Penwortham Grange & Lodge

Martin Field Road, Penwortham, Preston PR1 9HL

Penwortham Grange & Lodge provides 24-hour residential care for 44 residents, while the separate Penwortham Lodge offers round-the-clock additional dementia support for 42 older residents.

The bedrooms are en-suite with modern amenities and services and have been designed with the comfort, privacy and independent lifestyle choices of residents in mind.

Residents can watch TV, relax in the quiet lounges or family room for more personal gatherings, or take a trip to the on-site hairdressing salon.

The home benefits from attractive enclosed gardens and a full programme of events and activities, which are organised by an activity coordinator.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Mellisa Thompson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 86 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Gujarati, Hindi, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

From Leyland Road, turn onto Studholme Avenue, Right on to Studholme Crescent, then 2nd left onto Moss Acre Road. Care Home at top of road on Martinfield Road.

Visitors welcome anytime.

Free on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Penwortham Grange & Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Penwortham Grange & Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Penwortham Grange & Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.794 for Penwortham Grange & Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (87 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.794

The 4.465 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Penwortham Grange & Lodge is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.2 positive Reviews (86 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 17.2 Target = 0.465

9.3 Penwortham Grange & Lodge has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.259) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Penwortham Grange & Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Penwortham Grange & Lodge

My mother has spent the last 12 months as a resident here, unfortunately, due to deterioration of her dementia, she has had to move as her needs cannot be safely met anymore. I wish to thank the staff for the care she has received. She was always clean, all meals freshly prepared and nicely presented. All the staff are friendly, caring and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Penwortham Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mellisa Thompson, Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Penwortham Grange & Lodge, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am very pleased to hear that you found all the staff to be friendly, caring and welcoming during your mothers’ stay with us.
Kind regards, Home Manager

Over the past few months, there have been changes to staff and this has resulted in the home improving greatly.
The current manager and staff really care about the residents and their families and cannot do enough for them.
My mum is a resident and dad visits her every day, he was 90 recently and the staff decorated the 'café' room and provided sandwiches, cakes and drinks so that we as a family could celebrate this milestone birthday with our mum.
It was really appreciated and we felt that the staff definitely 'went the extra mile'!
Thank you.

Mellisa Thompson, Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 26 Mar 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Penwortham Grange & Lodge, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you have noticed the improvements we have been making to our home. We very much believe that the residents are part of our family and it is gratifying to hear that your dad was not only encouraged to come into the home to spend his 90th birthday with his wife but that the staff went the extra mile with the decorations and by providing a selection of refreshments in celebration.
Kind regards.

We have used Penwortham Grange for the second time in four years having previously used this home for my mother-in-law in 2014. All staff are extremely caring and Mum was treated with great dignity. We are very glad that the last two weeks of her life were spent in such good care.

My mother was recently a resident of Penwortham Grange and the standard of care she received was excellent. The staff are all very professional and friendly and cannot do enough to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Even when my mother's condition deteriorated and eventually died, the staff continued to provide a high level of care right to the end which is very comforting and reassuring to the family.

Mellissa Thompson, Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 05 Mar 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Penwortham Grange & Lodge, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you found the care your mother received was excellent. We very much enjoyed getting to know your mother whilst she was with us, and we would like to once again offer our sincere condolences to you all.
Kind regards Mellissa Thompson, Home Manager.

I recommend the home as in my opinion its the best around. Its cleanliness is second to none. The staff and management are caring and patient and the needs of the resident are extremely important to them. Residents are made to feel welcome from the minute they enter the home. The resident's rooms can be adapted to their particular liking and personalised to feel like home. Mum has been in the home five years now and I am extremely happy with the way she is treated and looked after. She seems very content, happy and relaxed which makes me feel much better. Although Mum has deteriorated over the years, this has been taken into account and reviewed at regular intervals to adapt her care to her needs. Her room is en-suite which is an added bonus. Improvements are taking place all the time in the home which makes it a pleasurable place to be.

Melissa Thompson, Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 22 Feb 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Penwortham Grange & Lodge. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents so I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the way your mum is treated and that she is happy and content. I am also pleased to hear that you have seen big improvements in the home over the last few months .
Kind regards, Home Manager

I went to visit a friend and I found a good atmosphere in the home. I also felt the staff seemed very caring and hospitable.

My mother has settled into Penwortham Grange & Lodge very well. She has a lovely bright room and can do as she wishes with it. The staff are very attentive to her needs and also very happy and courteous. She enjoys the food though she wishes tea time could be a little later (5-5:15 pm, not 4:30 pm) as lunch is only 12:30 pm. My couple of criticisms are that perhaps the garden/furniture could be better tended as it is now used more. Also when trips are arranged, they should be followed through.

Andrew Thompson, Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 21 Jul 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review for the home. We are pleased that you are happy with the overall experience that your mother receives, and I will share your comments with the care team here.
Your feedback is valued, and we take on board your comments. We will certainly look into what we can do to address these points, and please do feel free to discuss these with me again.
Kind regards, Andrew Thompson, Home Manager.

We are very happy with all aspects of the home.

Andrew Thompson, Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Penwortham Lodge and Grange. I am happy to hear you are pleased with all aspects of care the home provides and thank you for the ratings of excellent. Kind regards

My mum has been in this home for quite a few months and I feel the need to inform you about the care she has received. I have never met such caring and compassionate people in my life. The staff have treated my mum like family and I can't thank them enough. It's a very hard decision to turn the care of a loved one over to strangers but the kindness of the staff made the transition so much easier. The CQC have only given this home a rating of good but from our experience they deserve an outstanding. I would highly recommend this home to anyone. Finally, I would like to thank all the staff for everything they have done for my mum, you are all superstars keep up the fabulous work.

Andrew Thompson, Care Home Manager at Penwortham Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
It is lovely to hear such positive words.
I am so glad that your mother is enjoying her stay and feels so at home.
Our staff do work hard to make sure the residents and their families are made to feel welcome and well cared for, so it is great to know that this is noted.
Thank you again.
Best wishes.

Submit a Review for Penwortham Grange & Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Penwortham Grange & Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Penwortham Grange & Lodge