The Salisbury Residential Home

20 Marine Crescent, Great Yarmouth NR30 4ET

The Salisbury Residential Care Home is ideally situated on the seafront in Great Yarmouth, opposite waterways.

It offers single and shared accommodation, some with en-suites.

There are specially designed bathrooms to enable all residents to have a bath or shower as they wish.

The care home is for people who require residential care and for those with dementia. All of the staff are trained to a high standard to meet residents' needs and requirements.

Every resident has a person-centred care plan to ensure, it provides the highest quality of care specifically for them whilst taking into account their individual needs, hobbies and interests.

There is a designated activities person who organises daily activities and outings to promote the residents well being.

Its main purpose is to provide a high level of care in a person-centred way, while promoting residents' dignity and independence at all times.

Owner: Dr Sunita Nagpal and Partners

Person in charge: Sunita Nagpal (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 31 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Schizophrenia

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Portuguese

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Salisbury Residential Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for The Salisbury Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Salisbury Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.687 for The Salisbury Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (150 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 201 Ratings = 4.687

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Salisbury Residential Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.2 positive Reviews (31 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 6.2 Target Reached = 1

9.7 The Salisbury Residential Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.687) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Salisbury Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Salisbury Residential Home

On my mum going into Salisbury, as her home was closed down, the care that Mum received was second to none. All the staff and management were excellent. Sadly Mum lasted only ten days.
The care I got after Mum's passing was excellent.
I would recommend highly for people to go to Salisbury.
Thank you very much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Salisbury Residential Home? Extremely Likely

Sunita Nagpal, Owner at The Salisbury Residential Home responded to this review on 07 May 2018:

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and will pass on to the staff. Very much appreciated.

When we walked into the home we could feel that it was a very good atmosphere.
After speaking to the doctor, I had a look around, I was very happy with what I saw. It was very clean and tidy and I could also see that the residents were very happy, the staff were very nice also.

My mum moved to The Salisbury 6 months ago after a very difficult time in her own home. Having visited other homes this one is exceptional! The home is clean bright and has a happy atmosphere. The staff are wonderfully caring and make all of us visitors very welcome.
Music days are a must if you want to see the place come alive! There is definitely a family feeling here and always someone to talk to which is so important to someone like my mum. She is in the advanced state of dementia and is safe and very well looked after. I can't thank all of the staff enough for everything they do and we are so lucky our mum is in The Salisbury.

I took my husband into The Salisbury for respite. On walking in I noticed how lovely and fresh it smelled. I was accompanied right around the Salisbury by the manager.The place is spotless and very clean. I was very impressed. All the staff were so nice, everyone we passed spoke and smiled. I saw first hand how they treated the residents.Excellent, kind and caring. My husband said his food was very good. I was there on the music afternoon.All the residents got involved, it was lovely to see them enjoying it, with the staff interacting. Good fun activities. So to the owner of this care home, you are doing a great job. Couldn't fault it at all. Next time my husband has to go into care, for respite, I will choose The Salisbury. And well done to your lovely manager and all the hardworking staff.

I have always found the staff are very helpful. Always let us know what's happening and makes up feel very welcoming when we are there.

My dad is very well looked after. The carers are very good at their job. Overall I haven't got any problems with the home or staff. They are the first to let me know if my dad needs me.
I would recommend them to others.

My mother has been at this care home for a year (having moved from a home that offered very little in the way of proper care) and my family and I are amazed at the difference in my mum. She has quite advanced dementia but the staff at The Salisbury make sure that she achieves as much stimulation and enjoyment from her day to day living as she possibly can. They are the most thoughtful, respectful, considerate people. They work as a team and nothing is too much trouble.

My mum was in another nursing home and the standard of care was dreadful and dangerous. Meals were rushed, forgot to give her a drink and left her in a darkened room. It was a nightmare.

So we moved her to The Salisbury Residential Home in July 2016. The care and staff are so wonderful, the staff are thoughtful and really do care about the residents. Mum is clean, fed and well looked after. I'm 100% satisfied, it was the best thing I ever did moving her here.

I have visited The Salisbury Residential Home on numerous occasions and it is always clean, the staff friendly and know everything about how my friend is getting on.
The standard of care is excellent and the food looks delicious. The staff are wonderful, hard working, friendly and thoughtful. They are really dedicated to the job.
Where my friend was before, I used to worry, not here. She is safe and well looked after.

Sunita Nagpal, Partener at The Salisbury Residential Home responded to this review on 08 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your very positive feed back and we continue to provide the best standards of care with improvements as we go along.

The family cannot thank the staff at The Salisbury enough for the loving care they gave to my father-in-law in the last six months of his life. They became his family and ours too and we will miss them all!

Sunita Nagpal, Proprietor at The Salisbury Residential Home responded to this review on 27 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words for the staff, we appreciate that.

Staff amazing. My aunt was well cared for and enjoyed her 2 weeks stay. Friendly environment. Beautiful position overlooking seafront. All the care staff clearly enjoy their jobs. Would definitely book a respite stay here again if needed. Food looked lovely.

My mother has been in The Salisbury for 8 years and in that time have always been treated with dignity, respect and in a caring manner by all staff.
Her needs are met in a considerate way. I am extremely happy when the care she has received.

It appears to me that the staff are very caring. The Care Coordinator and the Team Leader are extremely professional and have the residents best interests at heart. The care home is clean and presented to a reasonable standard. I would like to see more therapy, some classes, painting, crafts etc.

How likely would you be to recommend The Salisbury Residential Home? Likely

Jodie Hemmings, Registered Manager at The Salisbury Residential Home responded to this review on 19 May 2017:

Thank you for your time in completing the survey and your feedback. I am pleased to note that you recognise the hard work and dedication of the staff.
With regards to activities, we endeavour to ensure that activities are offered on a daily basis presently. Crafts and painting is an activity that is enjoyed by some of the service users on a regular basis. I acknowledge that there is room for improvement in this area and we are currently looking into a better system for activity planning.

My mother-in-law has been a resident for a couple of years now. My mother-in-law is very cared for and happy in her home, they cater well for her diabetes and celiacs disease. My mother-in-law needs round the clock care as she has no movement to her left side. Very clean and safe environment for her helped by medical support when needed. I have been asked my thoughts by others in the area and one also admitted her family member for care here. Good friendly staff.

While staying at the residential home it really opened my eyes what a food job the people are doing to help the residents. The food is excellent and everything seems to be going well.

Throughout the numerous times I travelled down from Scotland to visit my brother whilst residing at The Salisbury Residential Home, I found the staff to be very helpful and courteous at all times. There was a high standard of cleanliness and my brother enjoyed his meals. At my last visit, he appeared to have put on some much-needed weight. I phoned my brother regularly (once or twice a week) and the staff always handed the phone to him. I was happy with the with the care he received and was sorry when we decided to seek a more independent living. I felt he was safe, secure and well cared for in The Salisbury Residential Home

My wife spent 2 weeks respite at the Salisbury and was treated with much compassion and in a dignified manner. The staff had a world of knowledge and were polite and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you to them all.

Submit a Review for The Salisbury Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Salisbury Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Salisbury Residential Home