Astor Court, Cramlington, Northumberland

Astor Court Care Home is located near the village of East Cramlington, with local shops and the new Northumbria Emergency Care Hospital only a short distance away.

The home is dual registered to provide residential and dementia care, including respite care and day stays.

Astor Lodge View nursing home is also located in the grounds.

Facilities include en-suite bedrooms, several large lounges, a coffee shop, hairdressing salon, cinema, games room and a bar where residents and visitors socialise.

The extensive grounds include large gardens to the front and back of the home and a small conservatory. Generous car parking is available.

A full programme of activities and events is available for the residents’ entertainment and the home maintains strong links with the local community.

A copy of the home's brochure is available to view instantly which you can access by clicking the 'Request a Brochure' button above and completing the form. Hard copies can be posted to you upon request.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Gaynor Mulreay (Acting Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 43 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Families and friends feel free to visit at any time of day. Upon addmission a secure passcode will be provided which will allow access to the building.

For new visitors, Astor Court operates an open door policy and a member of staff will be available at any time to show visitors around the home and answer any queries.

Ample parking to the front of the home

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Astor Court: click here

posted 13 Nov 2017

Ensuite bedrooms available, suitable for residential care and dementia residential care

9.1 Astor Court has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.068)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Astor Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Astor Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.487 for Astor Court is calculated as follows: ( (69 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 119 Ratings = 4.487

The 4.581 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Astor Court is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.6 positive Reviews (43 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 8.6 Target = 0.581

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Astor Court?

Reviewer Connection to Astor Court

My husband has had 2 weeks respite care at Astor Court. We cannot thank everyone enough for the amazing care and kindness shown by all the staff, nothing was too much trouble for them. My husband was very happy there, which gave me peace of mind. Thank you once again for everything you all did for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

Caring staff, good activities, looking after health, no worries.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

Because we live in France, it is not always possible to visit my Mam, but when we do, she always looks so well and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

My mother was understandably worried about entering Astor Court. From day one she settled well and has been made to feel a valued resident.
The staff are all very friendly and efficient. Rooms are kept clean and to a high standard. It is very pleasing for me to visit and see a very happy mother, enjoying her life and the friends she has made here.
It's a relief to have peace of mind that my mother is receiving the very best of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

Much improved over the last 4 months and the staff seem much better.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Management: Poor

My mother has been a resident of Astor Court for over 5yrs now, she suffers from dementia.
I have always been happy with my Mum's care. The staff are really great.
My only problem would be the laundry. Sadly my Mum's clothes are always creased and she looks so unkempt.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

Tara Mihaiela Groza, Home Manager at Astor Court responded to this review on 02 May 2017:

Thank you for your review and comments. We are happy to hear that you are happy with the care your mother has received during her stay and with the staff at our home. To address your comments regarding our laundry standards, we have recently made enhancements to our laundry service based on feedback from residents, staff and families, including introducing a separate laundry run for bed linens and towels and developing our laundry organisation and delivery methods, so we hope you will notice improvements very soon. If you’d like to discuss this further then please feel free to pop in and see me.

My mum came to Aster Court early in 2016 and has been so well cared for. She always looks well dressed with her hair done. Her weight is stable now that she has a regular routine. The family are always welcome which is important. The only minor fault is that mum has 'lost' quite a few items of clothing despite them being labelled. I would add that efforts have been made to find some things.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

It's a good place if you have to come into care. They look after me, good sense of humour, always keep me cheerful, or I keep them cheerful. Always have good when I want it.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

My Mam has lived at Astor Court for a year after her vascular dementia worsened. A year in which she has received great care and compassion from all the staff. It is very noticeable the staff treat her like one of the family which is very reassuring for us. We are kept well informed of any incidents that might have happened or if Mam is not eating so well etc. The food at Astor Court is well cooked, lovely and fresh. A lot of work is put in to ensure there is often some kind of entertainment going on in the home which the residents really enjoy. I was very impressed when the management decided to have a pet dog for the residents, it gives them something to take interest in and care about. The home is very clean, comfortable and in good repair.
I am so pleased there was a place there for my Mam and would have no hesitation in recommending Astor Court to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Astor Court? Extremely Likely

My second review. Astor Court still above and beyond the meaning of the words “Care” and “Home”

I live in the U.S. My sister visits mum twice weekly. I phone and email. My daughter phones and emails. I was in U.K. last year, and finally met Astor Court's exceptional Manager and excellent staff when I visited daily.

I use Skype for family. My sister bought a laptop and took it into mum to Skype. Mum was delighted seeing me, having the 3 of us in the room. The U.K. is 8 hours ahead of my time, so I was up from 2am onwards, chatting. A staff member joined us at one point. It was good to catch up with her.

Astor Court, without being asked, downloaded Skype, so I can Skype any day at more convenient times for me; for example 7am my time which is 3pm their time. Staff were trained in its use. I phone to say I'm going to Skype which gives them time to bring mum to the computer.

OUTSTANDING LOVING CARE for residents, and their families. It really is Mum's home.

Submit a Review for Astor Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Astor Court