Springfield Care Home

Wylam Avenue, Darlington DL1 2QA

Springfield Care Home is located in Darlington's Springfield suburb and is close to shops, amenities, public transport and the A1(M) motorway. The main shopping area is just two miles away.

This purpose built care home offers accommodation in single occupancy rooms.

Springfield features TV lounges and a quiet sitting room for relaxation. Separate dining rooms, where residents can socialise at meal times, are also available. Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served with residents being able to select from the daily choices available. Special diets can be catered for.

The home is attended by an experienced hair stylist, a qualified chiropodist and a range of complementary therapies can be arranged to suit individual requirements.

A varied programme of activities also takes place in the home for the benefit of residents.

Owner: Springfield Care Home Ltd

Person in charge: Gail Carter (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Darlington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour

Admission Information: Convalescent patients aged 55 years and over..

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Springfield Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Springfield Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Springfield Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.888 for Springfield Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (192 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 215 Ratings = 4.888

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Springfield Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Springfield Care Home has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.888) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Springfield Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Springfield Care Home

Springfield exceeded our expectations in the care of my sister. The home was immaculately clean and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty in the care and attention they provided. They were caring and considerate and very professional. I have no hesitation in recommending this care home and am sure that you will not be disappointed.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Cannot fault the care all the staff have given to my mother. Staff are always helpful and cheerful. It is a warm and very caring home and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a home for a relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been a resident at Springfield since August this year. From the day he was admitted, as a family, we have been very impressed by the standard of all aspects of the home. The management, who are always available to talk to, and are often with the residents; the carers, who are all very caring; the kitchen staff, who make the best means I have seen in a care home; the domestic staff, who are always busy; the laundry staff, we have had no problems, his clothes are always clean and back in his room the next day; the maintenance man who is always busy. The home is always clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy living in this care home. The care staff are very helpful and friendly. We get regular entertainment and sometimes go on trips out.
The food is good and changes every day. The care home is kept very clean and tidy. I feel I made a good choice coming to this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have come to stay at Springfield for a respite break. The staff are so helpful and supportive. I feel safe and at home. I will be sorry to leave but I know I am welcome anytime.
When I go home they are going to continue to invite me to activities which I am most grateful for.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very friendly, helpful staff. Nothing is too much trouble when asking staff for help. The care home has a homely feel, not too big like some. The food is excellent, cooked on the premises with plenty of selection. The home is very clean and tidy. Entertainment is just enough with quiet areas to sit in. Would highly recommend this care home. My Mam is very happy here and her health has improved since she came in. Much safer than living at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident at Springfield since August 2014. We chose this home because we were so impressed with the quality and caring staff. This has been consistent over the time mum was in their care. Nothing was ever too much trouble.

Staff always had time to speak to family. Staff ensured we were always informed about mums health and their care of her in often difficult situations. Mum had Alzheimer's and staff treated her with dignity. Sadly mum died on the 21st of April and senior management have been very considerate to the families needs in all aspects. From helping with mums room and her effects to own wellbeing.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

As far as I am concerned, this care home is very well run. This home is well and staff are thoroughly open, honest and very approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I chose Springfield because of the friendly atmosphere and the way the senior carer took the time to talk to me and show me round. She clearly loved her job and staff retention seemed better than average. Mum was very unsettled to begin with but the staff seemed to really care about mum and did their best for her. Mum was kept clean and well dressed throughout her 2.5 years in residence. Mum had as dignified death as is possible with Alzheimer's. Mum was challenging and had difficult behaviour for the staff but they were able to take steps to ensure her safety and security. I believe this was the best place for mum's final years.
Springfield is an intimate place and felt more like home and family, rather than a business. Of course, no place is perfect and there's always room for improvement but I would say that the staff did the best they could with the resources they had. More staff should be available but that is the case everywhere.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home. Caring staff, friendly environment, good food and choice. Staff will do anything to help. I am glad we found this home my mother's on-going care. I think all care for people over 80 should be free!

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visited Springfield Care Home on the day of their Summer Fayre. The staff were very friendly, professional, and made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. There was a buffet, live music, candy floss, popcorn, and a chocolate fountain. Families and residents were all mingling, and there was something there for everyone.
The staff got so involved with everything and were constantly checking everyone had what they needed. I would not hesitate to recommend this care home for anyone thinking of using it. A very high standard of care and attention to its users. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Words cannot express how grateful we are in relation to the way the manager and team looked after my father. This was done so caringly in his last few months. We are forever thankful for all you have done.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was nervous to go in even though it was for a respite stay. They made me feel very welcome and at home. Greeted me and my husband with a cup of tea and cakes. The room was warm and homely and I had my own things to remind me of home. I felt safe and secure. All staff came and introduced themselves. It has changed my view of care homes and I look forward to going there again for a short break.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Likely

When my dad was taken into A&E that left us with a problem, with my mum as she has dementia. The care home offered my mam a place that afternoon, they made me, my daughter and my mam so welcome. When my dad was discharged 4 days later from hospital, we admitted my dad into the care home as well. Then on Sunday (one week later) he is seriously considering to sell the family home, and for them both to stay there. We dealt with the home back in 1998 where my auntie was also a resident. Some of the staff were there then. To me this means this is a happy place to work and for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very friends, clean, homely atmosphere. Wife already in the home. Made arrangements for us to be together which was my worry. Really felt at home, very welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

During my visit to the care home I have found that the staff are very friendly and very approachable. The staff are very helpful when coming through the main door by opening the doors for me as I am wheelchair bound. The staff are good at making sure that the residents are okay by checking on them on a regular basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very clean environment, friendly atmosphere. All the staff are very approachable and well presented, the manager and owner are very understanding towards the residents needs and any concern the relatives may have.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for almost a year and a half and as her dementia has progressed she has had quite alarming mood and character changes. During all this time and changes the staff have always treated her with understanding and respect. I have found all the staff to be friendly and easy to talk to. Quite how they manage to stay so calm when my mother explodes is testament to their training and character. The rooms are, I think, just the right size and suitably furnished. The food is very good, varied and good sized portions. Home made cakes, scones and packets of biscuits are provided during the day. There are activities organised daily, a hairdresser comes in once or twice a week and a local doctor attends weekly. I am always contacted should anything untoward happen; in my mothers case falling over and hurting herself. The building has recently undergone some renovation with the inclusion of a dedicated hairdressing salon and a sensory room. Overall I feel confident and happy that my mother is receiving the care that she so deserves.

Submit a Review for Springfield Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Springfield Care Home