Marion Lauder House

20 Lincombe Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 1PY

Marion Lauder House has shown its capabilities in catering for a wide range of care needs, including long-term residential and short-term respite care, with specialist assessments and also dementia nursing.

Carers come highly-trained, with access to some of the care sector's innovative technology, which the team combines with the benefits of a homely atmosphere and activities programme to achieve a satisfying service.

Group: Care Concepts Ltd

Person in charge: Laura McCloud (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 79 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Marion Lauder House: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Marion Lauder House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Marion Lauder House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.822 for Marion Lauder House is calculated as follows: ( (148 Excellents x 5) + (32 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.822

The 4.316 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Marion Lauder House is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.8 positive Reviews (79 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 15.8 Target = 0.316

9.1 Marion Lauder House has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.138) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Marion Lauder House?

Reviewer Connection to Marion Lauder House

My wife is 54 years old and we have been married for 31 years. In 2012 she was diagnosed with semantic dementia and at the end of 2015 was fortunate to be given a placement at Marion Lauder. The management and staff were wonderful and continued to be so as her condition changed to a point where it became increasingly difficult to keep her from harm. In 2017 additional premises were acquired and developed to more appropriately meet my wife's needs. (A stroke of genius in my opinion) The premises are of an extremely high standard and following my wife's transfer I have felt so much more confidence that her needs are met as fully as possible that my own health has improved. I cannot thank the management, nurses and all staff enough for what they are doing for my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

Unfortunately, my mother had to go into care when her health and dementia became so bad we couldn't give her the proper care necessary at home. At first, it broke my heart that she wanted to come home. She is now very settled and comfortable at Marion Lauder. The staff are all very friendly and my mother is treated so well and often has a laugh with the staff, even though she is very confused in the main. Her quality of life is much better than when she was at home and Marion Lauder was the best decision I could have made for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law was first in the assessment unit and has now moved to the Maple Unit permanently.
She has settled in very well and has got used to the carers. The staff are all very helpful and very caring. I can relax now she is in 24-hour care as I know she is being looked after with dignity and respect and is safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

Could not ask for a better care home. Everyone is very helpful and kind.
Every where is kept very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

I have worked in many care homes across the country in my working life and currently, I am a Healthwatch volunteer scrutinising care homes within my area. I have recently completed an 'enter and view' for a brand new purpose built care home that had very much on offer and was a delight to walk around. That said I would not move my mum from Marion Lauder because all clients and staff are 'family'. As with all families there are ups and downs, could we change this or that but there is always family and family matters most. Thank you for making my mum and me part of your family.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

My uncle was in this home for approximately 10 years. In all that time, we did not have one complaint. The care from the staff was excellent and always with a smile on their faces.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

Love the place. Care is very good. Food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

The longer time goes on that my dad has been in Marion Launder, the more admiration I have for all the staff who work there. Their compassion and caring nature is there to see every time I visit my dad. As a family, we fell lucky that dad is in Marion Lauder.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

As a family, we are more than pleased with the care and attention given to my husband. It is obvious the staff are kind and patient with him as his face lights up when he is approached for any reason.
The room and bedroom are always sparkling clean and my husband's clothes are always spick and span.
The staff are always willing to discuss things if you have any problems.
All in all, we cannot praise them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

Excellent all round. Residents are so well loved and cared for by all staff. You couldn't wish for anything more for your loved ones. Amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting my brother-in-law on a regular basis for nearly 3 years now. He is quite content and always well dressed and clean apart from the odd food stain - (inevitable)! In my 80th year and I get them too!! I can wander in at any time and always feel more welcome and comfortable. The staff, in my experience, are lovely and caring. Very little turnover which is always a good sign.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

I was very nervous and apprehensive about finding the right care home for my mother as she had always said, "don't ever put me in a home". My mother has been in Marion Lauder for 6 months and she has been so happy and content. I really can't believe how well she has settled, but I do know that the main reason for that is the staff. The carers are absolutely fantastic. So caring and very down to earth (more like friends to my mum than staff). I am so relieved and have complete peace of mind that I found the right place for my mum.
Thanks to all the dedicated staff at Marion Lauder.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

My wife has been at Marion Lauder for 8 months, during which time I have found the standard of care consistently excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful and show acts of genuine kindness and humour towards the residents. I am happy that my wife is receiving the best care possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

After my brother and I had been through the minefield of trying to find the right care home for our mother Marion Lauder stands out by a distance. The staff, the facilities and the care is exemplary. Our mother has settled in extremely well and benefits enormously from the clear understanding and appropriate care that Marion Lauder offers someone who has dementia. I cannot praise them enough and when we were initially trying to quantify the qualities of care homes - private and funded we turned to the CQC . In virtually every instance we found their opinion bewildering given our experiences. Thank goodness that you can express your personal and emotional experiences through media like this - which surely are more accurate than CQC 's box ticking.

How likely would you be to recommend Marion Lauder House? Extremely Likely

Living overseas I find it very difficult both physically and emotionally having my mum in a residential home, but Staff and Management have been so warming, kind and also very professional to both myself and my mum. I have nothing but gratitude and respect for them, especial 1 member of staff who has become more than just a carer to my mum but also a friend. So I would like to give my thanks to everyone and anyone looking for a care home for a relation, please don't think twice Marion Lauder is the one.

Submit a Review for Marion Lauder House

Date: Saturday 11 Jun 2011

September 2010

Investors in People

Date: Sunday 19 Sep 2010

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Marion Lauder House