Cherry Orchard

1 Richard Ryan Place, Past Castle Green Flats, Dagenham RM9 6LG

Cherry Orchard is a Dagenham care facility that looks after up to 40 residents, some of whom have mental health issues that are skilfully handled by an experienced team of well-trained professionals.

The home looks to promote as independent a lifestyle as possible amongst residents, supporting them amongst community life so they remain confident in their day-to-day living skills but with 24 hour access to carers.

Key workers and GPs visit the home regularly and local school and church groups are often involved with social events, much to the enjoyment of occupants.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Michelle di Bella (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Schizophrenia • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cherry Orchard: click here

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Cherry Orchard is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cherry Orchard in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.788 for Cherry Orchard is calculated as follows: ( (95 Excellents x 5) + (21 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 118 Ratings = 4.788

The 3.875 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cherry Orchard is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.375

8.7 Cherry Orchard has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.663) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cherry Orchard?

Reviewer Connection to Cherry Orchard

My parents have been in the home for nearly 4 years, sadly both died here but the care has been fantastic and I will never forget the care, patience and love given to them and the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

The care that my husband receives at Cherry Orchard is like what he would have received whilst at home with me.
Every member of staff is dedicated, very caring, patient and diligent.
Time is given to the residents including my husband and he is happy.
From the senior to junior staff - all hands on, smiling, welcoming.
Dementia is a cruel disease but the staff support me too in dealing with the pain and impact it has brought to my family.
I am very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

Having had my late father and sister in nursing homes, this home is absolutely the best. My brother receives top class care, he's well fed and watered and receives whatever his medical needs are promptly.

The home is always clean. The staff are diamonds, the care and detail to my brother's needs is the best that I've seen, their friendliness and professional manner are a credit to this home and my brother's care so much so that when we are not visiting him, I have no concerns to his welfare and that gives me and his family peace of mind.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

The home is always clean and tidy. Everybody is pleasant, my dad's clean shaven and dressed. He likes his meals and dessert and has a choice. The staff are friendly and well organised.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

My dad was placed in the Cherry Orchard just after Christmas last year. We had not even seen or heard of the home prior to my dad going there. But we were pleasantly surprised by the home, care assistants and management.
My dad was previously in respite care in another home and the care he got was inadequate and to be honest not good for my dad.
Cherry Orchard Care Home is like a breath of fresh air to us as a family and my dad. They are extremely caring and very genuine towards my dad and us. It is with great relief that my dad is being taken great care of and give the care and dignity that he so much deserves, whilst fighting this awful Dementia disease.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

Not having the opportunity to visit Cherry Orchard before my husband was moved to the home from the hospital I was very impressed with how it is run. The care and attention to the patients is second to none. Recently my husband was rushed into hospital with pneumonia and a UTI on his return the staff have looked after his needs beyond expectations. The staff are magnificent with patients they look after all their needs and are very caring. In fact, they can't do enough for them. It has a lovely homely feeling to it and when you visit you are made very welcome by staff and management.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

I had looked at a number of Care Homes but the minute I walked into Cherry Orchard it felt different. It was very welcoming and although secure the design of the building and garden gave a sense of freedom. The staff were friendly and to the point. Their professionalism shone through and I could tell this was more than a job to those I met. I felt this was a special Care Home and I am pleased they could accommodate Dad. He has settled in well and has a good rapport with the staff. Dementia is heartbreaking to see but the staff are always there not just for Dad but for us too. They are always looking at new ideas to keep the residents motivated and encourage relatives to suggest familiar interests or past activities that can be reintroduced. Thank you, Cherry Orchard, for all you do.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

A very good home with excellent staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

My mother is placed in Cherry Orchard and all I can say is how happy I am she is in this one. The home is just very relaxed and feels like home. All the staff and mangers are so friendly and helpful. I always walk away happy knowing my mum is being well looked after. I love this home very much and wouldn't change anything about it.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Orchard? Extremely Likely

Staff and managers of Cherry Orchard are just amazing, they make me feel at home every time I go and visit. I know my wife is well looked after at this home, everyone is just so helpful. It's a very clean and tidy home.
I wouldn't want my wife to be anywhere else than Cherry Orchard as that feel like they are a part of our family.

Submit a Review for Cherry Orchard

December 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cherry Orchard