers always ready to advise and explain. A rest home from home!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

It is very comfortable and safe and I like living here. The staff are all very nice. The manager is nice too. The food is very nice always. I would not like to live anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

The staff are very caring and I feel very well looked after. I feel I am very fortunate to be a resident here. I have a lovely warm room with comfortable chairs and a television. I also have my own bathroom. The food is delicious. Featherton is very homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I like living at Featherton I get on with the staff very well and enjoy my meals. I've got no complaints at the moment. Everyone seems very happy. I like my room very much because of the big window. It's also nice to have my hair done every week by the hairdresser. I am visited quite often mostly by my niece and sister. I am very fond of the afternoon cake although I know I shouldn't really have it.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I like this home it is excellent. The staff are all lovely. My room I am very happy with . I have the privacy to do as I like. The staff all give me dignity and I get on very well with everyone. The manager is always there if I need her.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Featherton House is outstanding in the level of care given to residents, and the friendly atmosphere encouraging them to participate in activities. The carers are of a particularly high standard. The choice of food is good and refreshments are available whenever needed. The fact that care is available 24 hours is obviously a reassurance for both residents and their relatives. Encouragement is given to these who wish to share their life experiences.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law stayed at Featherton House for a period of 19 months. During her stay she was made extremely welcome and comfortable that too included all our family and friends that visited her. All the staff were always welcoming, cheerful and kind, never failing to offer us refreshments on our visits. In Margaret's last few months at Featherton, her health failed but the quality of care certainly did not, if anything all the staff became more helpful and caring and nothing was ever too much trouble. Featherton House itself is full of character and is always kept clean to immaculate standards, the food always smelt and looked very appetising and there is always opportunity for guests to lunch with the residents. For those that cannot venture out on their own their is a delightful garden to use, regular entertainment plus the opportunity to be taken on trips to the town, garden centre etc. All in all a wonderful caring place to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

All the staff are very professional, caring and friendly and make the residents feel as though it is their home. They utilise the facilities they have extremely well and have regular entertainment for all the guests. They involve family as much as they want to be which helps create the family atmosphere and helps the residents settle into their new environment in the early days.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

The discovery of Featherton has been amazing for our family. My mother in law was very recently bereaved and left her childhood home to move nearer to us. She has a long standing serious illness and needs particularly sensitive care. The staff at Featherton have been fantastic at looking after her. The care they provide is forever patient, sympathetic and warm; nothing is too much trouble. The home itself is fabulous, warm, clean and beautifully furnished. The food is delicious and all dietary requirements of my mother in law have been catered for without question. As a result my mother in law has been able to relax and settle in to her new home quickly; she is happy, supported and content to spend the rest of her life in this wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Featherton House continues to go from strength to strength, in that it continues to improve in all areas of care for its residents, my aunt was very ill when she arrived at the carehome, but I am very glad to say, that due to the care of the team at Featherton House she is like a new person, back to her old self. A really great job, which is down to the whole team at the home, from the home made food and the accommodating kitchen staff, to the interaction of the entertainments staff that keep her mind active. It really is comforting to know my Aunt is in such good hands, would recommend this carehome very strongly.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I love being at Featherton House. Everybody is helpful and I have a lovely room. I love the food and I am proud to say I have put on weight. We have great entertainment including a fabulous party at Christmas and do many quizzes and crosswords and all have a great laugh. We go out when weather permits. There could be no better home.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

There is always a welcome whenever I visit. Residents are busy with their activities, embroidery, jigsaw puzzles, flower arranging, word games. I've never been to a home with so much going on. There is always a happy atmosphere, lots of photographs on the walls. Residents help each other. The rooms are comfortable and clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have had contact with Featherton House for some 12-15 years, through friendship with various residents. I have always been impressed with the quality of care provided by the staff, their warmth and flexibility and their sensitivity to the needs of the individual. My friends have always been happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have always been very impressed by the quality of the care provided by the staff at Featherton. The balance between giving residents the support they need and the dignity they deserve is first-rate. My mother is well understood, well cared for and, as far as is possible for an infirm 91 year old.
Very happy, the staff show remarkable levels of patience, good humour and professional skill. I am very grateful to them all, especially the manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Visiting Featherton over the past year has always been a pleasure and it had been wonderful to see my friend flourishing in the care here.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

After looking at many care homes in the area Featherton House had a lovely homely feel. My father has settled in so well, all of the staff are extremely helpful nothing is too much trouble. Superb choice of meals catering for all needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Featherton House in 2013 and, as a family, we have found it superb.
No one wants to lose their independence and privacy but the staff - from the night and day carers to the kitchen/ housekeeping and maintenance have all been conscious of that and treated my mother with immense courtesy, compassion and dignity. You don’t overhear the staff get impatient with other residents either. They’ve made life fun too – lots of thoughtful and, too numerous to mention, touches – a scented rose on the tray, handcream, a Valentine chocolate, etc. The activities are imaginative and this year’s Christmas party was FABULOUS.
They’ve always been so kind and supportive to myself and other family members (including my mother’s dog!) – and I hope that my connection with them continues as I now think of the staff of Featherton House as friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have visited a friend at Featherton quite regularly over the past year and have always found both staff and home warm and welcoming. The residents are happy and well looked after in a calm and peaceful environment but with plenty of activities to take part in if they so wish. The entrance walls are adorned with wonderful memories and I would be happy to recommend Featherton to anyone requiring their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I have listed "Excellent" for every category below as there is no higher category to choose. The service provided to my Mother-in-law has been "superlative". She will not have been an easy customer (as I know only too well), but Featherton has been faultless in its support. I only hope I can find a Featherton when my time comes. It radiates kindness and professionalism. As a periodic visitor one is met at the door with instant friendliness and this is a constant theme throughout the organisation.

The facilities are exactly what I look for in a care home. I have visited many purpose-built care homes over the years, but they can seem very institutionalised. Featherton is a true "home" with all the qualities of the home environment.

One of its greatest strengths is its staff continuity - there appears to be a complete absence of agency staff - and each members of staff appears to be locally based.

I could not recommend it highly enough. All I san say in summary is that if all care homes were like Featherton then the public image of care homes would be raised overnight.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I would put BETTER THAN EXCELLENT as a category. The care my mother received was outstanding. Having worked in a hospice I am used to care, and all the staff were just as polite, kind and professional

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My grandmother was looked after incredibly well in the warm, comfortable and homely Featherton House. When I first went to visit, it felt like she was in her own home, with a beautifully decorated bedroom and a cosy feel. The home has none of the ‘old people’s home’ about it, it simply feels like someone’s own home!

However the staff really are what makes it, they are so kind and caring, and sweet with the residents. Instead of it being just a job, they really get to know them, and the care they provide is excellent. That is what makes it so special, and I would recommend Featherton House to anyone. As a doctor I have visited a number of other homes, and this one is unique to them all. Thank you for everything you have done.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

A wonderful home. Staff are caring, enthusiastic, cheerful and really develop strong relationships with the residents. The entertainments team do a fab job of keeping the residents engaged and entertained and a wide range of outside people come in to provide this too. The home feels like a "home", and the staff turn over has been very low the time I have been visiting, which says a lot about the home and it's management. Couldn't recommend more highly!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Featherton House is like visiting my Dad in his own home - you don't feel like your in a care home. Staff are lovely - the home is well run, clean, well presented and everywhere is bright and cheerful.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Featherton House for nearly 2 years. During that time she achieved her 100th birthday. The celebrations arranged by the staff at Featherton demonstrated the love, care and knowledge they have of each individual. (My mother was given 100 red roses, a birthday cake, champagne, a party, visit by a local celebrity etc..) I believe the exceptional standard of care at Featherton begins with the Manager who supports her staff and builds a team where each feels supported and able to share the joys as well as the problems of caring for the elderly. Together they create an atmosphere which feels like a family for each of the 20 or so residents. Each resident is known and valued beyond the level of the Care Plan, that is they are known, respected and treated as individuals by all staff. My mother says she has found a new 'family' at Featherton. She feels safe, not just physically, but emotionally. As her actual family, when we visit, we are always made to feel welcome as if going into someone's home and staff are available to talk about and resolve any issues at all times.The rooms of the house are full of character, kept scrupulously clean with fresh flowers everywhere at all times. The dietary preferences of each individual are known and met. Each meal is home cooked to a high standard and has no hint of 'institutional' food. Rather, each meal, to which family members can be invited, feels like eating at home. The activities are varied and often highly entertaining. In the entrance hall are displays of the residents enjoying a wide variety of activities so they and visitors feel that the residents are the centre of life at Featherton. On the few occasions when my mother has not been well, staff have immediately contacted us about action taken and to request our wishes. We have total trust in their care of my mother. We are extremely fortunate.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

As a vicar, I go to Featherton House on a fairly regular basis. In December I was visiting a lady to give end of life care - prayers, comfort to the family etc. and I was genuinely, very surprised at the high level of care and support given to this lady and her family by the staff in the Care Home. In my opinion, thy went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure the lady concerned was comfortable and calm in her last days and hours.

During the course of my work I spend many hours in care homes, and in my opinion, Featherton House gives some of the best, and most dignified care to their residents that I have seen.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I am very impressed with the wonderful family atmosphere at Featherton. The staff are very responsive and cheerful - there is much laughter and joy, in which the residents participate. I feel very confident that my mother is safe and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I started volunteering at Featherton house in 2014 to assist me in achieving my Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award and I am now working towards my Silver Award. I come to the Care Home every week to talk to the residents and I love it! The residents are always treated with respect by the carers who are absolutely lovely and always have a smile on their face. The house has such a lovely atmosphere and always is so well decorated, clean and tidy. It has been an absolute pleasure to come over to Featherton to volunteer every week and chat with the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

The relief I felt when visiting my grandmother at Featherton was enormous! As she says - Featherton is home from home! I cannot recommend it enough - every member of staff is caring and compassionate, there is always a smile on their faces and nothing is too much trouble. The Manager is an outstanding and dedicated role model - her residents come first and that is a sentiment echoed by all her staff. The food is nutritional and delicious, the caring outstanding, the welcome always bright and sunny, the cleanliness - well it's spotless, and all residents are shown patience, dignity and respect at all times (even when they are a little grouchy!) Activities and trips out are organised and birthdays and seasonal celebrations are enjoyed by all. Featherton is indeed a very very special home.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I cannot recommend Featherton House highly enough. We were all concerned about my mother coming into residential care but our fears were totally unfounded - mum has settled down incredibly quickly and is safe and comfortable in a lovely environment. The manager has been an incredible support and often goes above and beyond the call of duty to make everyone's lives as comfortable and carefree as can be. There is nothing about Featherton that we can fault - all staff are wonderful and incredibly kind and caring; the food is excellent; she loves her room and is happily making new friends and acquaintances with the other residents. I'm going to put my name on the waiting list!!

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I feel quite at home at Featherton and if I need anything I know I can come to the Manager at any time. I feel happy, comfortable and content, the food is excellent and plentiful, I enjoy the company, especially the Activities Co-ordinator. The staff couldn't be more obliging, they cant do enough for you and they mean it, they are all so genuine, they have our best interest at heart and all have a lovely smile. It's like home from home and like me, everyone else feels the same as I do.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

Sadly at this time of ones life one tends to visit elderly relatives in different care homes and environments. I have no hesitation in saying that Featherton is the best of all those that I have visited and would thoroughly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I am continually impressed with the outstanding quality of care and compassion given to my mother by all members of staff at Featherton House. My mother's health and welfare have been maintained to the highest degree, indeed my mother's problems with her legs have greatly improved since I last saw her two months ago. The staff always have time to speak to my family and their concern for all of us is very comforting. As I leave Featherton for Cornwall I know my mother is in the safest of hands, she is in a home which is run by a highly competent and sensitive manageress and her team. I wish that all homes could be run to the excellent standard of this one.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

My mother was only in Featherton House for a few months but the care she received was exemplary. She was a very private lady but was so warmly welcomed that she settled very quickly. Initially, she loved some of the activities, especially the singing events, but as she suddenly deteriorated in health, and she wanted to be more in her room, the staff were constantly in attendance to her. All the staff are very kind, caring, dedicated and professional. Her special food requirements were catered for by the kitchen staff without any problem. Her dignity and privacy was maintained throughout her failing health, and I was kept in touch every step of the way with the necessary changes of decisions needed for her care. The manager was very supportive to me and my mother throughout her final journey.
I recommend Featherton House to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Featherton House? Extremely Likely

I chose Featherton on recommendation and personal knowledge. Each and everyone of the staff were fantastic. They cared for her with love and great respect. The home never failed me. They also gave an equal amount of love and support to both me and my blind disabled sister. My mother has recently passed away at the age of 99 and they are still there for us. This Care Home is truly HOME from HOME and the residents are surrounded with respect but primarily love. I will always remember their kindness.

Submit a Review for Featherton House

posted 06 Apr 2018

1 lovely room available in our beautiful home in Deddington.

November 2015

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Featherton House