Millview Care Home

120 Carlibar Road, Barrhead, Glasgow G78 1BD

Millview provides professional care for the elderly in a warm and welcoming setting. Short and long term stays are welcome and include convalescence and respite. Care is also provided to those with palliative requirements and to those who are living with Parkinson's disease and dementia.

Split across two buildings, each home has been carefully designed to support an active lifestyle within a secure and safe environment. Spacious lounge areas and dining rooms offer a homely atmosphere where visiting loved ones are made to feel welcome. Bedrooms come with ensuite facilities and may be personalised to suit with small items of furniture and ornaments to promote familiarity.

The chef creates tasty menus, by using seasonal food to provide residents with nutritious meals. All dietary tastes and preferences are discussed on arrival.

As well as daily activities such as quizzes and arts and crafts, the home organises regular excursions to local places of interest to ensure residents lead a happy and fulfilled life.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Jennifer Campbell (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Renfrewshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Millview Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Millview Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Millview Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.455 for Millview Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (149 Excellents x 5) + (105 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 275 Ratings = 4.455

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Millview Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

9.5 Millview Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.455) from 23 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Millview Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Millview Care Home

All the staff at Millview Care Home have been fantastic. My mum has been a resident for three years. My brother is now in the home and the staff have helped us to settle him.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Millview is a very good care home. Staff are really good and show a great understanding of my mum's needs. Always made to feel welcome whenever visiting.Mum has settled well here and is happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in Millview Care Home for two and a half years. She is well looked after and we consider Millview Care Home as a partnership. It's a busy care home and staff are kept busy all the time.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jennifer Campbell, Home Manager at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 11 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. Activities post has been vacant this is now offered and new coordinator will be in post by end of April. We have a programme of entertainers trips and events booked chosen by our residents, we are happy to listen to everyone's suggestions and arrange events to suit individuals needs.

My husband has been in Millview Care Home for almost three and half years.
The staff are amazing and also make me feel very welcome.
He is well cared for, always clean, shaved dressed and extremely well fed.
I would recommend this care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My experience with Millview care Home began in November 2017. I can honestly say I could not be any happier with our choice of care home for our mum. The staff are great with her and cater to her every whim.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our experience as a family since coming to Millview has been excellent.
Great care was taken during my mum's transition from hospital to the nursing home.
Residents are consulted regularly and their views and feelings are treated with compassion and respect.
There is a very enthusiastic activity coordinator who introduces a wide variety of activities and events and ensures inclusion where possible.
The care staff know the residents well and respond to their needs appropriately.
There is effective management in place and residents and families are kept updated on any developments.
The depute who leads the team on the floor is simply wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 13 Sep 2017:

Millview has been a great experience for my mum. She has settled in well and the staff are excellent. It has a home from home feeling. Glad my mum is a resident here.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 12 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your mum is happy and settled this must give you peace of mind knowing that she is well cared for.

My review on a whole is excellent. The staff are all so caring and friendly to my husband, me and our family. I visit my husband most days and he is always well looked after and clean. The food menu is very good and he eats well in Millview. All the staff, from management, nurses, carers, laundry and domestics work so well and it is appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

Since my mum went into Millview 11 years ago she has been shown high standards of care. Staff are excellent, they treat the family as friends. I have no concerns at all, I am just grateful to all at Millview.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am so pleased that you and your Mum are happy with the care and support she has been receiving during her time at Millview. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I find Millview Home very relaxed and very capable of looking after my brother's needs and special diet requirements. I could not sleep at night for worrying about my brother but now I am feeling a lot more relaxed as I see my brother settling in. He is much more relaxed and seems to have settled in very well as the staff are very good with him.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am so pleased to hear that your brother is settling in well and that you are happy with our home - enabling you to relax! We really appreciate your review. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Everything is satisfactory.
I am happy with the care and attention my wife is receiving in the care home.
The staff are very nice, courteous and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

I was impressed above all by the friendliness and kindness that the staff showed to residents and to visitors. Apart from the sheer patience required to deal hour after hour with dementia patients, their care and interest struck me as being above and beyond the call of duty.
The premises were pleasant, with several quite communal spaces, and nice views over parkland and the Levern stream.
I tasted the food my father was offered, and it was very good.
I was pleased to see that my father was well-presented and well-groomed. The overall feeling was not the cold, institutional atmosphere that one might fear.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 05 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review, we really appreciate your feedback. I am so pleased that you are impressed with Millview, their staff, and that you would recommend this home to others. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Millview treats my father with kindness, respect and dignity. The carers always have a cheery and optimistic bearing and look after my dad extremely well, and more importantly - he is extremely happy and well cared for here.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is my second visit to Millview Care Home and I found all the staff to be very helpful and dedicated to the patients.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is a very calming place to stay, I feel it makes life for residents less stressful, the staff are very attentive, kind and always available to speak to and update - not like hospitals where information is not always given. I feel that residents feel safe here, just as if they're at home, also on good day's the outside area will be great to be able to come in at anytime makes all the difference.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 21 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

So far I have found the staff caring for my partner to have been friendly helpful and sympathetic. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them and for that I am very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 10 Mar 2017:

My Dad has resided here for a number of years. He is very settled and happy which is a great comfort to the family. Staff are friendly and always welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

My mother looks wonderful, I could not believe the difference. I should not have waited this long to have her transferred to Millview. She was sitting reading which I have not seen her do for a long time. Also, staff informed me she was enjoying going out for short outings in her wheelchair.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My nana has been in Millview for 7 months and she has had care since arriving. All staff are friendly, helpful and caring and understand my nana's needs and wellbeing.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

I am happy in my home. I belong to a 'well being' group, staff are friendly and helpful. Food is good and my family visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Millview Care Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2016:

My mum has been in this care home for almost a year and I can honestly say the staff are fantastic. We can not visit on a regular basis but have never once shown up at the care home and felt there was anything not quite right. My mum is very happy and in a much better state of health compared to the last place she resided. Staff first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a resident in Millview for two and a half years. There are areas of the home that could be improved. I am mostly happy with the care mum receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Millview Care Home? Likely

Very happy with the level of care/friendliness provided.

Submit a Review for Millview Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Millview Care Home