Newfield Lodge, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire

Newfield Lodge has been re-designed and refurbished specially to provide the highest quality dementia care with innovative concepts and facilities to give enjoyment, interaction and stimulation to residents.

The home is based in the 19th century Edwardian town of St Anne's-on-the-Sea, a traditional seaside resort with floral displays, up-market hotels, a sandy beach, donkeys, a small pier, ice cream stalls and sand dunes nature reserve.

Newfield Lodge offers person-centred care to meet the needs of each individual, rather than a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach.

Staff are trained in dementia care, which has included taking part in the ground-breaking ‘virtual dementia tour’.

Newfield Lodge has an activity co-ordinator who ensures that meaningful and relevant activity is a daily occurrence at Newfield Lodge. This can include reminiscence activities and residents can also participate in activities outside of the home.

Memory stations throughout the Newfield Lodge help families to support their loved one and encourage them to live in the moment that they are in whilst embracing the memories that they have.

Staff teams at the home value each resident and work with residents' friends and families to build lasting relationships and ensure they have as much time as they require to meet resident’s needs.

Group: Lakeview Rest Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Nick Wood (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £600 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Newfield Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

We are on St.Andrews Road South between Wood Street and St Thomas Road

We have open visiting.

Onsite private parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Newfield Lodge: click here

posted 20 Nov 2017

This recently refurbished luxury dementia home has a limited number of vacancies.Please contact us for latest vacancies.

9.6 Newfield Lodge has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.592)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Newfield Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Newfield Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.654 for Newfield Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (109 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.654

The 4.938 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Newfield Lodge is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.4 positive Reviews (32 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 6.4 Target = 0.938

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Newfield Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Newfield Lodge

We were so unbelievably happy when we found Newfield Lodge for my father who suffers with Alzheimer's Disease as it really stands out from the rest. My mind was instantly put at ease upon meeting all the staff, in particular the managers, knowing that my father would be treated with the upmost respect, care and dignity. The extremely friendly and caring staff work tirelessly to make sure the residents are well cared for and nothing is too much trouble for them.

My first impression was that Newfield Lodge is managed professionally, which we as a family considered to be imperative. My father has settled in Newfield instantly and appears joyously happy with his new home, and has regained his lovely smile which he is well known for.

I cannot recommend Newfield Lodge enough. My father has a beautiful room, lovely meals, excellent activities and the best care I could ever have imagined. I cannot thank all the staff enough for the outstanding care they give to my father.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My husband has dementia and has been resident at Newfield Lodge since 27th May 2016. He has been very well cared for by all the staff. He can get very agitated but the staff deal with him in a very caring, kind way. He enjoys the food and I am pleased with the care and support that I receive, the staff keep me informed about my husband's health and wellbeing.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Our family have spent months trying to find the perfect care home for my grandfather, as we were unable to continue his care at home. Upon finding Newfield Lodge it was as if our prayers had been answered. My grandfather is treated with dignity, respect, and receives the most outstanding care from every single carer, who treat him like he is a part of their own family.

From his beautiful and safe bedroom, nutritious meals throughout the day, stimulating and enjoyable activities, to seeing him smile and being well looked after, we simply cannot fault them in any way.

I have visited many Dementia care homes in the area and Newfield is definitely one I would recommend to families who now have the struggle of putting their loved one in a home, as they made the transition, not only for my grandfather but our family as well, an extremely easy and comfortable one.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to all the staff for giving my grandfather the dignity, respect and love which he deserves.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum is well looked after and the staff are good. Management could be improved. In the 3 months mum's been a resident, it's now the 3rd manager at the home. The menu needs more variety as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Likely

Management: Poor

Newfield Lodge was recommended to us about 5 years ago. We are so pleased that we listened and used their services.

Our relative has worsened and now needs great care, which is provided by the Newfield Staff. They are so patient and kind to the service users and understanding too. Nothing is too much for them to undertake to keep the residents happy. The staff are very pleasant to visitors too.

I honestly would recommend Newfield to anyone. We, as a family, are genuinely very relaxed knowing the kind care being given to our relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted to Newfield Lodge some four years ago. Over this period, I found the staff very caring and approachable for all my mother's needs as she gradually slipped through the stages of dementia. I always felt she was cared for as a loved friend rather than an 'object'. I have no hesitation in recommending this care home to others. They also managed her transfer to a full nursing home very well.

Pete Wood, Director at Newfield Lodge responded to this review on 31 May 2017:

Michael,
Thank-you for taking the time to complete the survey. We really appreciate the feedback as it is one of the ways we can improve our service. We are so pleased that you had a positive experience. We will share the feedback with the team.
Regards,
The Newfield Team.

My 75 year old husband, who has recently been diagnosed with vascular dementia, stayed for four nights giving me a short respite. The staff were excellent at dealing with his requests and at times, challenging behaviour.
They dealt with him with humour, calming his anxieties and meeting his needs. He was happy to integrate and engage with other residents and their various disabilities in this happy and caring environment. He enjoyed his short stay and looks forward to returning soon.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident in new field lodge for some time now whom I visit on a regular basis, over the last few months I have noticed some very positive changes. The staff are happy any very welcoming this is lovely to see, the whole home has a fantastic homely feel about it, the staff although busy find time to sit and chat with the residents and spend time chatting to those residents who are feeling anxious. I love the fact that residents can explore with laptops and I pads it is very stimulating they also use dolls that are loved sand treated like babies, the whole atmosphere is amazing. My mum is in a fabulous place the best!!. I want to say a big thank you to the new management ,what a fantastic job you are doing, you are both angels intact all angels... thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

They don't have patients or clients at Newfield Lodge, they are one extended family, whose members receive the best in physical care and emotional concern. It has a warm and happy atmosphere with attention paid to each persons needs, and many activities designed to promote brain stimulation and contentment. I willingly praise their efforts to make their big family happy and needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

I went to visit my friend at Newfield on Good Friday. It was great to see my friend happy and up dancing to the singer, The staff had arranged for an Easter Bonnet parade. I am aware that a new management team have been brought in, what a difference this has made. The home feels alive and is full of fun. Well done to you all. Great day.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

The home gives my mother everything I could wish for all the staff extremely helpful and good to the residents. I feel that moving my mum from her previous care home has only given my mother the will to carry on. The management team have exceptional skills and are an asset to the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Excellent service by all staff. Five stars for both of the carers at Newfield Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Newfield Lodge? Likely

My wife was diagnosed with Dementia - when it became imperative she would have to have care home supervision, after searching the area we decided on Newfield Lodge, 'on initially a Respite basis', it was very daunting for my beloved wife to be struck down with this terrible condition at comparatively young age - moreover she is a very talented professional Cabaret Artist having appeared in clubs, theatres, and numerous times on national TV shows - I was very concerned how she would cope and visit every day 'I had many reservations at the outset' a new manager was employed at Newfield 'WHAT A DIFFERENCE SHE HAS MADE IN EVERY AREA' she is a very astute professional manager, who is constantly looking to improve/ upgrade the residents needs, her compassion to all is outstanding, she even brought DVDs in of my wife's favourite artists which inspired her, so many more improvements introduced have rubbed off on the excellent new team at Newfield. 'THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR KINDNESS'

Submit a Review for Newfield Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Newfield Lodge

Nick

Nick Wood

Job Title: Care Home Manager

Joined: 2000

I joined the Company officially in September 2000 when we were a much smaller group of two homes with a care offering of 48 bedrooms in total. I have literally worked my way up through the Company from the bottom. In my time with Lakeview I have been responsible for two extensions to Lakeview, the purchase and redevelopment of Newfield Lodge (including its recent shift in focus to dementia care) and more recently the design and delivery of The Moorings which has won ‘The Most Outstanding Care Home Redevelopment in the UK’ for 2014 and 2015.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Newfield Lodge