Brendoncare Stildon

Dorset Avenue, East Grinstead RH19 1PZ

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The majority of our homes are accepting new residents and many of our homes have New Year offers, so please call 0300 303 4866 for more information. For further details, please see our latest admission guidance on our website. Following new lockdown rules for England announced on January 5th 2021 by the government, our homes are currently closed to indoor visitors. However, we can offer bookable window visits. Each of our care homes can provide you with details. Across Brendoncare, we regularly facilitate video calls and phone calls, and post of any kind is always well received. updated on Friday 08th January 2021

View latest information for Brendoncare Stildon

Brendoncare Stildon is a purpose-built care complex located in East Grinstead and comprises a nursing home for 32 residents, 11 close care apartments and a small daycare centre.

The complex provides a specifically designed home where older people can be assisted to live as normally as possible while remaining independent and enjoying fulfilling, happy lives.

Stildon is convenient for East Grinstead centre and all its amenities. Residents can enjoy the pretty mature gardens that surround the complex.

Skilled care is offered by the staff and they are proud to do so in an atmosphere where residents feel they are still in charge of their lives.

Care Provided

• Type of Service
  • Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

• Registered Care Categories*
  • Old Age
  • *Registered with regulator 'Care Quality Commission (CQC)' to provide these categories of care
  • Other Care Provided
  • Respite Care
  • Sheltered Housing

Good to Know

• Person in charge
  • Annie Burisky (General Manager)
  • Admission Information

• Phone Point in own room/Mobile
  • Residents Internet Access
  • Residents Kitchenette
  • Smoking not permitted
  • Television point in own room
  • Wheelchair access

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.7 (9.667) out of 10 for Brendoncare Stildon is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 15 Reviews in the last 24 months.

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The maximum Review Score for a Care Home is 10, which is made up of Average Rating of Reviews (maximum of 5 points) and Number of Reviews (maximum of 5 points) in the last 24 months:

• a) 5 Points are available for the Average Rating of all Reviews in the last 24 months. For each review the Care Home / service is rated Excellent, Good, Satisfactory, Poor or Very Poor on a number of areas eg Staff, Management etc. The Care Home receives points for each rating as follows: Excellent = 5. Good = 4. Satisfactory = 3. Poor = 2. Very Poor = 1. These points are added up and then divided by the total number of completed ratings to generate the average rating.

The Average Rating of 4.667 for Brendoncare Stildon is calculated as follows: ( (119 Excellents x 5) + (53 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 174 Ratings = 4.667

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brendoncare Stildon is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as per below:

• i) 4 points are available for the first 10 Positive Reviews in the last 24 months; 3 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.125 Points for each of the next four Positive Reviews and then 0.1 Points for the next five Positive Reviews. (1st = 3.000, 2nd = 0.125, 3rd = 0.125, 4th = 0.125, 5th = 0.125, 6th = 0.100, 7th = 0.100, 8th = 0.100, 9th = 0.100, 10th = 0.100) 3 + 0.125 + 0.125 + 0.125 + 0.125 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 = 4

• ii) 1 point is available for the number of Positive Reviews reaching 20% of the registered maximum number of service users in the last 24 months. If this number is partially reached, then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home registered for a maximum of 50 service users has to reach 10 Positive Reviews to receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews it will receive 0.7 points. 20% of the 32 registered maximum number of service users is 6.4, which has been reached with 15 Positive reviews. Points = 1

• If a Care Home does not have a review in the last 24 months. then it will not have a Review Score.

9.7 Brendoncare Stildon has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.667) out of 10 based on reviews in the last 2 years. Over all time Brendoncare Stildon has 17 reviews with an Average Rating of 4.7 out of 5.

View the carehome.co.uk Review Policy

• 13
  • 4
View more filters
Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

In all cases for my husband, we find he is well catered for in care nursing and respect. The staff are really tolerant and the manager is first class in advising the relatives during this most turbulent year. Overall Stildon gives the feeling of belonging to a large family. I really do sincerely appreciate
the calm I feel with my husband being truly cared for. Thank you.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your kind words, what a boost on a dark day in January. I have to say your husband brings joy to our lives most days and is very much a valued member of our Stildon family.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.1 out of 5

My mother arrived at Stildon a few months ago, not an ideal time to arrive in a nursing home for the first time with Covid all around and limitations around visiting, but the home has kept us fully informed on everything that is happening at all times. We look forward to better times in the coming year.
The staff are caring, and Mum seems very happy, albeit a little confused at times about the lack of us being able to visit. It is a very friendly environment.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you, Lynda, for your kind review. I am so pleased you have given us five stars for treating your mum with dignity, it is what we aim for in every interaction. As the challenges continue with Covid, we aim to be as flexible as possible with all aspects of our care and management of the home.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.9 out of 5

The best thing about this home is the staff who are very competent and friendly. The rooms are nice and when my aunt first moved in we were allowed to bring a couple of pictures to put on the wall to personalise it a bit. They always keep us up to date with news of my aunt and are welcoming when we
go to visit.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

We are so glad you are happy with your Aunt’s care. We pride ourselves on the strength of the team in delivering relationship centred care.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

My 94-year-old mother went into Stildon, East Grinstead in mid-October 2020 after 3 falls in her flat. Initially, she went in for respite but is now residing as a permanent resident.
I have found all of the staff extremely polite and kind and it would seem nothing is too much trouble for them.
The
management team have also been very kind and from my perspective put the needs of the resident above every other consideration.
I have found the whole team (management and staff) to be very understanding, responding to emails, phone calls and visits in a very timely, friendly and considerate manner. I can't thank them enough for that attention to detail and customer service.
My mother was not initially very content to stay in Stildon (nobody likes change) but it is a credit to the staff that she is now very happy where she is. She is liked by the staff who care for her, but she also likes them very much.
Well done Stildon and thanks for your help during this difficult period.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It has been a pleasure welcoming your mum and the family to Brendoncare Stildon. I am glad to hear that you feel so well supported by us.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.7 out of 5

Stildon has definitely been the right choice for my mum's care. The staff are very kind and try to cater to her particular likes and dislikes. Although I am aware that activities are available to residents, Mum has never enjoyed 'organised fun' and her wishes are respected. It has been a difficult time
for all care homes but throughout Mum's time as a resident, I have remained confident that Stildon does everything it can to keep her safe. In my experience, sometimes communication and organisation are not quite as efficient as they could be, although this may be due to the additional burden of dealing with and adapting to new regimes in the light of the Covid pandemic. Having said that, if I had to choose between a kind and caring home or a highly efficient one, I'd opt for the former every time. Thank you to all the staff for the tremendous work they do.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your lovely review, which is particularly welcome as we continue to experience challenges every day as we adapt to Covid. We take on board your comments about communication and efficiency and strive to improve.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

It would have been nice to have more activities.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, and I am pleased that overall you are very happy with the care received. I recognise and apologise for the lack of activities and am pleased to say that we now have a new and dynamic activities coordinator in-post; who started this week.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.7 out of 5

Most of our experience over a fortnight has been very positive. My husband has Parkinsons disease and early dementia and all staff have been very caring and delightful in their care for him.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for the lovely review. We so enjoyed looking after your husband and look forward to welcoming you both again in the future. Take care Annie.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

Mum is always well looked after. She is always kept nice and clean and wearing nicely matching clothes, shoes and socks. Her room is also spotlessly clean and tidy and her bits and bobs are treated with care. She is treated with respect and when awake usually has a nice smile when the carers bring her
tea etc. and stop and chat to her.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

We enjoy having your lovely Mum living with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review, it is much appreciated.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.4 out of 5

My relative has lived at Stildon for 5+ years, his needs, medication, likes/dislikes etc were assessed in detail prior to admission and are regularly assessed/updated.
The skilled, caring staff treat him with dignity and respect in a professional but personal, friendly manner.
The individual call
bell system is excellent and callers are responded to immediately.
There is a good diary of activities. The wheelchair accessible, sheltered garden is a pleasure to sit in on a fine day.
There is a lovely welcoming "homely" atmosphere throughout the purpose-built building and the standards of cleanliness, hygiene and laundry are good.
The Manager has an open-door policy for relatives, residents and staff and encourages a good team spirit so staff turnover is low, it is most unusual for agency staff to be called in.
My relative was in 3 other local nursing homes whilst on the waiting list for admission to Stildon - it is by far the best one that he has lived in.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of our home. At Stildon we aim for a happy family atmosphere. I am so glad that you feel this is the case. Your contribution is much appreciated.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.9 out of 5

I am a full-time carer to my ex-husband who attends the daycare centre for two days a week. He has been attending for nearly a year now. He thoroughly enjoys his time there. The staff are excellent. Very caring, considerate and professional. They are friendly and very helpful i.e. first class. I am
extremely grateful that this service is available.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your review and good to hear that your ex-husband enjoys his time with us.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

A very welcoming, friendly day-care centre. Nothing is too much trouble for the excellent staff, who are very knowledgable about the needs of dementia sufferers. Although my mother only attends one day a week she has grown very fond of the care team. The centre has the benefit of being attached to the
main care home building, so the attendees can often join in with the many entertainments held there. Mum is always in a very good mood when I collect her, having taken part in fun activities such as singing, bingo, gardening and meeting visiting pets and toddler groups. She also enjoys the well-planned lunch menus and many cups of tea. This allows me to enjoy a few hours to myself, knowing that she is in a safe, caring and stimulating environment.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear your Mum enjoys her time with us and to be able to give some time for yourself.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.6 out of 5

My wife is always welcomed so genuinely by staff and other users. The menu from which to select her meal is very varied over a period of time. Activities also seem to be both varied and relevant. She also gets to relate to the other occupants when they come together to share activities. The day is vital
to my wife and to myself.

Reply from Home Manager, Home Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you John for your feedback. We have expanded our activity repertoire recently and are glad your wife is enjoying this.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.3 out of 5

My husband has recently begun attending Stildon Day Care and has settled down very well.
He has Alzheimer's and staff are very understanding and patient with him. They assist him as necessary but also encourage him to take part in activities for stimulation.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your review and it is good to hear your husband is settling in well.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

A really pleasant environment not too large and where everyone knows their residents well. The staff always however busy find time to talk to their residents and help them with even the smallest tasks. Domestic staff can always be found cleaning and tidying which shows when visiting. Clean and tidy
with none of the odours associated with some care homes. Cannot find anything negative to say.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.3 out of 5

I would like to thank 2 lovely ladies who looked after my father in the daycare unit. They are on duty Monday to Thursday.
Unfortunately, he only stayed on 2 Wednesdays. He is now in hospital.
Both of the ladies were kind and compassionate. The daycare unit can be highly recommended.

Reply from Annie Burisky, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We are so proud of our ladies, they do a great job Mon-Thurs, as does our staff on a Friday. Please pass on our best wishes to your father.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

The home has a relaxed and very friendly atmosphere, I always feel so welcome when I visit. I feel that the staff do actually care about the residents more as part of an extended family group and particularly enjoy the humorous 'banter' that is exchanged without loss of professional behaviour to resident
and visitor alike.

My mother can be cross and tearful with frustration and will often tell me that a member of staff has spent time with her or that they never seem to bear any grudges the following day.

The overall care and compassion in often difficult circumstances shown by the staff is excellent and I recommend Stildon to anyone who finds themselves needing residential care.

Reply from Naomi Butcher, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your lovely review of Brendonare Stildon. We are always striving to provide person centred care with our caring staff. We wish you and your family all the very best.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.9 out of 5

After the sudden onset of my father's terminal illness we as a family were faced with a dilemma. We had to decide the correct care pathway for him. We had a choice of him remaining in his own surroundings, a hospice or care home.
He needed professional medical assistance for his well being 24 hours
a day. We went and viewed Stildon East Grinstead. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by friendly, knowledgeable qualified staff who showed us the facilities available.
Stildon is immaculate with comfortable rooms and cleaned to a high standard. My father was shown compassion by all staff members and we were content knowing he was in good hands. He was allowed visitors daily who were also made most welcome.
We as a family would like to thank all who run and work for this care home. You do an amazing job and not only provide care in such a difficult time to our loved ones but also give the family support also. Well done Stildon, we highly recommend you.

Reply from Naomi Butcher, General Manager at Brendoncare Stildon

Thank you for your very kind words. It was our pleasure and privilege to provide the support needed and we wish you and your family all the very best.

Submit a Review for Brendoncare Stildon

• Before publication, we check that all reviews comply with our Review Policy and we show all reviews to care providers. It can take up to 30 days for a review to be published or deemed non-compliant.

Please provide your details as we may contact you to verify this review. The review MUST be input and submitted by you, using your own personal email address(the email of the care provider will not be accepted). Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously. Your details may be passed to the care provider or to its service provider handling reviews but not to any other third party. They will not be published.

This information will be published on the website, the care provider website and potentially on selected websites/social media.

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 12 months.

Reviews comments must comply with our Review Policy Content Standards.
Please do not use names (job titles / positions are acceptable) of any individual or identifying features, abusive remarks, or allegations of negligence or criminal activity.
Please enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Care Quality Commission (CQC) Rating

Overall
Good

• Caring

Good
  • Effective

Good
  • Responsive

Good
  • Safe

Good
  • Well-led

Good

Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.

View Latest Report

Annie Burisky

Joined: 2019

Annie

I have come full circle, I began my career as a care assistant at Brendoncare Stildon and it is a huge privilege to be General Manager at this wonderful home.

In the interim years, I moved into the wider care sector and spent over 20 years working in staff development, recruitment and human resources in the care industry. I worked with elderly people and people with dementia, and have worked within residential communities and secure dementia communities.

I hold Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and have many training qualifications.

As the General Manager, I oversee the management of Brendoncare Stildon nursing home, and work alongside highly skilled nurses, care assistants, administrators and ancillary staff. I manage the integral day centre for people with dementia. In addition, I support the residents of the ‘close care’ apartments adjoining the nursing home.

I am delighted to be part of this friendly forward-thinking team.

The company puts people at the centre of everything they do, both in the care we provide to those we look after and the support and opportunities we give to staff.

In my spare time, I enjoy travelling to warmer climes, cooking and entertaining. I like to practise yoga and enjoy spending time with my two grand-daughters.