Autumn Lodge, Bognor Regis, West Sussex

Autumn Lodge is one of the few remaining small private residential care homes in the area. The home is long-established, having a stable and well-trained staff and management team which provides consistency and quality of care, often lost in the large establishments.

The home is well-located with easy parking. All rooms are en-suite, decorated and furnished to a high standard. There has been continual investment into the home to improve and update it and this is reflected in the ambience and appearance of the surroundings.

Activities play an important role in the home and there is a strong community spirit amongst the residents.

There is a pleasant garden to the rear of the property with a conservatory, where internet access with specialist software for residents to use is freely available.

Autumn Lodge welcome you for a lunch or a trial stay.

Owner: Autumn Lodge

Person in charge: Nicola Hunt (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 19 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Autumn Lodge: click here

9.3 Autumn Lodge has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.335)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Autumn Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Autumn Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.585 for Autumn Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (81 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 130 Ratings = 4.585

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Autumn Lodge is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 3.8 positive Reviews (19 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 3.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Autumn Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Autumn Lodge

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

Our friend and neighbour a widow with no family was very sociable but lonely, forgetful and in denial about her (in)ability to cope. After choosing Autumn Lodge from the six care homes we visited she reluctantly agreed to go for a week while we went on holiday. We had been checking on her 2 -3 times a day. When we returned she was fresh, happy and never mentioned going home. I visit her weekly. She loves the staff they, in turn, love her always treating her with respect, consideration and sympathy in her increasing frailty. Now in "end of life care" she is calm and peaceful. One could not ask for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Likely

Although I cannot get to visit too often now, any phone enquiries are fully and politely answered with no attempt to end call until I have all the information needed. The home is always warm and clean, residents are always warm and dressed. We are happy with the care given!

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

Every day I visit my wife and I am treated with respect, honesty and I feel loved by all that work within this care home. I am treated to dinner daily and I am invited to attend all activities that take place there.
All the staff from the manager to the cleaners, care staff and chef treat me extremely well.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

Never a problem only a solution, with all of the staff that work there. Things are never left as soon as a problem arises the solution is found. Polite, friendly and a very happy place to reside.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

We have found the home well run, the staff caring, and the environment very homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Likely

My mum has been very happy here. She constantly tells me that the staff are all very kind to her. From the first time I visited, I have found a very warm reception and helpfulness. The home has a very 'homely' feel to it.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Likely

Both of our mothers are in Autumn Lodge one has been there for three years the other for three months. As you can tell we were more than happy with the care so had no hesitation in placing my mother in their care now that the need has arisen. The staff from manager to carers, cleaners and cooks have shown great kindness and respect for both our mothers. The home is always spotlessly clean, the food is excellent and residents are always able to choose an alternative if the main meal does not suit. There is a good range of activities which they love. We are always warmly welcomed and feel happy to leave our parents in their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

Pleased with the home, always warm and clean. My cousin is not an easy lady to get on with bit all the staff treat her with respect and understanding. After a two and half hour drive to visit I am always offered tea and sometimes a meal. Very pleased with the care she is given.

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have found the home to be very caring and keep me fully informed regarding my mother's well-being and I would if asked recommend this home to anyone!

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

I give full praise and thanks to all the team at Autumn Lodge, especially to the Manager and Assistant Manager for the excellent management of the care home. My father was a resident for over three years and he continually told everyone how happy, contented and well looked after he was. The staff were always very kind and caring and always with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble and whenever I visited, always unannounced, I was always made to feel very welcome and told I could help my self to tea and coffee and was offered a meal if I had wanted. The family could always call Autumn Lodge and get updates on Dad's well being and if he was unwell we knew that we would get an immediate call and, if necessary, the Doctor would be called. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Autumn Lodge and indeed, should I need the same care myself in the future, I would only be too happy to be a resident there. Best wishes for the future, well done and thank you Autumn Lodge!

How likely would you be to recommend Autumn Lodge? Extremely Likely

Autumn Lodge is a 'home from home' atmosphere. It is always clean, tidy, comfortable, well maintained and supplies lovely home cooked meals. My father lived at Autumn Lodge for 3 and a half years during that time he was happy, well cared for, always clean and comfortable. His dignity and independence encouraged and his individual needs catered for, all staff were kind, respectful and caring. As the family we were welcomed at any time, kept fully up to date with his progress and were given good support and shown sympathy and kindness when it was needed most.

Submit a Review for Autumn Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Autumn Lodge

Nicola Hunt

Job Title: Care home Manager

Joined: 2010

I have been managing Autumn Lodge for four years
I hold an NVQ level 2, 3, 4 and the RMA I am also a qualified assessor.
I love my job and believe in creating a home from home environment for the service users coming to live with us.

Cathy Blunt

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 1996

I am employed at Autumn Lodge as the Deputy Manager.
I have been employed at Autumn Lodge since 1996.
I hold an NVQ level 3

Alison Ayres

Job Title: Senior carer

Joined: 2009

I am employed at Autumn Lodge as a senior carer.
I have an NVQ level2, 3 and I have just completed the QCF level 5 qualification.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Autumn Lodge