Forrester Court, London, London

Forrester Court is a skilled nursing facility that looks after many elderly and younger patients, with a range of personal needs, together with many who suffer from dementia-related illness.

With 110 en suite rooms, this modern facility makes a massive contribution to the Paddington area, without any compromise on the person-centred care that those it cares for enjoy - whether on a temporary respite stay or looking to enjoyment their retirement there.

Staff take the independence of residents seriously, with personal choice and freedoms encouraged and services flexible to individual circumstance.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Shola Adedugbe-Adeyemi (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Westminster City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 113 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Westminster Council only. Ages 55+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Hindi, Nepali, Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Forrester Court: click here

8.2 Forrester Court has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.162)

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Forrester Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Forrester Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.6 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.529 for Forrester Court is calculated as follows: ( (104 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 172 Ratings = 4.529

The 3.633 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Forrester Court is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 22.6 positive Reviews (113 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 22.6 Target = 0.133

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Forrester Court?

Reviewer Connection to Forrester Court

My mother has been here for approximately 5 weeks. In that time she has been extremely well cared for. The staff have been kind and friendly and will go out of their way to help. They will stop to have a chat when they can. They have encouraged her to mix with others. They have looked after her medical needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

Initially, I was worried about my husband going to a care home, having read about abuse going on in various homes. I have absolutely no worry and cannot praise this home too much. The rooms are kept clean and the staff are so friendly and professional. I visit my husband twice a week and he is always very clean, including his clothes. The food is always varied and there is no problem. I cannot praise this care home too much.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

My mum, sister and I chose Forrester Court for respite care after very carefully considering several other homes.
Forrester - Regent Ward - has wonderful staff including the managers and carers and housekeeping.
They all take extra care to ensure the people in their care are looked after sensitively, with dignity and love.
However busy they may be, the staff always try to ensure the guests are their first priority.
Thank you for taking such good care of dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Likely

My father went into the nursing home for respite on 16/6/16 to give me, his daughter, a break after caring for him at home for many years. He was admitted permanently on the 5/10/16. My views on the home are that the staff are always friendly, helpful, kind and cheerful. They treat the residents with respect. I would love to be admitted if I was unable to care for myself. The home is clean, the food/drink is delicious, my father has a lovely room and is happy and content. There are many facilities to make your stay a comfortable one. Well done Forrester Court Nursing Home for providing an excellent service, never leave. Please please make sure the home is always funded.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

My sister has been in Forrester Care Home from April and I cannot say a word against the home. It is so good and the staff are excellent. All I can say is I would recommend Forrester Care Home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

The Richmond wing staff have always been warm, friendly, attentive and sensitive when needed. They have always kept me informed of any change in a situation regarding my mother. Though I love feeding and talking to my mother as often as possible, recently it has been very difficult to get here as often as I would like but the staff always make me feel welcome and give me a sense of comfort that she is being looked after by a group of professionals who care. Next best thing to family.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

My husband came into Forrester Court with advanced alzheimer's and needed 24 hour care - I only have praise for the place which is clean, comfortable and offers good accommodation. All the staff are considerate and treat patients with dignity and kindness. The place is not only bright but does not smell bad considering it is filled with incontinent people. They are all angels who provide comfort for the patients and the relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Likely

Very happy with the care and service that is provided by the home fantastic team.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

We are generally happy with the care our grandmothers receives. However recently there have been frequently changing members of staff. We were happy when there were regular staff members, consistency was good for our grandmother so she can be familiar with the people looking after her, but now there are different staff members all of the time. We would also like our grandmother to be more encouraged to take part in group activities as we think she will enjoy them.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Management: Poor

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Forrester Court responded to this review on 21 Jun 2016:

We’re very grateful for your feedback and I would like to assure you that we take all your concerns very seriously indeed. Since submitting your review I understand that you have been able to discuss your grandmother’s care with the home manager and I hope that you are now reassured. In regards to team changes we do understand how important consistency is for residents, but to maintain levels of care around team changes, holidays and illness this does sometimes mean different team members on a suite.
Of course, each resident has a detailed care plan to ensure that care remains to our high standards and new colleagues always work hard to build relationships with residents as soon as they start. In regards to activities, we have a detailed weekly activity plan that covers a wide range of interests and we support residents to continue to take part in the hobbies and pursuits that they love. Of course, if a resident does not want to take part in an activity, we respect their right to choose and would never dream of making someone take part if they did not want to.
I understand that your grandmother enjoys the spa activities every Friday and getting her nails done – of course, if there are other activities she would also enjoy that we do offer currently, we would be more than happy to look into this for you.
Thank you for taking the time to submit these comments and of course do let us know if you have anything else you’d like to raise and we’ll be more than happy to help.

As a family we are extremely happy with the care and support our mum receives from all the staff inc laundry in Victoria Gardens. We believe she is safe and secure and as happy as she can be in her circumstances. Staff are friendly and approachable- what more can we ask for?

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

The staff at Forrester Court work hard to provide a caring and supportive atmosphere for the residents. I visit the care home very frequently and I am always made to feel welcome. Staff are friendly and willing to discuss and deal with any issues or concerns that you may have regarding the care of your relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

Overall experience was excellent staff were caring and sympathetic could not have done any more for us. Mum spent her last days peacefully in nicest environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

I was so scared to put my mum in care but I had the best care, even my mum was very happy. We felt that we were surrounded by family members to support you all the way. Forrester Court have really professional staff and are there for you when needed. They all were there for us till the last minute. I still pass by to see my family. Love you all and god bless for all your hard work. I would not have got through it without you.

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident at the above care home since shortly after it's opening in 1999. As an almost daily visitor to the home during that time, I feel qualified to give an honest and insightful appraisal of my experiences. Over 16 years there are bound to be issues that need drawing attention to and addressing, but I can say with confidence that my experiences visiting have been overwhelmingly positive.
I have enjoyed a good rapport with the staff whose patience, professionalism and dedication to caring for vulnerable and on occasions very challenging residents, has won my respect and admiration. I am very happy with the standard of care delivered to my father and the greatest compliment that I can pay the home and staff, is that I do not worry about my fathers welfare in my absence, I am confident that he is being looked after extremely well!

How likely would you be to recommend Forrester Court? Extremely Likely

I am pleased my dad is at Forester Court, everyone has been very supportive and he is settling in very nicely.

Submit a Review for Forrester Court

December 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Forrester Court