Brockenhurst

46 Arundel Road, Littlehampton BN17 7DD

Owner: Mrs N Matthews

Person in charge: Norma Matthews (Owner/Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Italian

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £495 – £550 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £495 – £520 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Brockenhurst to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brockenhurst: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Brockenhurst is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brockenhurst in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.713 for Brockenhurst is calculated as follows: ( (80 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.713

The 4.276 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brockenhurst is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 7.6 positive Reviews (38 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 7.6 Target = 0.526

9 Brockenhurst has a Review Score of 9 (8.989) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brockenhurst?

Reviewer Connection to Brockenhurst

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

Dad moved into Brockenhurst because his Alzheimers caused him to have behavioural problems.

Every member of staff at Brockenhurst cared for dad with respect, kindness and great affection. This resulted in a substantial decrease of his anxiety and overall calmer behaviour.

My family will always be grateful to all the staff at Brockenhurst for looking after dad so well and for making us all welcome to visit anytime and for the tea and biscuits.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Brockenhurst since March 2016. I have never seen her happier. She suffers from dementia but is cared for by all the staff at Brockenhurst with love and care.

Please look beyond furnishings etc. The staff make this home a happy place to be. They are patient, hard working, very caring, knowledgeable and know each resident well.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

Forget the QCA results, this home is lovely. Every time I visit, my mother is always happy and the staff are very attentive.

I was worried about my mother going into a home but since she has been at Brockenhurst, I realise it is the best place for her and I wouldn't want her to be anywhere else. They look after her so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

I currently live abroad so wanted a care home that I could completely trust and visit at any time when I am in the UK. Brockenhurst is run in a very caring and professional manner. All the staff, from the top down, are extremely sensitive towards the residents' needs.

My mum preferred to stay in her room a lot of the time which was respected and the staff made regular checks to ensure she was happy, well fed and drinking regularly. My mum lived there over a year and whenever I visited I was greeted by the same staff members. I felt this was important as they built a genuine rapport/friendship with the residents.

Personally, I could not fault Brockenhurst and the staff there. It was a real comfort to me, knowing my Mum was in a safe, caring community.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

The owner/manager and all staff have proven themselves to be totally committed to providing very good care to their clients. Although I can only refer specifically to my cousin - who - as an Alzheimer's sufferer had been cared for by 'Brockenhurst' over the last 11 years. All of their clients that one comes into contact with, support the statement. Unfortunately, my cousin recently passed away and the respect shown to me by the management and staff that I had contact with at this time, has been faultless. It happens that some years ago, I had an issue with my cousin where ultimately I had to take to the Court of Protection (nothing, I hasten to add, to do with the Care home or staff) however, the whole team at 'Brockenhurst' went 'above and beyond the call of duty' to assist me and in so doing to protect my cousin. They are a very dedicated team and my thanks go out to all of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

The matron is extremely helpful. Staff always aware of where people are and what they have eaten/done. Staff are always kind and helpful and pleasant. Residents are treated kindly and with respect. A great place for EMI patients.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident for four years in Brockenhurst care home before she died peacefully in July 2016. As a family, we found the care given to our Mum absolutely superb during this time. The staff were always attentive, respectful and caring of our mother and were also incredibly supportive to us as a family whenever we visited. My mum enjoyed the fun activities provided within the home and was well nourished by the wonderfully tasty home cooked food. There are three trained nurses in our family and we all cannot express our gratitude for the very high standard of end of life care that was given to our lovely Mum during the last four days of her life by all the staff. Thank you so much to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident in Brockenhurst for almost 9 years. After 3 years she was doubly incontinent and needed everything done for her. Eventually, she was completely bedridden. She had severe dementia and at all times during her 9 years stay, she was treated with dignity, gentleness and the carers took everything in their stride. I would definitely recommend Brockenhurst.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockenhurst? Extremely Likely

When Mum's condition deteriorated we moved her from another, well respected care home to Brockenhurst.
She was significantly happier at Brockenhurst, settled in very quickly and was provided with a warm and loving home for her last few years. I am happy that she had the best possible quality of life as a result of the move.

Submit a Review for Brockenhurst

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Brockenhurst

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brockenhurst