Hadley Lawns Care Home

Kitts End Road, Hadley Highstone, Barnet EN5 4QE

At Hadley Lawns individualised care plans are offered for a range of requirements. From respite and convalescence to palliative, nursing and long term residential, care plans are tailored to suit personal need and circumstance.

A lovingly converted private residence, this accommodation makes the most of modern care technology, while providing comfortable interiors including a garden lounge and ensuite bedrooms where residents can relax and unwind.

A nutritious menu of food takes account of personal taste, with the chef taking pride in fresh and seasonal produce as well as supporting sound nutrition.

Residents are able to enjoy a variety of activities as well as regular shopping trips and days out.

Person in charge: Justina Kennedy (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Barnet Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 44 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh, Greek, Modern, French, Portuguese, Shona, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hadley Lawns Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Hadley Lawns Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hadley Lawns Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.317 for Hadley Lawns Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (60 Excellents x 5) + (69 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.317

The 4.909 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hadley Lawns Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.8 positive Reviews (44 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 8.8 Target = 0.909

9.2 Hadley Lawns Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.226) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hadley Lawns Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Partner of Resident/Service User

I have been a resident since December 2016 and occupy a single room. Hadley Wood 'Lawns' emanates a friendly and homely environment, is pleasantly decorated and well maintained. The staff are very caring and kind, however sometimes there is a noticeable shortage of staff. Overall I have been very well looked after. I look forward to the appointment of the new home manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Advisor at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 10 May 2018:

Thank you for your review and feedback - it is really appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you have been well-looked after and settled there.

I like my room and where it's situated. I like the food; very tasty. I like the carers, as they look after me nicely. The home is very friendly and down to earth and it's pleasant to live here.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Advisor at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 09 May 2018:

I am pleased to hear that you are happy at Hadley Lawns and well cared for. Thank you for posting your review.

Overall the staff are kind and work hard to look after myself and my husband.
On occasions, I find it hard to talk to them as their English can sometimes be poor and my speech is poor - owing to my Parkinson's.
All three of the activities coordinators are good. Their input makes a difference to my day.
My biggest complaint is the food. There is a choice but it is rarely hot or to my liking.
The dining room is kept nicely.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Adviser at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 04 May 2018:

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback about our home and I'm pleased that you enjoy the activities there.

Both parents are now living in this home. Choosing a home for them was one of the most difficult things I have done. We chose Hadley Lawns because it felt more like a home than a hospital.

Overall, Hadley Lawns has lived up to my expectations. The first three months were hard but as time goes by, you begin to build relationships with the staff and gradually come to trust them with the care of those you love and that once cared for you.

I have always found the management responsive and staff kind.

Like all other care homes the quality of care received is dictated by the staffing levels - when the permanent staff are on duty and the staffing levels good, the home runs smoothly but vice versa can also be true.

Residents are encouraged to spend time out of there rooms by three activity co-ordinators.

My mum struggles with the food (hence I have marked it poor).

I hope that the above helps you to choose the right home - it needs to be somewhere that you feel comfortable visiting.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Adviser at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your kind words about our home. We really appreciate feedback about our homes so we can ensure residents are happy and comfortable.

I am very happy with the care my aunt receives at Hadley Lawns. The manager, nurses and carers deliver a very good service, nothing is too much trouble.
Hadley Lawns is very homely and my aunt is treated with dignity.
Thank you, five stars.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 12 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and staff.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. They are looking after my nan very well and my family as well. I have children and I feel very comfortable bringing them with me as we are made to feel comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 05 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear about your positive experience and I'm sure that your children enjoyed going to visit their great grandma as well.

I am very fortunate to be able to place my Aunt in Hadley Lawns Care Home. From July 2017 her care has been second to none. All the staff are fantastic and very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home.

I am very satisfied with the care my mum gets at Hadley Lawns.
The manager, nurses and carers are always very attentive, caring and deliver a very good service.
Nothing is too much for them.
When I have raised any issue it is dealt with very quickly.
The activities provided for the residents is excellent.
They really make such a difference to the well-being of everyone.
There is something going on every day, morning and afternoon, and they encourage everyone to participate.
Hadley Lawns is very homely.
My mum is treated with dignity and is very settled here.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your Mum seems to have settled at the home and that there are lots of different things for her to take part in I hope you have peace of mind knowing that she is being looked after and if there was anything they would be in touch and let you know.

My partner is looked after satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

- Staff are helpful and considerate.
- Good interaction.
- Understanding of mother's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jun 2016:

Comfortable home with very friendly staff, however does sometimes appear to be a lack of staff as we sometimes struggle to find anybody to help us. The room is occasionally left messy with food down my husband and over the floor. Aside from this, they look after my husband very well and my family and I are overly happy with the care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadley Lawns Care Home? Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Hadley Lawns Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jun 2016:

This is the third time my mother has stayed here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. I can leave her here and have a break without worrying, knowing she is well cared for.

Submit a Review for Hadley Lawns Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hadley Lawns Care Home