Robertson Nursing Home, Godalming, Surrey

Robertson Nursing Home in Godalming, is a warm and welcoming nursing home set in landscaped gardens in a leafy residential road close to the beautiful Surrey Hills countryside but also within easy reach of Godalming, Guildford and the A3. The nursing home offers a compassionate approach to the personal care and attention of older people, giving them real quality of life in a homely setting.

Accommodation is provided in single rooms, many with ensuite facilities.

Robertson Nursing Home is part of Beritaz Care, a dynamic family-owned group with extensive experience and a reputation for providing the high level of care and support that they would want for their own relatives.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspected Robertson Nursing Home in July 2016 and rated it as Good in all respects.

Visitors to the home are welcomed at all times, although those wishing to meet the manager, should contact the home in advance to ensure that they are available.

Group: Beritaz Care

Person in charge: Penny King (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Robertson Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Robertson Nursing Home: click here

9.6 Robertson Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.581)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Robertson Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Robertson Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.581 for Robertson Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (137 Excellents x 5) + (66 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 215 Ratings = 4.581

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Robertson Nursing Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Robertson Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Robertson Nursing Home

With my brother, we visited a number of care homes before choosing Roberton Nursing Home for our mother, as we felt that she was no longer able to live alone. For us, Robertson Nursing Home ticked many boxes. We feel strongly that what matters most is human care, kindness and respect of residents dignity. The staff are warm, friendly and very patient. They definitely have a sense of humour too.
The management and nursing staff seem very competent. It would be great if it was possible to let residents have more access to various facilities for stimulation.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother had been a resident for just over a year before her death in July. The care she received was first class. Staff at all levels treated her as they would their own family, and my mother loved it there. Despite occasional challenging behaviour on my mother's part, the love given to her was unwavering. Her death was handled with love and dignity. I can't speak highly enough of the home as a whole.

Activities: Don't Know

I visited my mother to celebrate her birthday and was a little disappointed with her appearance. I raised this problem with the manager and the matter was dealt with straight away to my satisfaction.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother seems really happy and is always telling me how wonderful the carers are and they are. They all seem to care about me when my family has suffered a series of medical problems. They tell me they can look after my mother. I have to look after those at home. They are always so cheerful.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Following four operations on her hip in a month, my mother could not return to independent living. She arrived at Robertson before Christmas 2016. Initially, she was a very reluctant resident and was very unhappy. However, the care and after time given by a member of staff (even when she was at her most challenging) means that she has settled in so much better than expected. The happy atmosphere has made Robertsons an important part of the lives of my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother enjoys the comfort and friendliness offered, feeling secure and cared for. Every room is individual and residents are encouraged to live with as many familiar items of furniture/pictures as possible to make it as homely as required. She arrived feeling lonely and with little self-esteem - now enjoying the company of other residents and staff, feeling much part of the community with the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Robertson Nursing Home is an excellent home from home for Mum, who has been a resident there for over four years. She feels safe, secure, well fed and cared for in this homely environment. The staff are all lovely, compassionate and caring which reflects the positive approach to training and building a care team established by the manager. Mum is treated with dignity and sensitivity, and the correct procedures were followed when she needed deprivation if liberty. Communications from Robertson are always timely and good. Medicaments are administered properly and the care staff always ensure Mum is very presentable. As a son, I have been very satisfied and Mum has been very happy with all aspects of Robertson Nursing Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

An excellent experience with first rate staff - supportive, responsive and understanding. Good at consulting patient re way forward. Chef/cook consults each day regarding my diet and offers a flexible response.

This is my third period of recuperation - and confirms my high opinion of this nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was only resident at Robertson Nursing Home for 6 weeks. It was her very first time in a nursing home apart from a short stay in a very large modern home. She found Robertson Nursing Home to be a very homely welcoming place to be and was very happy there. The staff were all extremely helpful and sympathetic and made her feel welcome and at home. Unfortunately, it was discovered (by a very attentive senior nurse) that mum had a large growth in her chest which eventually she died from. I found the staff to be extremely gentle and sympathetic in dealing with both my mother and the entire family and we felt instantly confident in leaving mum in their hands. They became part of our family and we will miss them.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Grandmother initially went into Robertson Nursing Home at the age of 97 as my Mother could no longer care for her. Already very ill, she slipped away within six weeks during which time I have never met such a group of wonderful, caring people as I did there. I cannot fault their commitment and friendly attitude toward both residents and their families. It was so difficult to put our loved one in the hands of strangers at first but all the staff quickly made her feel safe and cared for, even after keeping her independence for all her years, within a couple of weeks she referred to Robertson as 'home'. During her last few days when we spent many hours sitting with her, we were cared for and looked after by the staff and management with such affection. I would wholeheartedly recommend this home for those looking for a home away from home for their loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

As a family, we cannot thank the nurses and staff for the wonderful care, kindness and affection they gave to my father in his last months at Robertson. As difficult a decision as it was at the time, we knew it was the best place for dad to be and we feel that he knew that too and the care he received gave him those extra few weeks with us.

Everyone there has been a great support to me, my mother and our family and I will not forget the kindness and compassion that was shown to us all.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have great admiration for the wonderful staff and carers. Their kindness and caring attitude far exceeds expectations. My mother receives constant attention and human interaction with cups of tea and very excellent food. The food is of a high quality and lovingly home made, fresh and well presented. The entertainment is so good that I try to come and watch as well. Robertson's care for my mother much better than I could possibly do myself and for which I will be forever grateful. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been in the home for a year now and have been satisfied with the care, cleanliness, food and all the other facilities they provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Likely

Due to distance (I live in Bristol) I am unable to visit my mother on a regular basis, but following recent visits, I have nothing but praise and ultimate trust in the staff for the care they give my mother. I know that she is well looked after and very happy and settled.
I am also regularly kept informed with a newsletter from the home which I find reassuring as it keeps me up to date with all the news about the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

From the moment I arrived here I didn't want to come to a home but after being here I completely changed my mind. The tender loving care of all the staff made me feel as though I had come into a lovely family. Nothing is too much trouble and the smiles and affection that we receive make you feel that you are needed and wanted. A little pat on the shoulder and a gentle squeeze of the hand gives you peace and confidence. I find the home is run very well. The staff are very attentive. I can't find the words to praise the home and staff and I consider myself very fortunate to be in such a haven of peace. If I was the queen I could not be treated better.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Robertson is an old, quirky building not purpose built so rooms can be small and without full en-suite facilities. The staff are excellent caring and efficient. My husband has not settled happily but this is not down to the caring staff. There is a qualified nurse there at all times which is another reason I chose Robertson.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband stayed at the Robertson for respite care, it was a great relief to know that he was being looked after by such caring people. Previously he had attended for day care so I knew some of the staff. We are always greeted by now with a friendly smile. The food is good and well presented and suitable for elderly people to enjoy.

How likely would you be to recommend Robertson Nursing Home? Likely

When my mother was transferred from hospital to start her life again in a nursing home, she was very frightened of what was to happen to her, but all she received from the staff was kindness and they seem to care what her views were.
They were also always ready to listen to her family's concerns and they always seemed to have a suggestion to offer us. So pleased that I had placed my mother in their tender loving care.

Submit a Review for Robertson Nursing Home

Date: Friday 18 Nov 2016

Penny

Penny King

Job Title: Manager

Penny leads a skilled and professional team delivering consistently high quality care. Robertson Nursing Home, part of Beritaz Care is a forward thinking and dynamic company offering real career opportunities for anyone for a passion for Care.
We're always pleased to hear from outstanding individuals wishing to join our team. We can offer a great range of benefits, training and flexible working. See our jobs page for more information.

Evelina

Evelina Gavrila

Job Title: Care Assistant

Joined: 2013

I joined the team at Robertson Nursing Home in January 2013 and felt so at home from the start. I previously studied law but never had the chance to practise, however since coming to Robertson, I’m pleased to say that I have improved my English and have started on my NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care. I love the Robertson team, it feels like family, even more so since my husband is part of the team. I enjoy working here and I think the best thing, as others have said, is how much support I’ve received from everyone.

Penny

Penny Trigwell

Job Title: Activities Organizer

Joined: 1980

I've worked at the Robertson Nursing Home for 35 years. I started out working two nights a week, which suited me as I was also working at a play school. I was a stay-at-home mum for a while until my adopted daughter was a little older, then came back on nights, before deciding I'd like to try days. I really enjoyed it as you learn so much about the residents. I decided I wanted a change from caring so worked in Waitrose for five years, but returned to Robertson Nursing Home and have never wanted to leave again! Since coming back I've learnt so much. I've completed my NVQ Level 2 and 3, and as well as caring I'm doing activities for 20 hours a week. I enjoy working at Robertson: it's a very friendly place with its homely atmosphere, which visitors often comment on. It makes me proud to say I work at Robertson Nursing Home.

Maria

Maria Taylor

Job Title: Care Assistant

Joined: 1992

Maria has been working for Robertson Nursing Home since October 1992. She works really hard and does her job to the best of her ability, showing respect, dignity and compassion to all of our vulnerable residents. Maria appreciates the great support she receives from her colleagues and the career progression she has been able to make as a result of the learning and development that has been provided by Robertson Nursing Home. Maria has said that her weakness is a bar of whole nut chocolate, cuddling her dogs and feel good Christmas films.

Angela

Angela Mihaescu

Job Title: Clinical Lead

Joined: 2014

I started work as a nurse in an orphanage, caring for around 100 children, and studied English in my spare time. I then went to work in a hospital where I spent eight years, which were wonderful even though the work was very hard. During this time I also studied Management and Marketing for four years. I decided I needed another challenge, so I came to England to work as a nurse. My first year at Robertson was hard as I was still learning the language, but I did not want to give up as I am a fighter and I hate to run from problems. My confidence increased with big support from Carla, Penny, Dr Grove and all the staff at Robertson: I love them very much and now I find myself inside a big family, all working hard, succeeding and moving forward together. We all want to improve the quality of life for our residents and other people who trust us.

Caroline

Caroline Crawford

Job Title: Team Lerader

Joined: 2000

I became a carer at Robertson Nursing Home 16 years ago. In in that time I have achieved NVQ Levels 2 & 3 in health care; I'm also a Dementia Champion and I became a Team Leader (and Senior Carer in 2015). I enjoy working at the Robertson Nursing Home because it is like an extended family; it gives me a sense of pride knowing we are all doing our very best to give our residents what they deserve

Ivanka

Ivanka Maradzhieva

Job Title: Nurse

I spent three years in medical college in my native Bulgaria, studying to become a general nurse. I worked for two years in endocrinology, mainly with diabetic patients, then moved to the trauma and orthopaedic department, because I wanted to learn about first aid and how to help patients with trauma. I worked there for almost eight years before deciding to come to England. I started work as a Care Assistant at Springkell House, becoming Senior Carer four months later. Springkell House is purely residential, so I was given the opportunity to move to Robertson Nursing Home to continue in my profession as a Nurse. I am very blessed to be with a company willing to support me, provide guidance and help me acquire valuable skills and confidence. I am enjoying my work; I feel welcomed and supported, and love the friendly environment and atmosphere. Dementia is unique: working with dementia patients I am learning every day, but I know I still have a lot to learn! I know my manager is always there for me, and that she will give me the best possible help and advice.
We're always pleased to hear from outstanding individuals wishing to join our team. See our jobs page for more information.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Robertson Nursing Home