Wyndley Grange Nursing Home

2 Somerville Road, Sutton Coldfield B73 6JA

Wyndley Grange Nursing Home, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands

Wyndley Grange Nursing Home is experienced in a wide range of healthcare challenges, providing care that is tailored to suit the individual and of a recognised standard.

Residents and their loved ones are assisted in a sensitive manner when integrating within the life of the home, with viewings recommend and pre-admission assessments carried out.

Alongside a person-centred service, the team believe in supporting an active lifestyle, involving the residents in decision-making and taking on board individual likes and dislikes.

Group: Homecroft (Four Oaks) Ltd

Person in charge: Nick Murch (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Birmingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £750 – £1000 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £695 – £750 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Wyndley Grange Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Viewing by appointment only (especially weekends). We do understand that sometimes appointments are difficult to arrange. We ask that you call 1 hour before viewing. This is to ensure that we have someone available to show you the Home, without compromising care to our current residents.

Parking is available on site. Should there be no available spaces, the local leisure centre next door has parking facilities available.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Wyndley Grange Nursing Home: click here

9.3 Wyndley Grange Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.251)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Wyndley Grange Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Wyndley Grange Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.704 for Wyndley Grange Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (113 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.704

The 4.547 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Wyndley Grange Nursing Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.547

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Wyndley Grange Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Wyndley Grange Nursing Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

I do not think I could do better anywhere else. As one of very few not confused, I miss company to talk to but the carers are very good and do converse when possible. I have a motorised wheelchair so I can get into the large garden which makes life much more bearable and interesting for wildlife.

How likely would you be to recommend Wyndley Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum was a resident for three months. She was treated with the utmost care, compassion and dignity. We as her family were also treated with the utmost care and compassion. We cannot thank ALL the staff enough for this.

The care given to my mother in her final days at Wyndley Grange Nursing Home was exemplary. I cannot praise enough the care and I mean "care" that was given to her. As end of life when she went in I got another 6 weeks with my wonderful mom that I wouldn't have had due to the attention and quality nursing that was given to her.
Congratulations Wyndley Grange for changing all our perceptions of nursing homes! I'm not easy to please and wanted the very, very best care for my mom and she definitely got it.

Very pleased with the overall care that my mom received from this nursing home. The place is clean and atmosphere is very conducive for patients like my mom, who was on palliative care. Carers are brilliant and had kept Mom clean and comfortable. Nurses are skilful and well equipped with expertise in this area of care however, I've met a couple who are not good with their communication skills and were a bit abrupt and had no empathy with my dad at all. There are nurses who have been very kind and have a good heart and you can tell that they are genuine in what they are doing. I would like to thank the nurse who my dad always mentions has been very good with him and Mom, and the nurse who gave us support during Mom's last days. A big thank you to you all.

Activities: Don't Know

My wife's grandfather became a guest of Wyndley Grange after becoming immobile and unstable at home. His fitness had diminished over time and my wife's parents decided he needed more care and attention. After visiting and looking around lots of care homes in Sutton Coldfield we decided Wyndley Grange was the best place for him as not only did the staff seem the most attentive but the care home overlooked Sutton Park and had some lovely outside space and with Grandad being a retired farmer we thought he would enjoy the green space.
We have been delighted with the care and attention that he received at the home. The owners and all of the staff were so so kind to Grandad and although he was sad to leave his home he was very well looked after here. The food and facilities were all good and there were lots of activities for the residents and Grandad enjoyed doing jigsaws and being in the garden. Our thanks to the manager and his great staff for making Grandad's last year comfortable and happy.

Wyndley Grange was the natural choice, for my father to go. We also had my nan in the home and therefore fully aware of the the capability and service the home can offer. Every thought and effort was provided to make his stay as comfortable as possible under the circumstances. The room my father lived in had modern day facilities, ensuite and the room always felt clean when we visited. Whilst it's not the greatest subject to talk about, the smell throughout Wyndley Grange always smelt "fresh", with a genuine warm atmosphere, which a lot of competing nursing homes cannot provide. Lastly, we would like to give the staff at Wyndley Grange a big thumbs up for the way they treat everybody who visits the home, you're always welcomed with a cup of tea and the staff always make a point of getting to know you, which makes it a family atmosphere, as opposed to "just a nursing home". If anybody had a bad word against the home, I would strongly challenge any negative thoughts and would recommend this to anybody.

ALL and I mean all the staff, of which there are a lot have been wonderful to my nearly 98 year old uncle. He was always kept beautifully clean and his room also. The staff are always busy, but always have time to chat to relations too and put them at ease.

He could not partake in any activity, but was always asked and gently encouraged.

Activities: Don't Know

My wife has been a resident in Wyndley Grange Nursing Home since October 2014. The care that she has received during her two years so far has been first class and cannot be faulted. Every member of the staff shows kindness to all residents and treats everyone with respect. They attempt to anticipate their needs and deal with them before a problem arises. If there is any cause for concern it can be discussed and dealt with without objection by the manager and senior staff who are always available to talk about the care that is provided. The nurses, carers and other staff are always very cheerful and do their best to keep all residents happy in, sometimes, very trying circumstances. Various activities are organised for those residents who are able to take part and benefit from them.

When we were initially looking for a care home for my mother we were very impressed by Wyndley Grange's assurance that a GP visited every Wednesday - we were led to believe that seeing a GP would be no problem. Once my mother was living at Wyndley we found that this was not the case. We struggled to arrange the GP to visit my mother. We found the nursing staff very good, very knowledgeable and caring. However we found some of the carers were poor. One particular carer treated my mother very dis respectively. Most of the carers were good, although there seemed to be quite a lack of communication regarding my mother's needs. We were very disappointed at the huge number of different carers which we thought would be very unsettling to a new resident. This situation did improve when we pointed this out so we felt our concerns had been heard. We were surprised that the manager did not send his condolences when our mother died but we were touched that the nursing manager came to her funeral.

How likely would you be to recommend Wyndley Grange Nursing Home? Unlikely

Management: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

The family and I wish to express our appreciation and sincere thanks for all the care and attention they have given my Mother since January. Every member of staff from Management, Nursing Sisters, Carers, Domestic/Laundry Staff and even the handyman. We are updated regularly as to her condition and always made welcome when visiting. Cannot fault anyone.

Whilst my dear mother in law's stay at Wyndley Grange was relatively short she was afforded exceptional care by the staff.
It was a great pity she was unable to enjoy the views over Sutton Park in her final days with us. The staff are attentive and understanding of the needs of the residents and visitors - respectful and courteous even in the most trying of circumstances.
When visiting I took the opportunity to speak with other residents and their relatives and my impression of the care provided was echoed by everyone. Thank you to everyone at Wyndley Grange for caring for our mother, the family will be eternally grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Wyndley Grange Nursing Home? Likely

My mother was cared for in an outstanding way over nearly three years, as she gradually became less mobile and more subject to dementia. All staff were genuinely caring and professional.
I was also impressed by how easy it was to communicate with everyone there, at any level, so we gained great confidence in her care.

Submit a Review for Wyndley Grange Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wyndley Grange Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wyndley Grange Nursing Home