Park Avenue Care Home

8 Park Avenue, Leeds LS8 2JH

Owner: Park Avenue Care Ltd

Person in charge: Denise Richardson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 43 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Park Avenue Care Home: click here

8.1 Park Avenue Care Home has a Review Score of 8.1 (8.069)

The Review Score of 8.1 (maximum of 10) for Park Avenue Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Park Avenue Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.586 for Park Avenue Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (43 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 70 Ratings = 4.586

The 3.483 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Park Avenue Care Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 8.6 positive Reviews (43 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 8.6 Target = 0.233

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Park Avenue Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Park Avenue Care Home

My father spent the last few weeks of his life here and received care, patience and understanding from the whole team, 2 ladies in particular. We visited and stayed with Dad and were made very welcome, they couldn't do enough for us. I cannot thank the manager and her team enough.

Activities: Don't Know

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Park Avenue Care Home responded to this review on 27 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review and kind words about our staff and the care that your farther received while he was with us.

My dad was at Park Avenue Care Home from 10-10-2013 until he passed away 30th May 2017. From day one his care was very good. When he first went there his blood sugars were very high and within days with correct food and care these were brought down and kept down unless he had an infection. My dad's needs were always met by the nursing team and care team and I was always informed of any health changes. If he needed a doctor, I was always informed and always told the outcome.

I would like to say right from the management - nursing - care - cleaning teams I have always found them to be very pleasant and helpful at all times. Nothing is too much trouble for them and always asked how I was too. The manager's door was always open if I needed a chat.

From the bottom of my heart, I can not thank them enough for how my dad was cared for in his latter years.

How likely would you be to recommend Park Avenue Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Park Avenue Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jul 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager

My auntie was in the care home for five months, she was cared for by excellent caring staff and contrary to the CQC report where the leadership requires improvement I found the Care Home manager at Park Avenue was excellent. She was excellent from the first visit, explaining the care home and ensured we had a full understanding of the services and had a member of staff show us round.

I believe that overall the staff showed caring and cheerful care to it's residents and visitors alike, this can only be achieved by good leadership. We live sixty mile from the care home but were kept informed by the staff on the EMI unit if they detected any change or cause for concern in my aunties health.

The only area I can see room for improvement is the EMI lounge area which is small and not particularly well laid out.

How likely would you be to recommend Park Avenue Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Park Avenue Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My wife has been resident at Park Avenue for nearly three years. She has Alzheimer's and requires one to one care. All the staff at the home treat her with considerable love and care, always greeting her as we walk about the home and gardens and always make me feel at home too when I visit (most days). When her room was recently flooded from an upstairs bathroom, the Manager quickly moved her to a spare room and got her room redecorated immediately, making improvements at the same time. So now my wife has a smart room with new pictures and wall art to cheer the place up. I feel very relaxed to know my wife is doing well cared for in a very difficult situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Park Avenue Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was admitted after 2 months in hospital with vascular dementia and other multiple conditions. I had total confidence in the treatment given to ease the final stage of his life. I visited every day and helped him at meal times and saw all the care and kindness shown to him and myself. He was nursed in bed in a pleasant room which gave us peace and privacy. If he had been able there was an attractive dining room, lounge and gardens and various activities. The staff were friendly and helpful, treated him with dignity and always ready to explain any treatment.

How likely would you be to recommend Park Avenue Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum moved into Park Avenue in August 2014 since she required a Nursing home which specialises in EMI Care. At the outset the family were impressed with the understanding of Mum's needs by all those who work at the Home.

Throughout Mum's stay she has been treated with the utmost of respect, care. patience and understanding. Every member of the Nursing and Care team takes the time to listen and respond appropriately to Mum. Her medical needs are acted upon and communication with the family is outstanding - directly to family members when we visit and by phone if we need to know any new developments. This so comforting as we have a lifetime of being involved in Mum's well-being and we still feel included in this.

Despite working so hard in the care of the elderly residents, staff smile and remain patient. Park Avenue are clearly recruiting the right people for the work. Mum often tells us how nice her carers are to her. They demonstrate true understanding of Mum's personality and take the time to chat to her - a vital element in Mum's well-being. The family feel confident that Mum is in the best possible place at this time in her life. We are all pleased we chose Park Avenue for Mum.

Submit a Review for Park Avenue Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Park Avenue Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Park Avenue Care Home