Arranmore Park Rest Home

100 Square Lane, Lathom, Burscough, Ormskirk L40 7RQ

Arranmore Park Rest Home looks to combine the benefits of professional care with support for an active lifestyle.

The interior has tasteful furnishings and staff are trained to quality care standards. A good diet is supported with nutritious meals and special needs are catered for.

There is a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and staff are on hand 24 hours a day. Temporary respite packages are available and the home is wheelchair accessible.

Owner: Arranmore Park Ltd

Person in charge: Beverley Abraham (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Private and Local Authority referrals. Ages 55+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Arranmore Park Rest Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Arranmore Park Rest Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Arranmore Park Rest Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.57 for Arranmore Park Rest Home is calculated as follows: ( (87 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 128 Ratings = 4.57

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Arranmore Park Rest Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7 positive Reviews (35 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 7 Target = 1.000

9.6 Arranmore Park Rest Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.570) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home?

Reviewer Connection to Arranmore Park Rest Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

My mother has been a resident in this care home for nearly 2 1/2 years. She has always been treated with respect and consideration. The staff are always friendly to both residents and visitors. I am kept informed of any change in my mother's condition and this is discussed with me. She is well looked after. She really enjoys the entertainment when there is a sing-along.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

During my stay in Arranmore I have been treated with great respect by all the staff carers. I have no complaints to make.
The food is good, very enjoyable. No complaints at all.
My stay has been really wonderful and for having me in Arranmore nothing to complain about.
Thank for having me.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Likely

The thing that impresses me is the kindness of the staff. I am so pleased my friend is cared for so well. The manager is always friendly. She knows all residents very well and makes sure they are well cared for. I look forward to my visits to Arranmore.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

I love being here we are a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

We feel that mum has found a new family. The care staff do just that 'care'. She gets lots of help with a friendly smile. The management pave the way by showing lots of laughter and friendly banter. Couldn't be happier with the care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

I have some very very good care staff and they are for me very well and make me happy. I would not hear a word against Arranmore it is a wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is just short of 100 years old and immobile. She has been a resident here for 3 years. She prefers to stay in her own room and is very comfortable, staff pop in on her all the time for a chat and a joke. Her room is always kept clean and tidy as is my mother, has her hair done every week. She is given the choice of what she wants to eat and because of her age, they try to accommodate her needs. The whole family are very happy with the care she receives and I am always made to feel welcome when I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My stay was delightful. The home was warm and comfortable with beautiful surroundings and furniture, along with the wonderful staff. The food was exceptional and I could have as much as I wanted. The manager was jolly but would always make sure the staff were looking after me well. She would come to see me and all the other residents every day. She told me it was the hotel of happiness and it really was.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My time spent in the home has been beneficial and the staff have a great sense of humour. Everyone would always be very helpful to me and make me feel safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Extremely Likely

Carers and staff were faultless, helpful and able to ask anything and they answered straight away. My only concern was the door to my relatives room was very stiff and handle high on the door and as my relative moves around in a wheelchair. Also, personal washing goes missing! Otherwise nice pleasant care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Arranmore Park Rest Home? Likely

Overall very happy with the care home my father's in. Staff always polite to me but just one or two my dads not keen on. I have been there at meal times some funny meals but they do say if the resident doesn't want what's on the menu they will make something else, which is usually something on toast, so easier to take some food/meals in for my dad but don't get me wrong they don't starve him. If I have any concerns they are only too happy to listen to me. I don't have a strong stomach so any unpleasant smells I must admit they do try to get rid of them asap. My dad's been there six months now If I wasn't happy he wouldn't have been in there that long.

Submit a Review for Arranmore Park Rest Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Arranmore Park Rest Home

Beverley Peters

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2012

Beverley has been a member of the Arranmore team since November 2012 but has been in the care sector for thirty five years and holds the following professional qualifications:-

RMA (Level5)
NEBS Business Management
CERT Ed
A1 Assessors Award
NEBOSH
AssCIPD

I care because I believe that people have a right to be recognised as unique individuals. People should be treated with respect and their views listened too. It is important to me that the service I run gives those receiving care the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of their care needs.

Arranmore Park Rest Home enables me to fulfil these values due to the support and commitment to quality care from the Proprietors. Both Mr and Mrs Robson visit the home on a weekly basis and fully support the team to provide a personalised, high quality service.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Arranmore Park Rest Home