Roseway House

Wear Street, Jarrow NE32 3JN

Roseway House is located in the centre of Jarrow, a town on the River Tyne.

Roseway House offers nursing, residential, dementia and respite care.

Highly skilled staff offer person-centred care in a friendly and approachable manner.

En-suite bedrooms can all be furnished and personalised by each resident.

There are two quiet lounges and spacious communal lounge are other areas for residents to unwind and spend time with friends and family.

The care home is operated by Mariposa. Everyone in a Mariposa home is treated with the dignity, respect and compassion that you and your family would wish for.

Group: Mariposa

Person in charge: Leanne Southern (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 49 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Roseway House: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Roseway House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Roseway House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.687 for Roseway House is calculated as follows: ( (125 Excellents x 5) + (31 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.687

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Roseway House is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.8 positive Reviews (49 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 9.8 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Roseway House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.687) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Roseway House?

Reviewer Connection to Roseway House

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

I'm writing this review about my dad. All I can say, my family and I visited my dad every day. The staff are amazing in every way, just watching them, how they care for residents and even us, always smiling. We LOVE all the staff in here and I mean ALL.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

Very happy with the home. My dad has been there for nearly a year and the staff have a really good relationship with him. I have built a bar and helped out with fundraising and there is always something going on and a good atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

I visit my grandad regularly and he is always well looked after. The home has lots going on and the staff know him really well. He has really settled there and the staff always welcome me and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

My mam is happy in this home and looks well fed and is looked after very well.
She enjoys her food and her room.
She likes people-watching by sitting at the door to see what's going on.
The staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them.
She liked the snakes and animals coming in and also the singing.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

My family looked all over the town for a home for our ill mother. We came to this home and we took a liking to Roseway House straight away, outcome of people that were happy and enjoying themselves and how clean the rooms were. The meals are very good for the money and all home-cooked. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My Mum has been here for a couple of weeks and she is making some nice friends and feels comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

I have found the staff, at all levels, friendly and helpful. Nothing is a bother to them. They are willing to help at any time. The residents at Roseway House are treated with understanding, consideration, kindness and tolerance. The staff organise activities creating stimulation for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

My dad received outstanding care since he came to Roseway House. It was a very difficult decision to make. He has made more progress than I could ever have imagined. Also, the support I have received from staff has been amazing.

The residents are all very relaxed and staff go out of their way to make life more bearable in the life my dad now has.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the care my wife receives from all the staff at Roseway House. She is always happy and tidy, her clothes are always clean as is she. The staff are all very friendly and take their time to make sure my wife's needs are met.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Likely

My dad has only been in a few months but every time I go in, I am greeted with a smile and told how my dad's doing and what they are trying to do for him, like get a wheelchair. They are always joking and talking to him and keep me updated with his care.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

I understand that my sister, who has Downs syndrome and dementia, is the first person with 'Downs' to be cared for at Roseway House. Over the 3 years, there the staff at the home have done their utmost to care for her as her family would wish. In the EMI facility, there is better resident/staff ratio and has met her needs. The current manager has improved the services/ambience of the home and is to her credit. My sister's family are extremely grateful for the genuine care provided and that the home is local.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

The home has had a major transformation: new chairs, tables and decor. It must be one of the best around. I credit the manager for that. Staff are very caring and do a grand job. It has been let down by the food. Same old meals (boring) and sometimes burnt. I suggest the food should be sampled before being served and a better variety offered. The food should not be served when it's clearly over cooked and sometimes tasteless. That is my bug bear, 'don't dish up food to those lovely people who can't speak for themselves and don't have many pleasures in life'. The staff, cleaners etc are all hard working, caring people.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Likely

Although my husband was in Roseway House for a short while, he was very ill and the care he was given by all staff and management ensured he was peaceful and comfortable at all times. The family was always made very welcome at all times and gave us a peace of mind at all times. All staff were very kind to us all. I was so happy when a member of staff sat with my husband til the end.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

Caring and friendly staff. Very clean and lots of activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Roseway House? Extremely Likely

It's very hard to choose a care home for a loved one that is suffering from dementia, we chose Roseway House out of many homes we had visited for our mother who is 92. When mam moved into Roseway House in early December 2016, we knew straight away that we'd made the right decision, ALL the staff have the utmost patience with mam and they treat her with both dignity and respect, nothing at all is a problem to them, we know that we can ask any questions and we know we will get the answers, mam can be a little difficult at times due to the dementia but the staff cope tremendously, they treat mam with dignity and respect at all times, since moving into Roseway House we have seen a big difference in mam's happiness and we believe that this is due to the dedication and patience of the staff. Mam always has a smile for staff members which speaks volumes, this goes to show how happy she is. Everything is so relaxed in a happy environment.

Submit a Review for Roseway House

Top 20 Mid-size Care Home Groups 2018

Recipient: Mariposa

June 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Roseway House