Marina Care Home

109 Leyland Road, Southport PR9 0JL

Marina Care Home is nestled between Southport golf club and Marine Drive, benefiting from idyllic ocean views. The home is located within beautifully maintained front gardens and a private landscaped rear garden.

The property maintains many of its original features including elaborate cornice details to ceilings, mahogany stairways and high ceilings in rooms flooded with natural day light from large bay windows.

The home offers residential, respite, convalescence and day care. Residents are cared for by friendly and professionally trained care teams who take time to get to know each person individually and tailor make a bespoke plan of care around them.

The location of the home allows for convenient access to the beautiful natural surroundings of Southport, from ample parks, to the seafront and beaches together with shopping and leisure attractions.

Group: Prime Care (GB) Ltd

Person in charge: Lea Jones (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 33 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Marina Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Marina Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Marina Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.604 for Marina Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (95 Excellents x 5) + (36 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 139 Ratings = 4.604

The 4.909 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Marina Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.6 positive Reviews (33 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 6.6 Target = 0.909

9.5 Marina Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.513) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Marina Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Marina Care Home

• Father of Resident/Service User

I have been to visit my relative in the home on many occasions. I have found the staff to be polite and respectful at all times. When I visit the home I am always greeted with a smile and the residents always look happy and content. The staff show great dedication to their work. The décor is of a high standard and always looks clean and tidy. I am offered to have a meal with my relative when I visit. The home has a good array of activities from chair exercises to singers.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother in law was a resident at Marina for a year. They have been absolutely wonderful to her throughout her stay.
The Manager and Operations Deputy Manager and all the staff work extremely hard to provide truly individualised care.
My relative sadly died this week. The staff were fully supportive of her wishes to end her life back at Marina and provided one to one care 24/7 until she passed away.
We have felt truly supported by the Manager and Operations Deputy Manager
- they cared for our relative so very compassionately.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

After a terrible time at another home, dad came here and we were slightly apprehensive after our previous experience. We had no need, as the staff at Marina Care Home welcomed him with open arms. They took time to understand him and he thrived here. He had a great last 6 months in a clean, happy place and thoroughly enjoyed his time in his room, the communal lounge and of course, the garden! The staff cared for him as if he was their own father. During dad’s last weeks they helped him and us with the utmost care and attention. I can’t praise the manager and all the staff enough for the 100% effort they put into looking after the residents in their care and their visitors!!

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was at Marina Nursing Home from May-November 2017 and he had the best care from all of the staff. He sadly passed away on November 14th and I can't fault the staff from day one to that sad day. They were the reason I spent my father's final 12 hours with him as they kept in contact with the family and kept us updated. We know that dad was comfortable and he felt at home. 2017 was a horrible year for the family but the staff always made us feel welcome and we witnessed such wonderful care and attention. I tried to visit every day and I never felt I was in the way no matter what time I went. They were so kind to me on my 'sad days' when I found the whole scenario so awful as he had deteriorated so much due to his illness.
I would highly recommend this nursing home if you are in the sad position of having to put a loved one in a home, you just don't know what you are letting yourself in for and worry about the right place for your family member so I hope this review helps.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

Marina Cre Home staff put 100% into their work and put a lot of effort into making the residents feel at home and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

Visiting my neighbours the first time distressed me, to see the extent of how Alzheimer's affects people. My neighbours were not so poorly and I felt a quieter place would have been better. However, I changed my mind on the second visit, as they were in a beautiful dining room, it was quiet and they were settled in. The staff were brilliant with them, caring and considerate and my neighbours walked me to the gate (they were being watched of course) but the staff allowed them their dignity to do this, which pleased them very much. I feel sure they will ask for respite at Marina again.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father moved to the care home after a short stay in hospital after a fall at home, he has early signs of dementia and recently advised he is now terminally ill.

All the staff at Marina have provided dad with a high standard of care and treat him with dignity and respect at all times.

As a family we would prefer him not to be in care, however, Marina Care Home is the best place for him.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

This home was recently taken over by new management (Care Quality Commission). Has certainly improved. Would like to make further comments in six months.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Likely

Marina Care Home has recently been taken over. Since then everything about the home has improved, decoration is much better, caring staff. The manager has done and is doing a fabulous job. My mum is much happier. Could do with a member of staff to be solely responsible of washing clothing freeing other stuff up.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came here from hospital after a fall and an infection. I was visited by the manager in hospital and was asked if I would consider staying at the home, I was asked lots of questions regarding my care. I have been in the home for 3 weeks. Staff have cared for me, I am walking, and have enjoyed my stay and am feeling better.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

In the 2 years I have been here I was only fairly happy, but after a recent change in management I am now very happy with every change that has been made. My family remarked the difference in me - and the warm atmosphere in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is very clean and comfortable. Very caring staff. Visitors are made welcome at any time. My friend has put weight on and is such happier than she was before. She is always nice and clean as is her bedroom. The only thing lacking is activities which is being planned at the moment.

How likely would you be to recommend Marina Care Home? Likely

Submit a Review for Marina Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Marina Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Marina Care Home