Hollywynd Rest Home

5/9 St Botolph's Road, Worthing BN11 4JN

Owner: Techcrown Ltd

Person in charge: Louise Kbies (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £375 – £650

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hollywynd Rest Home: click here

8.4 Hollywynd Rest Home has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.367)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Hollywynd Rest Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hollywynd Rest Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.492 for Hollywynd Rest Home is calculated as follows: ( (37 Excellents x 5) + (14 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 59 Ratings = 4.492

The 3.875 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hollywynd Rest Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.375

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hollywynd Rest Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hollywynd Rest Home

My mum was at Hollywynd Rest Home and I can't begin to explain how lucky I feel that the home was recommended to me having no previous experience. My mum was truly cared for during a very difficult time for us. The staff were wonderful with my mum (and to be honest with me too!) - even the chef would make things for mum if she wanted something that wasn't on the menu. I cannot recommend the home highly enough and although it was a very sad time for us, I know I couldn't have looked after her better myself. Thank you to everyone there for your kindness towards mum and your support for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Hollywynd Rest Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home, warm, friendly and attentive to the resident's individual needs.
Nothing is too much for the staff and the manager is fabulous as well as super helpful.
I spent lots of time visiting different homes for my grandmother nothing came even close to this one and the daily meal menu is also superb, one of the best I have seen.

How likely would you be to recommend Hollywynd Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My mother had to go into a rest homes last December because she was no longer able to care for herself. She was welcomed into Hollywynd by all the staff. They were kind and courteous and very respectful. In short they are a lovely team of people who have make time for her so she never felt rushed. My mum was comfortable well looked after, her clothes were kept clean as were the surroundings. Both my sister and myself felt happy in the knowledge that our mum was so well cared for it was a pleasure to go and visit her.

The manager kept us well informed about any health and welfare issues that occurred during her time there. The manager always had time for us if we had any queries. She also held relative meetings to keep us informed about the running of the home which is very informative.

We are really happy with the service at Hollywynd and would have no hesitation in recommending them. Thank you to the Manager and the team.

How likely would you be to recommend Hollywynd Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My father had a short stay at Hollywynd, but during that time the home organised his 103rd birthday.
He had a most enjoyable afternoon with the Mayor, residents, staff and friends, and the cook provided afternoon tea and a birthday cake.
My father continued to enjoy the meals up to his passing.

The manager kept me fully informed about my father, and was always available to chat if I phoned. She was friendly and approachable.
He became more frail while there and the staff responded well to his increased needs.

I would like to thank all the staff for their hard work and kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend Hollywynd Rest Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

My mother and stepfather have been resident at Hollywynd for nearly 6 months, and I have been delighted with quality of care, understanding & consideration shown to them as a couple by all of the staff at the home. They have welcomed me as much as my parents, and have done everything to make the transition from their own home to a care home as smooth and stress free as possible. I am extremely grateful to all of them for their patience, hardwork and dedication, in what must be a very difficult role always undertaken with a smile.
I am welcome to visit whenever I like, I have been able to personalise the room to make it more homely, and am often there at lunchtime to sit with my parents over dinner.
The food is of a very high standard, and all the residents seem happy with the food - in fact my mum has put on weight for the first time in about 10 years.
The new manager, and her team should be very proud of the work they do, in caring for our elderly. I have nothing but praise for all of them and wish I could personally thank them all.

Submit a Review for Hollywynd Rest Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hollywynd Rest Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hollywynd Rest Home