The Cedars

Kingswood Road, Albrighton, Wolverhampton WV7 3JH

The Cedars is a charming property that has been lovingly refurbished to suit the care needs of up to forty-two adults, including a purpose-built extension.

Residents have permanent access to skilled carers, with a personalised approach, while being well located to pursue an active and independent lifestyle as much as it suits them.

This homely accommodation is versatile towards the use of its living areas, at the same time as adhering to sound health and security practices.

Group: Springcare Ltd

Person in charge: Christina Spain (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Shropshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Younger Adults

Fees information:

Price on Application

Facilities & Services: Gardens for residents

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Cedars: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for The Cedars is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Cedars in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.77 for The Cedars is calculated as follows: ( (139 Excellents x 5) + (37 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.77

The 4.595 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Cedars is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target = 0.595

9.4 The Cedars has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.365) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Cedars?

Reviewer Connection to The Cedars

The Cedars is situated in a peaceful location on the edge of Albrighton. It enjoys spacious gardens and a lovely outlook over countryside. We could not have been happier with the care Dad received here. The Managers and their team were friendly and welcoming, whilst their professionalism and expertise provided great comfort and reassurance for us as a family during a very difficult time. Nothing was too much trouble; without exception, the staff were caring and attentive ensuring Dad was comfortable and treated with dignity at all times. Our thanks and gratitude to all at The Cedars.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

My mother went to The Cedars initially on respite whilst she visited for a place to become available at another care home. After 3 weeks she enjoyed The Cedars and particularly the staff so much that she requested to remain as a full residential patient. The care, love and affection she was given particularly in her last days was wonderful. She really loved her time at The Cedars as we as her family are grateful for the exceptional staff who made her 2 months visit such a lovely one.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

I would like to thank all the staff without exception for the love, care and attention given to both my parents who have been residents in the dementia wing for the last 13 months until my father passed away recently. At this sad time, it has been a great comfort to the family that mom and dad were able to continue spending the last of their 63 years of marriage living together right to the end. It has been very touching to see how genuinely upset the staff have been at losing dad and proves that their compassion is real, as shown every day to all the residents. We are very pleased that this transition period has been managed so well and that mom is happy and continue to feel that this is her home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

My sister was at The Cedars for 5 weeks with a terminal illness. The standard of care and support was excellent. Staff were so kind and considerate and treated my sister with great dignity. I would like to thank them all for the way in which they cared for her at her life's end. In particular, I would like to thank the manager and her deputy for the support that they gave to me.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

The care my dad received was excellent. The carers were kind and very compassionate. I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

Dad went in at the end of February for palliative care as his heart is failing.

I can't sum up just how caring and efficient the staff have been! They have so much time for Dad, making sure he's comfortable, checking if he needs anything, being really careful and caring when taking him to the toilet or up to bed. Whatever he wants he gets. They shower him, administer his meds, rub cream on his sores, give him his nebuliser - all really professionally.

There are plenty of staff, at night as well as in the day. Dad needs nursing care and there is always nurses onsite.

The home is very airy, bright. modern and clean, no smell unlike many we looked at, and we looked at a lot! Meals are excellent - it was his birthday today and they made him a cake.

His room has a TV and walk-in shower. They have lifting equipment and know how to use it. They have activities such as dominos, skittles and bird watching.

Not much more I can think of to say other than I thoroughly recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

The staff have been very attentive, I cannot praise them high enough.
The care is excellent, very kind and considerate, treated like friends, always there when they are needed. Thank you for making this home available to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

In September we had to take the very difficult decision to look for a home for our parents who both have vascular dementia. Our Mom was struggling to cope with Dad’s wandering at night and after keeping them in their home for as long as possible we made the decision to search for a home.
We visited several homes and were in despair at what we had seen until my sister called The Cedars. The duty staff were extremely accommodating and were told that we would be welcome to take a look around at any time to suit us.
It was completely different from anything else we had looked at previously. There was no unpleasant odour and it was like stepping into someone’s lovely home.
The room available was well presented, with its own wet room and overlooking the garden.
Mom and Dad have settled in quicker than we expected thanks to all of the staff involved. We cannot fault the staff, they are caring and hard working and have been brilliant with helping Mom and Dad settle in so well.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

Finding the right care home for my Mom became a full-time mission, but on visiting The Cedars, I knew this amazing place would be home for Mom. The love, care, and dignity shown to all of the residents is totally heartwarming. Mom was the first resident in the new dementia suite 'Lilly Pad' with a beautiful large room with an en-suite overlooking wonderful countryside which made the transition into a care/nursing home very comforting. All of the staff show immense care and kindness. Just perfect.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

My family and I liked The Cedars from the first day. I and my brother came to have a look around. The manager showed us around and was very helpful and we said it was a very homely place.
The staff are very very good and what they do for all the residents and are very caring. I myself get on with all the staff, I have said if they need me to help make cups of tea or anything I don't mind helping them as I love helping people myself.
Thank you for all you do at The Cedars.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

Whilst walking along the corridor, I passed the open bedroom door of a bedridden resident. A care assistant was kneeling on a "crash" mattress next to a frail, elderly resident. She was speaking gently to the resident by his name and making eye contact. I was struck immediately by the caring, compassionate and humane manner in which this care assistant was reassuring this elderly person.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

The home is located in pleasant surroundings set in lawns surrounded by trees with adequate car parking facilities. The room is a good size, ensuite, light and airy and well ventilated. The management is efficient, professional and easily accessible when required. the staff are well trained and provide a professional, cheerful, kind and caring service. The rooms are cleaned regularly and the laundry provided is carried out in-house and is good. The food and drink prepared in the kitchen are very good and individual special menus are catered for as evidenced in our care. Light refreshments are offered to visitors and generously provided without cost. A dentist and chiropodist are available when required and a hairdresser and manicurist visit regularly and have been used by us.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

We are very pleased with the care my mother is getting it is so much better than her previous home. The standards are high staff are very caring and patient. The younger staff some from afar relate particularly well to her needs. Standards of furnishings, food and cleanliness are very good. The cedars is an excellent well run establishment that tries very hard to provide individual quality nursing care in a clean, comfortable home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

My blind bed-bound mother has been at The Cedars since January 2013. The care she has takes a lot off my mind. The staff are wonderful at making sure she has what she wants and encourages her on bad days. It's nice that she has a continuity of carers so that she can identify them by voice and build up a friendship. They are her extended family and what a lovely family they are.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars? Extremely Likely

Having visited The Cedars for a year now, I can say I have found the care and staff absolutely faultless in every respect. My mother is treated by all the staff alike as practically a member of the family and is always shown kindness, love and care of the utmost standard. We as a family are very reassured and satisfied with mums attendance and secure in the knowledge she is safe and well looked after.

Submit a Review for The Cedars