The Manor Residential Home

28 Church Street, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 8FB

The Manor offers a comfortable environment for older adults in need of skilled residential care. Objectives are established through focused needs assessments, enabling carers to deliver a person-centred service.

This charming property has been lovingly refurbished to suit a homely retirement as well as the practice of modern care, carried out by qualified professionals who are up-to-date with sector techniques.

The home has large gardens and care capabilities have also benefited from purpose-built extensions.

The extension in 2016 has introduced Porcelanosa en-suite rooms on the first floor, new reception area, atrium with skyline views, state-of-the-art Paxton Net2 security and Intercall 600 nurse call system.

Owner: Manor Residential Home (Arnold) Ltd

Person in charge: Steve Benson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 27 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £800 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Manor Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Manor Residential Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for The Manor Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Manor Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.721 for The Manor Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (147 Excellents x 5) + (34 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 190 Ratings = 4.721

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Manor Residential Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5.4 positive Reviews (27 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 5.4 Target Reached = 1

9.7 The Manor Residential Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.721) from 16 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Manor Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Manor Residential Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

Called in to see my mother in law and the children from the local primary school were visiting to sing to the residents. What a joy it was! The home has close links with the school because the children had previously written to the residents asking about their memories of the second world war. Assistance had been given to the residents in order to write back with their memories. The residents seemed to come alive, you saw it in their faces when the children made their way around the residents shaking hands with smiles all around. My husband and I were quite overcome. A CD was played from when one of the residents was a singer and what a fabulous voice he had. The children including visitors were enthralled. Getting old and young together was a positive experience for both.

How likely would you be to recommend The Manor Residential Home? Extremely Likely

From the moment I walked through the door at The Manor, it felt so homely and welcoming. The staff are brilliant as is the manager. If you have a concern it is sorted out straight away. Mums room has been personalised so she feels at home. They put her pictures on the wall like at home. Today they customised her walking frame with artificial flowers, which is great as Mum loves her garden. The food is excellent and varied and presented nicely. The staff go out of their way to make the home the best it can be. My Mum is so happy. Thank you all.

On visiting my Aunt today, I found the staff warm and welcoming. Fabulous facilities, home from home. And was spotlessly clean.

A residential home with kind, caring and professional staff. My mother recently had a severe chest infection and spent 2 weeks in bed. A thoughtful member of staff phoned me to say they had managed to get her out of bed and into the lounge and would I like to go and see her while she was up.

The staff are caring, friendly and treat mum with care and fun. It is difficult for me to comment on the food as I do not eat it but for this reason, rated 'good' below. The entry system is hit and miss, I understand staff are busy and this is not a criticism of them but it can be quite some time to enter into the lobby and then quite some time to actually get access via the second door. In poor weather, this is uncomfortable. How about cards for frequent visitors?
Better signs on the toilet doors would be beneficial. I am constantly asked by residents including mum which room is the toilet. Put a picture on the door.

How likely would you be to recommend The Manor Residential Home? Likely

Hitesh, Director at The Manor Residential Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your feedback, we understand door access can be an issue, we are currently looking at ways to change this.

The greeting from the staff on my daily visits to see my sister (age 84) is brilliant. They treat the residents as though they are family members, myself I feel at home there. The staff sing and dance with residents and it can be seen that the residents are quite happy to be there. My family have obviously chosen the right place for my sister to be in.

My mother receives excellent care.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional.

Nice room.

Very responsive to any issues.

Excellent manager.

Good value compared to other facilities we considered.

My mother has resided at The Manor Care Home in Arnold since January 2017. Having fallen and broken her hip, my mum was no longer able to live on her own, as daily living tasks had become too much for her.
Since living in The Manor, have peace of mind as I know that my mum is being well looked after, and she loves the food.
Following a fall earlier this month, one of the members of staff, went the extra mile to help my mum. We sourced some slippers that we thought would be suitable as they were wide fitting and had velcro fastening, however, the helpful member of staff demonstrated that both sizes that we had purchased were unsuitable due to one pair putting to much pressure on my mum's swollen feet and the other pair being too loose.
On her day off searched the internet for us as found some slippers that were ideal, very wide fitting and put no pressure on my mum's feet. We as a family were delighted with this is a perfect example of the quality of care my mum receives at The Manor Care Home.

My father recently had two weeks respite at The Manor Residential Home. It was a difficult time for our family and we found the staff at the home were brilliant, providing fantastic care for my father, they were very encouraging and we all felt comfortable and welcome. The home was very clean and the staff all seemed happy in their work. Dad really settled and was treated very well and eat more than we could get him to eat. Thank you to all at the home.

The Care Home is clean and staffed by competent, caring and empathetic staff. The management is helpful and their communication with residents is excellent. The food is good and there are regular services of drinks.

Hitesh Chavda, Director at The Manor Residential Home responded to this review on 08 May 2017:

Thank you for your review this is much appreciated. We continue to work hard to ensure residents are happy with their environment and provide good quality food and are now using a very good local butcher.

During the last 8 months since my mother has been at The Manor, we have built up a good relationship with all the staff. They are all friendly and take the time to speak to us when we visit.
The owner is always working towards improving the facilities inside and out, which is reassuring.
I feel that my mother's needs are all being met in a safe and caring environment.

HITESH CHAVDA, Director at The Manor Residential Home responded to this review on 27 Apr 2017:

We would like to thank you for bringing mum to stay at The Manor. We appreciate your valued comments and will continue to make ongoing improvements to the home even after having done a major extension! Thank you from us all at The Manor

The home is friendly and allows self-determination. Staff are very nice but busy. Sometimes requests to go to the toilet are not dealt with very promptly (could be that it takes 2 staff and need the rotunda) but this is a bit of a worry. Mum's nails are sometimes long and dirty. However, most of the staff are lovely and very pushed. Helpful that animals are allowed to visit.

Hitesh Chavda, Director at The Manor Residential Home responded to this review on 21 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your review. We have discussed the concerns about toileting with the family now and understand staff can be busy sometimes but usually do deal with residents as soon as they finish helping other residents. We have also advised the family that if they still have any concerns then to advise staff and management immediately. The Nails lady does try to cut Mum's nails but usually, mum refuses to have them cut. We do feel we are adequately staffed but will review staffing if required. We also discussed the rating on Activities and did explain that we do activities every morning and have outside entertainment every month, in addition to volunteers coming weekly. However, we have taken comments on board and will continue to make activities better all round and try to get residents to go out when the weather improves. We have even built a new fish pond for residents when they go out.

My mother has been a resident at The Manor for three years.
The staff have always treated Mum with respect and dignity. I can't praise them enough. From the domestic staff to management, they are always available to assist me and help with any queries.
I would be more than happy to be a resident at The Manor but hopefully not in the foreseeable future.

Carers are very helpful and the overall standard is very good. They could do with a few more carers as they get very busy. Food is very good, lovely selection and will offer different meals if don't like what is available. Facilities are very good.

Hitesh Chavda, Direcotr at The Manor Residential Home responded to this review on 23 Aug 2016:

Thank you for the review. We are recruiting more staff and appreciate at times we get busy. We do believe however that we have sufficient care staff. As mentioned we are still planning to increase staffing with new beds getting filled.

I'm relieved and confident that my mum is in The Manor. She is very happy here and her health is starting to improve too. The Manor is immediately opposite to where she used to live, so this is an added bonus and makes it easier for her to receive visitors. The owner and all the staff are very friendly, efficient and always looking after the in mates, in an easy going but thorough way. Thank you.

I was extremely anxious about placing my mother into a care home, however, from the very first day my mother has been treated with kindness and patience, any medical treatment thought necessary is arranged promptly and the family is kept informed throughout. I visit regularly on different days and at various times and no matter which staff are on duty there is always a pleasant atmosphere. I would have no problems recommending The Manor Residential Care Home to anyone.

Submit a Review for The Manor Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Manor Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Manor Residential Home