Patcham Nursing Home

Eastwick Barn, Eastwick Close, Patcham, Brighton BN1 8SF

Patcham Nursing Home, in Brighton, employs a team who are experienced in a wide range of care needs, suiting the challenges faced by modern care provision and adhering to the requirements of regulators.

Residents have a versatile lifestyle supported, with the home's aim being to put client satisfaction at the centre of all decisions, which includes respect for personal dignity and interests.

Group: Wren Retirement Living

Person in charge: Allyson Ettiene (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Brighton & Hove City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Fees information:

Price dependent on assessment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Patcham Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Patcham Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Patcham Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.662 for Patcham Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (55 Excellents x 5) + (9 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 71 Ratings = 4.662

The 4.833 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Patcham Nursing Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 6 Target = 0.833

9.5 Patcham Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.495) from 6 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Patcham Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Patcham Nursing Home

• Great-granddaughter of Resident/Service User

I am so happy I chose Patcham Nursing Home for my mother to spend two weeks respite. I knew she would be in safe hands as soon as I met the manager and I was proved right. Attentive approachable staff, a charming garden and delicious à la carte food. Thank you Patcham Nursing Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Patcham Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Allyson Ettiene, Manager at Patcham Nursing Home responded to this review on 14 May 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments. The team at Patcham Nursing Home is continually striving to uphold and improve the quality of care we give both to our residents and their relatives.

Carers very caring people and all very friendly. Very good at their job. Family atmosphere. Looked after my mum very well. She was not the easiest of people, due to her conditions, to look after but they always make sure her edges were on the bed and bedsides were up. Never once did I have to say about this, not like other homes my mum was in. I was constantly having to complain. Would have been nice to have sent some flowers and card for her funeral.

How likely would you be to recommend Patcham Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The menus were ample with a choice of foods at every course and some you didn't think they would have, it's all there. There was a resident chiropodist and entertainments manager. A staff member would come in and do the ladies hair once a week on Friday. Wednesday a musician came in for an hour. IT'S JUST THERE - WHATEVER YOU WANTED - IT WAS THERE. A resident tended the garden whenever he was able. I'm afraid I was there just one week, then I stayed another week, then another week until my 6 weeks were up. Then I said to the staff, can I stay longer? They all agreed that I could except NHS (they said NO) so 6 weeks for the best holiday (respite) that I could have. I can only remember some of the names but all had that friendly face that you want when you are ill.
So thank you, all of you.

How likely would you be to recommend Patcham Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Allyson Ettiene, Home Manager at Patcham Nursing Home responded to this review on 06 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your review of our home. It is our intention to give our residents person-centred care which meets their individual need. We continue to strive to maintain and improve our residents' experience at our home.

I cannot fault this amazing nursing home. My mother has had the best care one could wish for. Whenever I go to visit, I ask the first carer or nursing staff where my mother is and they immediately know and guide me to where she is.
Her room is always clean and tidy and her clothes, both in the wardrobe and in the draws are neat and always tidy. The staff are the same as when my mother went there four years ago. Which is always a good sign. The people from the catering staff right through to the top are lovely caring people. I can honestly say I haven't had a days worry since my mother went into their excellent home.
Highly recommend this place. A big thank you to all the staff from a very grateful daughter.

How likely would you be to recommend Patcham Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Allyson Ettiene, Home Manager at Patcham Nursing Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review of our home. Our aim at Patcham Nursing Home is to continue to provide excellent, person centred care to all our residents and to create a warm environment of being 'at home'. We appreciate your feedback to us.

92 with vascular dementia and immobile she is washed and cleaned daily, given the opportunity to wear any clothing she wants, her dignity is kept. Her food requirements mean she's feed with help of others, the encouragement and patience with my grandmother is impeccable. The nursing home is split into two levels with high dependent upstairs. She loves her new home.
She gets her hair done and care staff paint her nails. Her medical needs are met and local doctors are always on hand. Staff are impeccable.
I feel my grandmother is in a safe place with call bells and locked doors safeguarding her.
I have regular communication with the team there.
I drop by night and day due to my working shifts they are not only consistent but her paper work is up to date.
They keep time date record like a hospital, they allow me to see her food / fluid intake, her toilet habits, her mood, her personal hygiene and any concerns this means they are proactive with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Patcham Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are helpful and kind to residents and family. Everywhere looks clean and the staff work very hard to maintain standards. I feel I can discuss any issue open and honestly with the matron.

Submit a Review for Patcham Nursing Home

posted 03 May 2018

1 lovely room available in our beautiful home in Brighton.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Patcham Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Patcham Nursing Home