Homelands Nursing Home

Horsham Road, Cowfold, Horsham RH13 8AJ

Homelands Nursing Home protects the needs and well-being of forty-three service users with sometimes complex care needs, thanks to the efforts of a skilled and professional team of caregivers.

The property is located in a pleasant area of Horsham and adheres to modern standards of care, while striving for a friendly service in which loved ones of residents feel secure.

Please contact the home for details.

Group: Medicrest Ltd

Person in charge: Frances Price (Registered Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £590 – £1000 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Homelands Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Homelands Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Homelands Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Homelands Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.771 for Homelands Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (169 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 214 Ratings = 4.771

The 3.8 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Homelands Nursing Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.300

8.6 Homelands Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.6 (8.571) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Homelands Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Homelands Nursing Home

My mother-in-law was treated with care and dignity during her stay here. We always felt staff would always go the extra mile to make life more comfortable for her. There were plenty of activities which were always encouraged. Staff were constantly thinking of ways to help and encourage with any difficulties we may have had.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Homelands Nursing Home is set in a beautiful rural area. My late mum, until recently a resident, said it feels like home from home but with the reassurance that a nurse is only the press of a call button away. I have no worries, I can relax knowing that the staff will deal with all my needs. The home treats its residents as guests that don't have to fit into a rigid regime, although they are actively encouraged to socialise and have meals together if possible. The environment is a happy one. Homelands work closely with local doctors, pharmacy, hospital, hospice and keep good records. It is the dedicated staff/management ethos that makes Homelands such a superb nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

So warm, friendly, compassionate. Nothing was too much trouble.
Clean but cosy.
All staff so very warm and professional, lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I was recommended by my best friend to look at Homelands for my mother who suffered mental problems, the best recommendation I've ever received. From management to cleaning staff their dedication is inspiring. I was lucky enough to be able to visit my mother 2/3 times a week and was always welcomed with a smile. Even had the chance to get to know a large number of residents (what a lovely bunch of happy people with great stories). Homelands is set in the heart of Sussex with some fantastic views of surrounding countryside. Inside is very clean with pleasant d├ęcor and spacious. I'm so pleased we found a place where my mum would be comfortable and feel safe in her last years of her life. A truly lovely place with staff that really do care, I thank them all from the bottom of my heart and so would my mum. WELL DONE HOMELANDS AND THANKYOU.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the team at Homelands Nursing Home. They have cared for my mother with the utmost kindness, patience and respect during her old age and mental health difficulties. I do not live locally and it has meant so much to me knowing that she has been in their excellant care. On the many occasions over the years I have visited my mother they have always been welcoming and have honestly reassured me when I have vocalised my concerns about her poor health and weight loss. My brothers and sisters who live locally have visited more often building some wonderful relationships with the team.
I will always remember the kindness and respect they showed to my mother and the support they gave us yesterday when we were able to be with her when she peacefully passed away.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent care of my father in his last days.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The home was most professional in all its dealings with my wife. The staff were considerate and kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Likely

Both my parents were residents at Homelands, one of them for over five years. The accommodation was always clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and attentive. I am very happy with the care they received in their last years.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother clearly became a resident on 14th April 2016 and passed away after a short stay in hospital on 13th July 2016. Whist mum was only in the home for three months she went from being an introverted, unhappy, sad lady to one that joined in activities and spent most of her day in the lounge interacting with other residents and joining in at the dining table. All of this was down to the patience, care, understanding and good humour of all the staff. We feel blessed that mum spent her last days here.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The beautiful surroundings were the first thing that caught my eye. Beautiful. The home and room were spacious, clean and was home from home. The staff, food and care were second to none. The residents all seemed happy and was cared for. My Mum was there for just a few months. In that short time, she made friends and seemed content. Thank you to all the staff for your wonderful care.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

After nearly 5 yrs in residence a Homelands my father has recently died. He had dementia. As in all this time, the last days of his life were greatly eased by the care, compassion and diligence of the staff. My mother had also been a resident at Homelands but for a shorter time before her own passing. It is a great testament to the management and staff at the home that the high standard of care has been maintained throughout. My parents were treated in their final years exactly how I had wished. I would recommend Homelands to any family.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The nursing team and all the staff are excellent, very caring and patient. The residents are treated respectfully. The rooms and communal areas are very amenable and clean. It is a very professionally run care home, with excellent communication systems between shifts. The food is mostly of a good standard and mainly home made. I think for the price, butter should be used instead of margarine and the quality of the bread should be improved. Better salads and more fresh fruit salad for desert perhaps.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

In 2016 my father was diagnosed with terminal lung and brain cancer. My 85 year old mother was unable to cope, so the family made the decision on sending dad to a care home. We looked at some local places which were awful, then came across Homelands whilst on our way home. The staff were friendly, caring and considerate from the moment we went in. I thought the room available was a hotel guest room. It had great views and it's own en suite. My father spent five extremely happy weeks there and he thought he was in a hotel. Good food, great staff, good entertainment. Sadly he died there in my arms. I will never forget Homelands and praise their brilliant staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My uncle lived at Homelands for four months. He was very happy there and liked all members of staff. He has a very nice room with his own en-suite and television, enabling him to remain independent for as long as possible. He enjoyed the home cooked meals very much. We found the staff all very pleasant and caring, nothing was too much for them we were allowed to visit at anytime of day which we found to be very reassuring. The entertainment was good and seemed to be enjoyed by the residents. It is a shame that he could not have stayed at Homelands longer.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We could not have wished for a better home for her. The staff were always attentive to her. She was always clean and so was her bed. The care from all the staff was kind and caring. We could not have done more for her if it has been possible for us to have has her at home.
The staff were always pleasant to any of her family and friends and kept us informed about her condition.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My sister suffered a stroke and was in hospital for 8 weeks, but due to her list of other health problems they could not keep her in hospital any longer and had to go into a home, which I was dreading.
Fortunately for me, my sister was offered a place in Homelands Cowfold.
My fears of a home were banished by Homelands, especially the care received and the accommodation which was perfect. The manager and the staff offered the finest care possible and my sister was very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been here for five months now and I am extremely happy with the standard of care that she gets. The staff are excellent nothing is too much trouble, and I feel that we have been fortunate indeed in fining such a homely and well run nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Homelands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Homelands is a lovely, friendly and extremely clean place. The staff are very caring and made Mum's last few years as comfortable and pleasant as they could be. It was good to be able to visit Mum in a relaxed and peaceful environment, knowing that Mum was being well cared for.

Submit a Review for Homelands Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Homelands Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Homelands Nursing Home