The Hawthorns, Wilmslow, Cheshire

The Hawthorns is a purpose-built residential care home, enjoying an excellent reputation and location in the heart of Wilmslow. The home is spacious and well maintained, with a number of pleasant indoor and outdoor spaces for residents to enjoy.

24 hour residential care, respite care and day care services are all provided by a caring and qualified staff team.

Group: Minster Care Group

Person in charge: Marie Sharpe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 39 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Hawthorns: click here

8.1 The Hawthorns has a Review Score of 8.1 (8.111)

The Review Score of 8.1 (maximum of 10) for The Hawthorns is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Hawthorns in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.983 for The Hawthorns is calculated as follows: ( (59 Excellents x 5) + (1 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.983

The 3.128 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Hawthorns is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 7.8 positive Reviews (39 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 7.8 Target = 0.128

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Hawthorns?

Reviewer Connection to The Hawthorns

I would just like to thank the manager and all his staff for looking after mum ... when she was at the Hawthorns for rest bite for 5 days. Mum loved it and we are hoping for mum to stay again in Sept, every member of staff had smiles on their faces and it put mine and my sister's mind at rest, as we were a little apprehensive as this is the first time we had done this but they made mum welcome from day one. Keep up the good work as I said previously we are hoping for mum to stay in Sept. Many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend The Hawthorns? Extremely Likely

When my mother resided at your home, I was very satisfied with the care she received. She was treated like royalty which I appreciated very much in her final weeks. All the staff loved my mum and she loved all of them. I live in North Wales and it was wonderful that I didn't have to worry about my mum. If I needed to know anything, the staff would let me know straight away and I was able to ring and enquire about mum every day and that also put my mind at rest. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend The Hawthorns? Extremely Likely

Marek Matuszczak, Home Manager at The Hawthorns responded to this review on 02 Sep 2016:

Thank you so much for this generous feedback. We are so pleased that you had peace of mind while your mum was with us, and that our team built such excellent relationships with her. It will mean a great deal to them that you have taken the time to provide these comments, and I will ensure they are passed on.

My Mother-In-Law has vascular dementia, and attends The Hawthorns for respite on a regular basis. She loves it here. The staff are outstanding and treat Mum with care, compassion and respect. The care manager is such a warm friendly person and nothing is too much trouble, he is always available to answer any questions I have. In my opinion The Hawthorns is outstanding. And as a former nurse I do not say this lightly.... The fact that she does not want to come home says it all really. A special thanks to all the girls who are involved in Mums care, without you life would be so much more difficult. Without a doubt having worked in a number of care homes throughout my nursing career, The Hawthorns excels in every way... Thank you everyone see you again soon.....

How likely would you be to recommend The Hawthorns? Extremely Likely

Marek Matuszcazk, Home Manager at The Hawthorns responded to this review on 15 Jun 2016:

Thank you so much for this most excellent feedback. Above all we are delighted to hear that your mother feels happy and secure when she is with us, and it's also reassuring to hear that we compare well to other providers. We will keep on looking to improve and support our customers the best we can.

I am being well cared for because I live alone and am not well enough to cook or look after myself, because I am ninety years of age and have no children or relatives living near me to help me.

How likely would you be to recommend The Hawthorns? Extremely Likely

Marek Matuszcazk, Home Manager at The Hawthorns responded to this review on 14 Jun 2016:

We're delighted to hear that you are feeling well cared for at The Hawthorns and will be doing our best to ensure this continues long into the future! Thank you very much for your great feedback.

Friendly and obliging greetings by all staff. Caring attitude to person I visit. Very good food for residents. Happiness of the residents I speak to. Cleanliness of my friend's room, cleaners always popping their head round the door to attend to the room. Attentive nursing care by staff. Matron held in high esteem by my friend in the home. Special thoughts by matron and staff organising a very special birthday celebration for my elderly friend. Very approachable manager, listening to my comments humbly. Respectful care to my elderly patient friend by ALL staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Hawthorns? Extremely Likely

Marek Matuszcazk, Home Manager at The Hawthorns responded to this review on 06 Jun 2016:

We were delighted to read your review and so pleased to hear that you and your friend have had such positive experiences at The Hawthorns. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback and we will be doing our utmost to ensure we continue to live up to expectations. Thanks again.

Submit a Review for The Hawthorns

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Hawthorns

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Hawthorns