Three Bridges Nursing Home

Nook Lane, Thelwall Lane, Latchford, Warrington WA4 1NT

Three Bridges Nursing Home is located in the residential suburb of Latchford.

It has been specially designed to accommodate residents, providing high-quality nursing and residential care and support for those living with dementia.

Residents are encouraged to personalise their own space to take ownership of the home. The home was refurbished during 2015, with new fixtures and fittings across communal spaces, taking into consideration the challenges relating to those living with dementia.

Activity coordinators create an engaging plan to encourage residents to spend time together and socialise, whilst meals are balanced and varied, focusing on home cooking and the diverse tastes of the residents.

The home works closely with professionals such as a dietician, podiatrist, opticians and specialist physicians, who provide specialist services when needed.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Valerie Marston (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warrington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Czech, Romanian

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

From the Town Centre - follow Knutsford Road onto Thelwall Lane. Turn left onto Nook Lane. Hom is located 100 yards on the right.

Protected meal times only.

Free on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Three Bridges Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Three Bridges Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Three Bridges Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.449 for Three Bridges Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (97 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (20 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 158 Ratings = 4.449

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Three Bridges Nursing Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target Reached = 1

9.4 Three Bridges Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.449) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Three Bridges Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Three Bridges Nursing Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

When my relative had to into a care home I was really worried but all my worries soon dispelled. My relative was received with care and love. They have always been treated like a relative of all the carers who do their best to see that life is the best it can be for the relative and their family and friends. Any problems or queries are dealt with as quickly as possible. The atmosphere is good an happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Three Bridges Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Valerie Marston, Home Manager at Three Bridges Nursing Home responded to this review on 15 May 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Three Bridges, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you feel that your relative has settled in well and is treated with care and love. We very much believe that the residents are part of our family and it is wonderful to hear that this is immediately apparent.
Kind regards Valerie Marston, Home Manager.

My mum is being well looked after by the staff and after her move and weight loss they have that under control now and she has settled in. I have nothing but respect for the staff and management. I am always informed of any changes and am happy to see that the home is getting a lick of paint.

How likely would you be to recommend Three Bridges Nursing Home? Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Three Bridges, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you feel that your mum is well looked after and that she has settled in well at the home.
Kind regards Valerie Marston, Home Manager.

My mother-in-law has resided at the Three Bridges for the past 7 months. The staff overall are very passionate about their work, which you can see. They are very respectful of the residents and can’t do enough for them.

The place overall is in need of a refurbishment which I believe is due to start.

My only criticism is that the communication between family, resident and management is not consistent.

I feel that the home should have an advisor who would be able to signpost family ref: benefits that the client could access also what processes follow. Also explanations to what processes are to be followed in certain instances ie CHC assessment etc.

I feel that the door codes need to be changed, as this poses a risk to the residents inside the home.

Overall the home is a friendly place and the care assistants/support workers etc a credit to the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Three Bridges Nursing Home? Likely

Val Marston, Home Manager at Three Bridges Nursing Home responded to this review on 01 May 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Three Bridges, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am very pleased to hear that you are happy with the care your mother-in-law is receiving. With regards to the concerns raised, we will take these forward and investigate the comments that you have made.
Kind regards Val Marston, Home Manager

My dear mother was in Three Bridges EMI Unit from November 2013, until she sadly passed away in February of this year. The standard of care she received during this time was excellent, including end of life care. The staff were always very welcoming and supportive and treated my Mum with great respect and dignity. Thank you Three Bridges.

Val Marston, Home Manager at Three Bridges Nursing Home responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Three Bridges. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that the staff provided care and compassion during your greatest time of need. We very much enjoyed getting to know your mother whilst she was with us and we would like to once again offer our sincere condolences to you all.
Kind regards Home Manager

Since my last review, I am very pleased to say the food has improved immensely with a variety of choices and tasty home cooked food. I would like to praise all the staff for the care and compassion they show to residents particularly one lady who last night saved my mum from choking with her very speedy and professional response. I can’t thank her enough for stepping in and taking control when I was panicking. All the staff are lovely and friendly. The home is really nice and welcoming but a bit tired looking, however, we are all waiting for the refurbishment to start which will definitely make a difference. I would definitely recommend the home and I am happy and confident that when I am not there Mum is receiving the best care available.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Three Bridges, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that find the staff caring and compassion. I am pleased to note that you have seen a great improvement in the variety of choices offered in our home cooked food and that you would have no hesitation in recommending the home.
Kind regards, Home Manager

Unfortunately, we had to put our mum into Three Bridges Nursing Home recently, very distressing for our family, but the staff were very good reassuring us. Our mum settled very quickly and she is more content and relaxed than she was at home. The whole staff are amazing and treat her and the other residents like family.

My mother is well cared for by all the staff at the care home. All staff are courteous, professional and competent.
There are more permanent staff on duty now after a period of unrest. The permanent staff know the resident's idiosyncrasies better than the agency staff, therefore, care has improved immensely. The present staff are wonderful, will answer any questions I have and always display a calm exterior.

Val Marston, Home Manager at Three Bridges Nursing Home responded to this review on 27 Feb 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Three Bridges, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents so I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the way your mother is looked after. I am also pleased to hear that you have seen big improvements in the home over the last few months following the increase in permanent staff.
Kind regards Val Marston, Home Manager

My Mother received fantastic care and compassion, I can’t find fault with anyone. At all times, she was treated with respect and dignity. I would particularly like to pay tribute to the staff, from the Manager to Nurses to Carers to Cleaners to Kitchen staff, everyone we dealt with was first rate and took great pride and personalised care towards my Mum. This continued to her passing and I would like to also especially highlight the care offered this ‘end of life’ time, we were offered every conceivable consideration and care

The food was always plentiful and warm including endless Tea and Sandwiches to our family in the final days. If I am honest, the actual home is a little worn around the edges (nothing that a coat of paint would not fix), but the Home is immediately warm, welcoming and spotless with great staff which is by far the most important issue

We could not have wished for a better Care Home; you do an incredible job, thank you for your sincere compassion and friendliness

Excellent care. Very friendly and caring. Would recommend to friends and family. Big thank you to the Manager and staff for going the extra mile.

Val Marston, Home Manager at Three Bridges Nursing Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Three Bridges Nursing Home, all feedback is much appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team, they will be very pleased.

Three Bridges is a lovely nursing home, clean and tidy, though could do with a little refurbishment.
This doesn't in any way dampen the spirits of the staff. They are all thoroughly lovely and very attentive to the needs of all the residents. They always have a smile and answer any questions I have whenever I come to visit my nan.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for our home, Three Bridges. We are always pleased to receive positive feedback and I will certainly share your comments with the team. We aim to provide the best possible care for our residents and try to make the home a happy place for them and their families to be.

We couldn't find fault in the nursing home. All staff were very caring. The care my great aunty received was brilliant.

We would like to thank the assistant manager for everything she did for my aunt and our family.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Three Bridges Nursing Home, all feedback is greatly appreciated and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team. We strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident's person-centred care at the heart of what we do.

My brother has been at three bridges for two years now. At first he was aggressive and upset and didn't want to be there, but he has settled down and knows where he is and all the staff. He is comfortable and looked after. I have got to know the staff after all this time and they are always pleasant and caring, doing a difficult job and coping with unpleasant circumstances sometimes.

How likely would you be to recommend Three Bridges Nursing Home? Likely

Valerie Marston, Home Manager at Three Bridges Nursing Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we really do value the feedback we receive about our home. Our team of staff are compassionate and understanding, aiming to create an environment for our residents where they can feel relaxed and at ease. We are pleased to hear your brother has settled in and feels comfortable at Three Bridges.

We had problems at first but eventually everything was sorted. The staff are great, very caring. Garden could do with more maintenance during the summer months as my nan is filling up hanging baskets herself and also maintaining the garden, for all residents to sit out and enjoy with their families.

How likely would you be to recommend Three Bridges Nursing Home? Likely

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do value the feedback we receive about our home. Our team of staff aim to interact with and involve our residents in activities as much as possible and it is lovely to hear that your nan helps out with the gardening. We will take on board the comments you have made about the maintenance of the garden and hope to continue to improve it.

I have been very pleased with all aspects of the care provided by Three Bridges during very trying times. Perhaps most importantly I have always found the staff to be caring.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, we really do appreciate the feedback we get. We strive to provide the highest possible level of care to our residents and support their families as much as possible and we are pleased this has been your experience.

Submit a Review for Three Bridges Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Three Bridges Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Three Bridges Nursing Home