Winsford Grange

Station Road Bypass, Winsford CW7 3NG

Winsford Grange is set in a beautiful location, overlooking the Cheshire countryside. The 60 bed care home offers residential and nursing care for older people, including people living with dementia.

It is part of the award-winning charity Community Integrated Care.

By getting to know the people supported, trained staff deliver the highest standards of person-centred care. Every person living at Winsford Grange leads a happy, active and fulfilled life, tailored to their individual passions and interests.

The warm and welcoming home has plenty of space to relax, including spacious lounges, an activities room and hairdressing facilities.

Each person supported has their own large bedroom which they can personalise to their own tastes.

The home also boasts a large, landscaped sensory garden, which makes for a wonderful place to relax with visiting family and friends.

A varied activity programme is on offer for all to enjoy. This includes arts and crafts, reminiscence sessions and live entertainment with visiting artists and performers. Relatives also play a key role in shaping the home's activity plans and are welcome to visit any time - there is no restriction on visiting hours.

Group: Community Integrated Care

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French, Dutch

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Winsford Grange: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Winsford Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Winsford Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.517 for Winsford Grange is calculated as follows: ( (105 Excellents x 5) + (57 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 176 Ratings = 4.517

The 4.917 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Winsford Grange is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.917

9.4 Winsford Grange has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.434) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Winsford Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Winsford Grange

My father who is 89 has been a resident in Winsford Grange for approximately 12 months. I travel from Liverpool to visit him twice each week and am always assured of a warm and friendly welcome. The home is very clean and there is a good atmosphere. On the downside, my father's room is on the small side with no en-suite facilities. Also, the home would benefit from redecorating as much of the Woodwork is very scuffed and chipped though the logistics of this must be difficult with the residents in situ.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Likely

I feel very happy to have dad in Winsford Grange as I feel he is treated with respect and kindness at all times. Staff spend time chatting with residents and are aware of their individual needs. Visitors are always made to feel very welcome and involved in the care of their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

I think this home is excellent the car given is of the highest standard. The staff are kind and activities are excellent and plenty to do trips out and lots of other things to get the residents involved. I love this place as it has a nice atmosphere everyone is pleasant and happy. I would not hesitate to recommend this lovely home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

This care home is very good. The staff are really good and pleasant. Although a lot of the residents are limited the activities are well thought out giving the ones who are in residence something to do and to look forward to. The overall feeling is friendly and welcoming. Also, the feelings of all the residents are well thought out in the way each area is best suited to the persons needs so as not to invade certain privacies. I would recommend this excellent home to people who need to be in care.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

Lovely caring staff, some who go the extra mile.

Home is clean and has great facilities. Can't fault it.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

Winsford Grange is an excellent care home. My husband is treated with love, respect and dignity. When I visit it is like going to visit family with all the staff. They understand what the relatives are going through as well as taking care of the patients. The food is good and varied and the patients always have a choice of menu.
The rooms are kept clean and tidy and the patient has their own personal items with them. The activities are varied with entertainment most weeks and the patients are taken for days out on the minibus. The activities on the units is not as varied but the patients are at all different stages of dementia so it is very difficult for staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

From the time my wife came to this care home from hospital, she has received great care and support from the nurses and other staff. She is made to feel at home by the approach of the staff. I am kept informed in regards to her state of health and progress. The nurses and staff are always available to discuss concerns or practical thoughts which I may have.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

My Dad is residing at the above care home and we all, as a family, are extremely happy with the care my Dad receives. My Dad has been a resident here for just under 12 months and we have noticed how settled he is. The staff have shown nothing but kindness and respect towards our Dad and the care have been excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

The care I get is brilliant. All the staff look after me. If I need anything I just ask and they will do it. Nothing is too much for them. They help with my shower, make my bed. If I press the buzzer they come straight away. It is a very good place to come to. Would not go anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

Great deal of care seems to be taken to make sure all residents are treated with kindness and dignity. It's always a pleasure to visit, as the hall is decorated and welcoming. The care home is very clean and made to be as much like home as is possible ie small sitting bays. As a visitor I am made welcome and given updates as to my friend's situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

The care home is wonderful. The staff are amazing. They don't just hold the title of carers, nurses and managers they really do care about every aspect of their job. I could not have chosen a better place for my lovely mum if I'd have searched the four corners of the earth.
The atmosphere is filled with warmth, care and love - yes love!
Better than the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

My father in law had 2 stints in Winsford Grange, the first was in 2015 for a period of about 5 weeks whilst he was recuperating from hospital treatment. Having heard a lot in the press about nursing homes in general, my wife and I were concerned about the choice we made. We didn't need to worry, the facility at Winsford Grange is fantastic and we had a good feeling about it the moment we came in. Any home is just bricks and mortar, what makes Winsford Grange special is the nurses and staff who gave our father such wonderful and loving care and played an important role in helping him to return home. Sadly, the next occasion was is later 2016 when our father's condition worsened and he was admitted to Winsford Grange for palliative care and spent his final days in Winsford Grange. He was welcomed back like an old friend and the level of care and support we received from the staff during this difficult time was commendable.
We would without hesitation recommend Winsford Grange to anyone

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted early September onto the Austen Unit. He has settled really well, all due to the amazing care he has received from all the staff. When visiting we've always been made to feel very welcome.
My only concern now is that dad has to be moved from there because he is in a CHC bed and he has dementia (will be very unsettled and confused and even distressed). Due to the ratio of carers to residents elsewhere, dad will not receive the same level of care where he has to go (what a system). Can't speak highly enough of the care and devotion he has received on the Austen Unit.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

My Husband spent the last two weeks of his life at Winsford Grange Care Home.
The staff were professional, efficient and very caring, the care my Husband received was excellent. The staff treated my Husband and Myself with compassion, they made our last two weeks together as happy as possible and me to treat Winsford Grange as my home too, for whatever time my Husband was staying there.
When the end finally came they treated us (our family) with dignity.
I am so glad we chose Winsford Grange Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Winsford Grange? Extremely Likely

I am writing this review as a thank you to all the unsung hero's that work at the Grange. Dad was only there for two week's before he died but don't think he wanted for anything, having dad so close to home with very open visiting. On my first visit I called to check out the home for a very picky customer, was greeted at the door and invited in, shown around without any trouble at all. I felt very welcome. One last thing I would like to mention is how clean and fresh smelling The Grange is big. Thanks from me, dad and family and friends xx

Submit a Review for Winsford Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Winsford Grange